It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Use the wrong pronoun toward a person who files a complaint and you could end up in jail or fined.

California health care workers who “willfully and repeatedly” decline to use a senior transgender patient's “preferred name or pronouns” could face punishments ranging from a fine to jail time under a newly signed law.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the legislation last week.
www.foxnews.com... .html

Sen Scott Wiener, said no one is going to be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong pronoun. Road to hell is paved......(idiot)

The sponsor, Democratic state Sen. Scott Wiener, has argued adamantly that nobody is going to be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong pronoun.

“It’s just more scare tactics by people who oppose all LGBT civil rights and protections,” he said in a statement last month.

Wiener must not have read the bill he sponsored, Are we surprised he is lying?

The law states that if provisions are violated, the violator could be punished by a fine “not to exceed one thousand dollars” or “by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year,” or both.

edit on 9-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a fricken year wth! many people said it years and years ago when this crap all started that wed end up in a place like this and morons disagreed yet here we stand. what i hate is people will end up being punished for this right up until someone finally has enough and spends tens of thousands of dollars or more taking this through the court system

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
When a person goes mad, they go mad slowly and don't know it. I truly feel this is what is happening with world leaders or anyone in leadership positions that are elected, these days. I also think they are eating too much Chinese food. Ever feel buzzed after eating at a popular Chinese restaurant. I get a little buzzed even in this country after going to one.
edit on 1000000002322017-10-09T21:32:02-05:00320210pm9 by musicismagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Are you talking about Nancy Pelosi?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

It is possible that I've noticed a sign of insanity escaping from her public shadow when talking to the public.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

personally i believe jerry is in the same boat. watch him at public events. he regularly seems to just space out and stare off into space. its the same look u see in your loved ones eyes as they are getting older and arent quite there anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Suprise , suprise..

Conservatives pretending a democratic policy will do something it couldn’t possibly do...

That isn’t at all like “they are comming to get your guns!!” Or “shiria law is comming to America”...

Lol... how do y’all constantly fall for the same tired tactics??!?

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

I remember a seat belt law that would never-ever be used as a primary reason for a police stop. Guess what you can get pulled over for? Not wearing a seat belt.

This law will be used to jail people. If that tool is in the legal tool box, it will be used.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Did you read the bill? Can you name the bill?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

a reply to: JoshuaCox

I remember a seat belt law that would never-ever be used as a primary reason for a police stop. Guess what you can get pulled over for? Not wearing a seat belt.

This law will be used to jail people. If that tool is in the legal tool box, it will be used.

the part that worries me is how does one prove such a thing. is it just a he said versus she said type of thing? i have family that works in care facilities and some of those people are outright crazy. partly due to age and sometimes due to the drugs they are on. my grandmother believed all kinds of crazy fairytales that just werent true about the workers at her facility and it was due to her mind going. how many people could be wrongly accused and punished. the thing that irks me the most is that we all have the ability to go change our name if we please so why dont we make it a mandatory requirement for people to alter theirs when they decided to have a sex change. then the paperwork would all be correct in the care facility and it would practically be impossible to screw up unless purposely done so. my guess, govt is lazy as hell and theyd love to have another source of income from fines and court fees

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Use the wrong pronoun toward a person who files a complaint and you could end up in jail or fined.

California health care workers who “willfully and repeatedly” decline to use a senior transgender patient's “preferred name or pronouns” could face punishments ranging from a fine to jail time under a newly signed law.

www.foxnews.com... .html

Sen Scott Wiener, said no one is going to be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong pronoun. Road to hell is paved......(idiot)

The sponsor, Democratic state Sen. Scott Wiener, has argued adamantly that nobody is going to be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong pronoun.

“It’s just more scare tactics by people who oppose all LGBT civil rights and protections,” he said in a statement last month.

The law states that if provisions are violated, the violator could be punished by a fine “not to exceed one thousand dollars” or “by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year,” or both.

And don't forget they are thinking it is okay to give people HIV now. It is no longer a felony. I really hope those lawmakers don't have any aspirations to run for a federal seat.

What I really hope for is that those same law makers vote for Cali's succession from the states.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

personally i believe jerry is in the same boat. watch him at public events. he regularly seems to just space out and stare off into space. its the same look u see in your loved ones eyes as they are getting older and arent quite there anymore.

You could be correct, deer in the headlights is the way some of these politicians look.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Did you read the bill? Can you name the bill?

im curious but have you yourself? if so you should find the first couple paragraphs worrying as hell. without proof of such studies, statistics, and the manner they were carried out in you have no way of knowing if what they are saying is even fact or just pure bs

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Didn't check your link. I would love it if you had a more unbiased source than FOX to explain this to us. So, I'll wait for an alternative source.

It appears to me to some kind of "Senior Citizen" protection, perhaps against elder abuse/bullying, or "gang-stalking" types of behavior to disenfranchise a senior to take away their $$$ by making them look irrational and crazy, because of their transgender status?

Read this chilling article from The New Yorker
How the Elderly Lose Their Rights

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

www.foxnews.com... .html

And don't forget they are thinking it is okay to give people HIV now. It is no longer a felony. I really hope those lawmakers don't have any aspirations to run for a federal seat.

What I really hope for is that those same law makers vote for Cali's succession from the states.

good luck with that. even after a decade they couldnt get 100k people to sign the proposal for that which btw was created by a guy who lives in russia, is married to a russian woman, works for companies whos sole goal is to push for succession in western countries, and this is a guy working with our politicians. kinda makes u wonder why they wanted to make it legal to claim to be a communist if u work in govt in california again

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

www.foxnews.com... .html

I just read this and 'could have' fallen out of my chair but then I saw it was California and it didn't surprise me. Man.. those people will make laws for just existing. What are they smoking over there? Those guys really need to have their government piss tested. I think the fires in NAPA are burning something other than forest.

edit on 9-10-2017 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Didn't check your link. I would love it if you had a more unbiased source than FOX to explain this to us. So, I'll wait for an alternative source.

It appears to me to some kind of "Senior Citizen" protection, perhaps against elder abuse/bullying, or "gang-stalking" types of behavior to disenfranchise a senior to take away their $$$ by making them look irrational and crazy, because of their transgender status?

Read this chilling article from The New Yorker
How the Elderly Lose Their Rights

in regards to the bolded. that unbiased news source doesnt exist. your gonna have to sift the chaff from the fodder. better yet go read the bill SB-219
edit on 9-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

Senate Bill No.219
edit on 9-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Don't you love this kind of.... yeah... that.

Seriously? Don't you think if it's on FOX it'll be somewhere else? You guys really lothe anything that comes from a seemingly "REPUBLICAN" news source. Bet you'd believe it if it were CNN, right?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Abuse in the rest homes is not limited to trans people.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

It doesn't name it in the article either but I'm assuming it's California SB 219. You can view the text here.

It doesn't mention punishments anywhere in the bill so I assume they are already laid out somewhere in the California Health and Safety Code.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join