It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I thought that being transgender was already labeled a disease of the mind? Well one of my best friends has come out to just me that he wishes to have a vagina and will be undergoing gender reassignment surgery. He's a pretty smart guy but also his mother is a bipolar shizophrenic. I'm of the opinion that it is a disease of the mind. The surge in this transgender mania plus all the breast and prostate cancer rates being steady or increasing I'm sure is a result of water treatment facilities being incapable of filtering out estrogen. a reply to: TheScale

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DomJuan

The medical community disagrees with you but hey it's your opinion.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:03 AM
link   
It's astonishing how committed they are to stupidity.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I will SIMPY revert to cussing then.
IT'S LEGAL and being RUDE to them is NOW expected of me.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I will SIMPY revert to cussing then.
IT'S LEGAL and being RUDE to them is NOW expected of me.

To the sick elderly patients, who might be dying?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DomJuan
I thought that being transgender was already labeled a disease of the mind? Well one of my best friends has come out to just me that he wishes to have a vagina and will be undergoing gender reassignment surgery. He's a pretty smart guy but also his mother is a bipolar shizophrenic. I'm of the opinion that it is a disease of the mind. The surge in this transgender mania plus all the breast and prostate cancer rates being steady or increasing I'm sure is a result of water treatment facilities being incapable of filtering out estrogen. a reply to: TheScale

It's the plastics.
Happening woldwide. Thailand is going to become sexless in about 20 years.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PillarOfFire
a reply to: Xtrozero

How about calling them 'things'. Things works.

Not bad!

And at first they might like it. But then about 6 months in they'll demand to be called "nouns". And then 5 months in it'll become "pronouns". Four months later it'll be "blahblahblah". And so on...

Just like with foshizzle:

Crapola, Chef explains it best but that clip isnt available.
edit on 10-10-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The word police are finally here.
Never truly believed it was possible.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
a fricken year wth! many people said it years and years ago when this crap all started that wed end up in a place like this and morons disagreed yet here we stand. what i hate is people will end up being punished for this right up until someone finally has enough and spends tens of thousands of dollars or more taking this through the court system

Or buys a load of guns and proceeds to shoot people up over it. This is the type of thing that will stir someone up the wrong way.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Never truly believed it was possible.

It is California.
It surprises me that it didn't happen sooner.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
a reply to: seasonal

I just wanted to congratulate you all.

This is the first time I've seen a thread related to gender dysphoria make it three pages in without some old fashioned transphobic rhetoric.

With the exception of one very predictable member getting his tranny bashing nut off, you've all acted like adults.

Hall monitor?

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Typical governmental lunatic thinking. Force feed US b.s. no one gives to shakes about it ramming it down our throats, thinking one day we'll give in to their ridiculous laws and rules. Where I come from men are male women are female, although in a major college university a little to the north they are trying to get the weird pronoun game started and made into laws. The future worries me when I think about who might be in charge.
edit on 10-04-08 by Beach Bum because: Edited for editing.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The dawning of making some speech illegal...crack the door and it will be kicked open all the way shortly thereafter.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
"Thise who give up liberty for safety deserve neither"
But its not even safety..hell, you can understand that a but..but this is comfort...take my liberties for my feelings.

I don't get this dumb world.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yep, typical scaremongering by the hysterical right.

Anything to call the left names really.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: bgerbger
Yep, typical scaremongering by the hysterical right.

Anything to call the left names really.

Can you tell me ...

If what we're concerned about is elder abuse and there are already laws against elder abuse, why do we need new laws making some elder abuse more special than other kinds? Was there something in the previous laws against elder abuse that specifically ruled out this particular type of elder abuse as elder abuse? If not, then this law is unnecessary.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't a new law.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

It’s definitely not a form of abuse to not call someone their preferred name and pronoun, so the argument this is to protect the elderly from abuse is absurd.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: bgerbger

Name calling huh?

scaremongering by the hysterical right.

posted on Oct, 10 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It’s definitely not a form of abuse to not call someone their preferred name and pronoun, so the argument this is to protect the elderly from abuse is absurd.

It's microaggression. Anything and everything can be considered bullying and hurtful.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join