It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California law allows jail time for using wrong gender pronoun, sponsor denies

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: 3daysgone

originally posted by: seasonal
Use the wrong pronoun toward a person who files a complaint and you could end up in jail or fined.

California health care workers who “willfully and repeatedly” decline to use a senior transgender patient's “preferred name or pronouns” could face punishments ranging from a fine to jail time under a newly signed law.

California Gov. Jerry Brown signed the legislation last week.
www.foxnews.com... .html

Sen Scott Wiener, said no one is going to be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong pronoun. Road to hell is paved......(idiot)

The sponsor, Democratic state Sen. Scott Wiener, has argued adamantly that nobody is going to be criminally prosecuted for using the wrong pronoun.

“It’s just more scare tactics by people who oppose all LGBT civil rights and protections,” he said in a statement last month.

Wiener must not have read the bill he sponsored, Are we surprised he is lying?

The law states that if provisions are violated, the violator could be punished by a fine “not to exceed one thousand dollars” or “by imprisonment in the county jail for a period not to exceed one year,” or both.

And don't forget they are thinking it is okay to give people HIV now. It is no longer a felony. I really hope those lawmakers don't have any aspirations to run for a federal seat.

What I really hope for is that those same law makers vote for Cali's succession from the states.

good luck with that. even after a decade they couldnt get 100k people to sign the proposal for that which btw was created by a guy who lives in russia, is married to a russian woman, works for companies whos sole goal is to push for succession in western countries, and this is a guy working with our politicians. kinda makes u wonder why they wanted to make it legal to claim to be a communist if u work in govt in california again

So you believe that the democratic leaders in Cali are working with Russia?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

a reply to: windword

Abuse in the rest homes is not limited to trans people.

You couldn't have possibly even skimmed that article, let alone grasped its warning!

It's not about rest homes. It's about undermining a person's dignity and sanity, on purpose, in order to take their $$$

If a nurse mocks a patient continually, that's abuse. Clear and simple. The elderly need protection from bullying, regardless if they're in a rest home or their own home, or at a hospital!

edit on 9-10-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Martin Smith has decided he is now Mary Smith even though he still has all his stuff and he still has the XY chromosomes.

You are to go deaf, blind, and dumb and you WILL play along with the fantastical belief that Martin has miraculously turned into Mary simply because he says so, has donned a dress, is feeling oh so feminine, and put some fake eyelashes on.

YOU are the one that is required to embrace the lie and retell the lie and if you don't, you can be fined or sent to jail.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Patient abuse is already illegal.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Show me I'm wrong, and cite where this Bill says this isn't about protecting seniors from elder abuse?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It doesn't name it in the article either but I'm assuming it's California SB 219. You can view the text here.

It doesn't mention punishments anywhere in the bill so I assume they are already laid out somewhere in the California Health and Safety Code.

its because there is already existing law that punishes them if they violate things like this. all this does is give lgbt/transgender/etc an extra tool to claim victimhood. check under "LEGISLATIVE COUNSEL'S DIGEST" at the top

this is one part that scares me though under the lgbt care facility bill of rights (cause i guess our original bill of rights isnt good enough and doesnt already overlap....)

"(b) “Gender identity” means a person’s identity based on the individual’s stated gender identity, without regard to whether the self-identified gender accords with the individual’s physical appearance, surgical history, genitalia, legal sex, sex assigned at birth, or name and sex, as it appears in medical records, and without regard to any contrary statement by any other person, including a family member, conservator, or legal representative. An individual who lacks the present ability to communicate his or her gender identity shall retain the gender identity most recently expressed by that individual."

so in some cases people are not in their right mind, they need care and special treatment for their condition. so would if someone throughout their life has shown certain mental conditions and needs psychiatric help for their condition. does the psychologist have to entertain their fantasies which ultimately hurts the persons recovery or will they be punished? just to be clear im not saying lgbt people have a mental illness and need to be cured. im talking specific cases where people do have mental illness and it is manifested in interesting and unpredictable ways.

ultimately i just see this as a redundant law that targets a group for special treatment and gives them the ability to claim victimhood and the rewards that can come with it.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Martin Smith has decided he is now Mary Smith even though he still has all his stuff and he still has the XY chromosomes.

