It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: TheScale

im curious but whats that have to do with this at all?

The OP quoted/cited, that this rule is directed at SENIOR transgender patients. SENIOR, is the operative word that we should be concerned about.

And then there's the "willful, continual and constant" part, which reveals intentional bullying.

That leads me to believe that this part of the Bill is about senior/elderly protections. They ARE an extremely vulnerable population.

your missing the point though, those things are allready illegal. this is just providing extra benefits for a group, giving special preference and more rights then others. everyone is equal we all have the same rights there is no reason to start picking who gets what rights depending on the decisions that person has made this morning when they woke up. on top of that it takes our right to know that the blood were getting didnt come from an HIV positive patient aswell. you should checkout that section of the bill that lets them withold that info when giving blood
edit on 9-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Not to mention that elder abuse is already illegal no matter what form it comes in.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

And one guy who runs around doing nonesense is proof of what institutional insanity?!?!

Our legal system is screwed..

It cost money to defend yourself even when you are innocent.. so companies tend to settle any complaint that is cheaper than a trial would be.. that’s not new..

And it effects everyone ..

If you sue me for no reason, I likely still spend money defending muself..

What does that have to do with anything??

The right wing talking heads go on the air and start spouting totally ridiculous conspiracy theories. That when you actually think about the logistics required to pull it off it is laughable..

Then their viewers just eat it up..

Just one high school debate class on logical fallacies pretty much single handedly debunks conservatism..

California is full of the same people that are everywhere else in America..

If a logical human being would never go for that, you can bet you are being sold a bag of BS..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Please, show me the law that says that calling "Rose" a transgender patient "Bill", intentionally and repeatedly, with a mocking tone is illegal?

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

One of the big problems is the nursing assistants that have very very little training and very little back ground checks. Oh and let's not forget the TERRIBLE pay.

When a loved (or family) one is easily paying $4000 a month, the cost does NOT equal good care.

edit on 9-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: seasonal

This is referring to senior citizens who are patients in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Did you miss that part? Do you think it is acceptable for nursing staff to deliberately disrespect an elderly patient in that way? Would you be OK with your grandma in a nursing home, likely already depressed, confused and afraid, where the people you're paying to care for her refuse to address her as a woman and instead humiliate her by male identifiers, even though she repeatedly tells them she isn't a man? Because that's what they're talking about here.

Elder abuse is a real and serious problem, and one of the most insidious forms of it is psychological abuse. Why? Because it leaves no visible marks, it is difficult to prove unless the person is caught doing it...and it is a fact that most people do not take elder patient complaints seriously until it escalates to violence.

My father died at 81 from complications of Alzheimer's, and he was placed in a nursing facility. He was helpless, utterly and completely. And if I had ever found out that he had been subjected to humiliation or deliberate disrespect due to someone else's personal bias or belief system for even one nanosecond while he was in there, the people responsible and those who did nothing to stop it would have been in jail. Because elder abuse is illegal and has been for a very long time, and it carries a much harsher penalty.

So actually, they're doing these people a favor. When they get their sorry ass out of jail, they'll still be able to keep their nursing license.

I think this ridiculous pronoun garbage is as stupid as anyone else does. But you're spinning this in a way that is very different from what is actually being brought to bear here.

I would like to think very much that most people would not be OK with elderly people who are often completely dependent upon the people entrusted with their care to be treated spitefully like that simply because they want to retain at least some semblance of dignity. I have seen some horrific things happen to old people in homes, but the psychological intimidation and abuse is the most damaging of all of them. And it is rampant. Willfully mistreating a person who cannot defend themselves is wrong. Period. There is no justifying that. Ever.

I probably won't be back, because this just absolutely sickens me. But hopefully some of you will read this and stop and think before you cheer on the idea of anyone doing this to an elderly patient, because people who would do things like that won't stop at just picking on a transgender grandma. There's only one kind of person who would think that is acceptable behavior from licensed healthcare professionals. And they don't discriminate with their victims.

This needs to be quoted, tweeted and retweeted, like 100 times!

link   
Wow!

Are seniors tranzing in enough numbers to make a law?

I hope it's not a byproduct of getting old! I'm almost there!

Ya know that old saying, "if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle?"

Can throw that one out the window.

What happened to the genderless thing, anyway?

link   

Existing law, the California Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly Act, provides for the licensure and regulation of residential care facilities for the elderly by the State Department of Social Services. Under existing law, a person who violates the act, or who willfully or repeatedly violates any rule or regulation adopted under the act, is guilty of a misdemeanor. Existing law also provides for civil penalties for a violation of the act. Existing law, the California Fair Employment and Housing Act, makes it unlawful to discriminate against any person in any housing accommodation on the basis of, among others, sex, gender,gender identity, gender expression, or sexual orientation.

leginfo.legislature.ca.gov...