You are to go deaf, blind, and dumb and you WILL play along with the fantastical belief that Martin has miraculously turned into Mary simply because he says so, has donned a dress, is feeling oh so feminine, and put some fake eyelashes on.

YOU are the one that is required to embrace the lie and retell the lie and if you don't, you can be fined or sent to jail.

No kidding.
Just another reason, in a very long list of reasons to stay the hell away from California.

link   
a reply to: queenofswords

It'll be even nuttier when "Mary" is there being treated for prostate cancer.

link   

Patient abuse is already illegal.

Physical abuse, you mean?

Show me the law that outlines how taunting and mocking a transgender senior is illegal, please. Oh, perhaps you just did, at least for Californians.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
You know, in the declining days of the Roman Empire the peers all seemed to go insane too.

They've blamed inbreeding and then they decided that they all must have lead poisoning from the wine they drank and the water running through lead pipes.

Wonder what our current crop's excuse is?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Show me I'm wrong, and cite where this Bill says this isn't about protecting seniors from elder abuse?

im curious but whats that have to do with this at all? we allready have laws in place to prevent this sort of thing. so id ask you, what is it you think this law actually does which isnt allready covered under existing laws and our constitution? the only thing i really see is it puts everyone at risk in california who gets a blood transfusion.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You know, in the declining days of the Roman Empire the peers all seemed to go insane too.

They've blamed inbreeding and then they decided that they all must have lead poisoning from the wine they drank and the water running through lead pipes.

Wonder what our current crop's excuse is?

gmo foods lol

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

You sure this isn’t just conservatives pretending like people are going to jail when they are not???

Whenever you hear about something that just sounds to crazy to be true, it likely is..

I mean come on....

Transgrenders can’t chose their own bathroom, but if you call a he a she it carries jail time.....

You can call a black person a N on TV with no criminal charges.. but call a transgender by their birth pronoun and....

It’s ridiculous...

I don’t know how people fall for such obvious garbage in the first place...
edit on 9-10-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well I'm done with this planet, get me the fork out of here!!

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: musicismagic

You sure this isn’t just conservatives pretending like people are going to jail when they are not???

Whenever you hear about something that just sounds to crazy to be true, it likely is..

I mean come on....

Transgrenders can’t chose their own bathroom, but if you call a he a she it carries jail time.....

You can call a black person a N on TV with no criminal charges.. but call a transgender by their birth pronoun and....

It’s ridiculous...

I don’t know how people fall for such obvious garbage in the first place...

unfortunately in california whats up is down, whats black is white, and whats purple is shnozeberries. weve had a guy going around for decades suing companies who dont fully comply with ADA laws. well guess what, there is actually no way to fully comply with our ADA laws. its a huge racket and this guy has put tons of people out of business. tried to hit up my shops landlord instead of paying the settlement the guy offers to just go away and not sue he spent the 85 grand to come up to compliance, which he just got hit again now 2 years later cause the laws have changed. its crazy in california. btw the part thats hilarious is now our parking lot looks like a rallycross course with huge jumps to level areas for people in wheelchairs and on top of that the hill from these parking spots rolls straight into a main 4 lane street with 45mph traffic. one guy allready rolled his car through the street after forgetting to put it in park.
edit on 9-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Bullying laws....

Stalking laws..

Harassment laws..

Then Civil suit wise you can sue for ANYTHING..

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

This is referring to senior citizens who are patients in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Did you miss that part? Do you think it is acceptable for nursing staff to deliberately disrespect an elderly patient in that way? Would you be OK with your grandma in a nursing home, likely already depressed, confused and afraid, where the people you're paying to care for her refuse to address her as a woman and instead humiliate her by male identifiers, even though she repeatedly tells them she isn't a man? Because that's what they're talking about here.

Elder abuse is a real and serious problem, and one of the most insidious forms of it is psychological abuse. Why? Because it leaves no visible marks, it is difficult to prove unless the person is caught doing it...and it is a fact that most people do not take elder patient complaints seriously until it escalates to violence.