Basically how a person feels, and has not a damn thing to do with biology.

And that people is the purpose of laws.

To punish those who don't follow it.

Effing ridiculous.

And there is only two genders.

Male and female.

So if you call someone that was born a guy and it hurts their feelings. Your a criminal.

It's verboten under the peoples republic of California.

California shows who are the science deniers.
edit on 9-10-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   

So all that stuff is already illegal, so the bill is doing what??

Nothing??

Maybe pandering to transgenders with zero actual changes being made???

The horror...

No judge is incarcerating someone for calling a he a she.. not of any race or color..

If it did happen even once it would be a national news story and almost certainly be unconstitutional..

Which then backfires on whatever politicians snuck it through..

It’s a BS scare tactic when right wing talking heads pretend otherwise..

Is there any issue the right wing propaganda whores don’t do that with?!?

“They are comming to get your guns!!”

“Shiria law is comming to America”

They want to make your kids gay!”

“War on Christmas “

None of that stuff would ever fly.. almost no democrats would be down and it is supposed to be a realistic threat??!?!

It’s laughable

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

It's the same one that would say that calling your grandmother a fat cow repeatedly and intentionally is illegal. It's elder abuse if it causes psychological distress.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

One of the big problems is the nursing assistants that have very very little training and very little back ground checks. Oh and let's not forget the TERRIBLE pay.

When a loved (or family) one is easily paying $4000 a month, the cost does NOT equal good care.

But that's a problem for *all* seniors, not just the special ones who think they are in the wrong bodies.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Never make smoking illegal "outside".

Never make anyone wear a seat belt or fine them,

Never make anyone pay a fine for not having insurance.

Lot's of never's come true.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

It's the same one that would say that calling your grandmother a fat cow repeatedly and intentionally is illegal. It's elder abuse if it causes psychological distress.

But ask yourself, "Why would someone do that?" Perhaps to exploit their loneliness and alienate them, so that they're easier to exploit for their property, savings and Social Security checks?

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   

I agree, the Trans problem does not make some one special in regards to not or being abused. Contrary to some on this thread, disagreeing with this obvious pandering does not make me a abuse cheer leader.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

And one guy who runs around doing nonesense is proof of what institutional insanity?!?!

Our legal system is screwed..

It cost money to defend yourself even when you are innocent.. so companies tend to settle any complaint that is cheaper than a trial would be.. that’s not new..

And it effects everyone ..

If you sue me for no reason, I likely still spend money defending muself..

What does that have to do with anything??

The right wing talking heads go on the air and start spouting totally ridiculous conspiracy theories. That when you actually think about the logistics required to pull it off it is laughable..

Then their viewers just eat it up..

Just one high school debate class on logical fallacies pretty much single handedly debunks conservatism..

California is full of the same people that are everywhere else in America..

If a logical human being would never go for that, you can bet you are being sold a bag of BS..

it was just one example of the craziness that is california that i have first hand experience with. it was to highlight how a law designed to protect a people can actually do far more harm then good. in this example it shows how its being used to claim victimhood for a reward while actually providing a worse experience for the very people its trying to help while at the same time putting people out of business who cant afford to bring a building up to modern code requirements that change constantly.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: ketsuko

But ask yourself, "Why would someone do that?" Perhaps to exploit their loneliness and alienate them, so that they're easier to exploit for their property, savings and Social Security checks?

I'm not sure what you are arguing.

Do you think I'm saying that elder abuse doesn't exist? We all know it's a sad fact that it does. What I'm saying is that since we all know it does, including lawmakers, they've made laws to protect against it a long time ago.

Elder abuse is elder abuse. The reason why someone is being abused does not make one kind of abuse more or less special than any other. And unless you can show me that previous elder abuse laws specifically said something to rule out covering transgenders, then elder abuse because someone is transgendered is still elder abuse like all other elder abuse and covered by those laws.

So why do we suddenly need new ones to cover ground we've already covered?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Never make smoking illegal "outside".

Never make anyone wear a seat belt or fine them,

Never make anyone pay a fine for not having insurance.

Lot's of never's come true.

u can add inside to that bolded statement aswell if your in many apt complexes these days. no smoking whatsoever on the property, but my old neighbors could take huge bong rips all day long without getting evicted lol

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

You are 100% correct, It is pandering. Like hate crimes, it was already illegal to kill someone, but it is worse if you kill someone because of a fill in the blank reason.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

One year in jail for speech codes. Wtf...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I just wanted to congratulate you all.

This is the first time I've seen a thread related to gender dysphoria make it three pages in without some old fashioned transphobic rhetoric.

With the exception of one very predictable member getting his tranny bashing nut off, you've all acted like adults.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join