My father died at 81 from complications of Alzheimer's, and he was placed in a nursing facility. He was helpless, utterly and completely. And if I had ever found out that he had been subjected to humiliation or deliberate disrespect due to someone else's personal bias or belief system for even one nanosecond while he was in there, the people responsible and those who did nothing to stop it would have been in jail. Because elder abuse is illegal and has been for a very long time, and it carries a much harsher penalty.

So actually, they're doing these people a favor. When they get their sorry ass out of jail, they'll still be able to keep their nursing license.

I think this ridiculous pronoun garbage is as stupid as anyone else does. But you're spinning this in a way that is very different from what is actually being brought to bear here.

I would like to think very much that most people would not be OK with elderly people who are often completely dependent upon the people entrusted with their care to be treated spitefully like that simply because they want to retain at least some semblance of dignity. I have seen some horrific things happen to old people in homes, but the psychological intimidation and abuse is the most damaging of all of them. And it is rampant. Willfully mistreating a person who cannot defend themselves is wrong. Period. There is no justifying that. Ever.

I probably won't be back, because this just absolutely sickens me. But hopefully some of you will read this and stop and think before you cheer on the idea of anyone doing this to an elderly patient, because people who would do things like that won't stop at just picking on a transgender grandma. There's only one kind of person who would think that is acceptable behavior from licensed healthcare professionals. And they don't discriminate with their victims.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

im curious but whats that have to do with this at all?

The OP quoted/cited, that this rule is directed at SENIOR transgender patients. SENIOR, is the operative word that we should be concerned about.

And then there's the "willful, continual and constant" part, which reveals intentional bullying.

That leads me to believe that this part of the Bill is about senior/elderly protections. They ARE an extremely vulnerable population.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

They would be. It says so in the Bill this amends current sections of existing code and all infractions already in that section of code are not changed but stay as they currently are.

The other thing here is that the transgender person gets all the power to decide who they will room with.

So if "Mary" above demands to be roomed with women, then "Mary" will be in with a woman no matter what the woman in question feels about it. I understand this is to make "Mary" feel like "Mary" isn't being discriminated against, but whatever happened to worrying about how Doris feels about the whole thing?

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

This is referring to senior citizens who are patients in hospitals and skilled nursing facilities. Did you miss that part? Do you think it is acceptable for nursing staff to deliberately disrespect an elderly patient in that way? Would you be OK with your grandma in a nursing home, likely already depressed, confused and afraid, where the people you're paying to care for her refuse to address her as a woman and instead humiliate her by male identifiers, even though she repeatedly tells them she isn't a man? Because that's what they're talking about here.

Elder abuse is a real and serious problem, and one of the most insidious forms of it is psychological abuse. Why? Because it leaves no visible marks, it is difficult to prove unless the person is caught doing it...and it is a fact that most people do not take elder patient complaints seriously until it escalates to violence.

My father died at 81 from complications of Alzheimer's, and he was placed in a nursing facility. He was helpless, utterly and completely. And if I had ever found out that he had been subjected to humiliation or deliberate disrespect due to someone else's personal bias or belief system for even one nanosecond while he was in there, the people responsible and those who did nothing to stop it would have been in jail. Because elder abuse is illegal and has been for a very long time, and it carries a much harsher penalty.

So actually, they're doing these people a favor. When they get their sorry ass out of jail, they'll still be able to keep their nursing license.

I think this ridiculous pronoun garbage is as stupid as anyone else does. But you're spinning this in a way that is very different from what is actually being brought to bear here.

I would like to think very much that most people would not be OK with elderly people who are often completely dependent upon the people entrusted with their care to be treated spitefully like that simply because they want to retain at least some semblance of dignity. I have seen some horrific things happen to old people in homes, but the psychological intimidation and abuse is the most damaging of all of them. And it is rampant. Willfully mistreating a person who cannot defend themselves is wrong. Period. There is no justifying that. Ever.

I probably won't be back, because this just absolutely sickens me. But hopefully some of you will read this and stop and think before you cheer on the idea of anyone doing this to an elderly patient, because people who would do things like that won't stop at just picking on a transgender grandma. There's only one kind of person who would think that is acceptable behavior from licensed healthcare professionals. And they don't discriminate with their victims.

All abuse is never an OK thing.
Scolding mood tonight?

No one has cheered abuse.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join