It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mandalay Bay shooting...what we experienced images and video...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

I'm puzzled by something...you said you were still hearing shots after 12:30, right? I just read the timeline released by Vegas PD and it said the subject fired his last shots at 2215, per his own body cam...I guess he thought to film himself in addition to all his other acrobatics. They announced he was down at 2227.

So...what exactly were those latter shots you heard after midnight? Who were they shooting at if the guy was already down two hours prior? Maybe I'm missing something but that doesn't seem to add up.

I can reluctantly explain away them having you hiding behind a motel with weapons pointed at you for that long by simply figuring they had not got the info that no other suspects were at large. But who were those shots you heard being fired at? Am I somehow misreading your timeline?

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I just jumped into this so I don't mean to change your subject and if someone has brought this up I haven't seen it but, if the door was ajar, why the need to breach it, especially after he just pumped 200 rounds through it? Did he then close it and lock it after reducing it to splinters? Or were one of the two breaches of the stairwell door? So many things tonight at the sheriff's presser don't add up. He also said 'suspects' as well. This dude was so secretive, Im thinking Freemason.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Thank you, seriously, for taking the time to write this. It really put me there, in the vicinity, as a regular person lucky enough to be so close and to have survived. God bless you both and Viva Las Vegas.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I think this photo might be kinda important because you can see only one of the two windows had been broken at this point.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Yeah I don't see why this is too far-fetched. He could have had 2 rifles staged on bi-pods, unloaded one, moved to the other room/window that was loaded and fired that. Then, rinse and repeat.

Two different calibers, different sides of the building would sound quite different.

I know I often am in areas where something sounds like it is on my right but, in fact, the sound is coming from my left but is distorted by the way it bounces off of objects.

edit on 5-10-2017 by keys2heaven because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Thank you for sharing your experience in such detail. It is quite informative and insightful.

If I may ask a personal question - I know this is a sensitive subject - but what was your general view on gun control before the event and did it change?

I ask this because in another discussion I told another member that it is easy for us - far away and unaffected by the events - to give an opinion on the matter of gun control and shootings. In my opinion someone who was directly involved in a shooting will have a different take on the matter than someone that was not.

Thanks. And best of luck processing all of it.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Unbelievable. Not that you were right there, that you were right there right below were the still active shooter was.

Heres some video from right around there showing the shooter in the window. Look close maybe you'll see yourself.

Oh, never mind, removed by user.

Heres anther perspective from someone in a room right below the shooter.

story

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Gaspode

If I may ask a personal question - I know this is a sensitive subject - but what was your general view on gun control before the event and did it change?

I ask this because in another discussion I told another member that it is easy for us - far away and unaffected by the events - to give an opinion on the matter of gun control and shootings. In my opinion someone who was directly involved in a shooting will have a different take on the matter than someone that was not.

Butting in...

I bet twenty thousand people wished someone, anyone had a rifle to fire back and provide cover so they could escape the kill zone. Sadly the security at the venue was sooo tight, and the shooter probably knew that.

In an earlier video (since removed), the shooter can clearly be seen and filmed standing in the shot out window, from directly below on the street.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Geez! that is amazing glad your safe, 1 you were there at the same hotel and 2 to be right under where he was just shooting from and you were oblivious.

Buy yourself a scatchy!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: chris_stibrany

originally posted by: Salander
Thanks for your story, and thanks for that map/picture of Mandalay Bay. It dwarfs all other buildings with the pyramid Luxor being second. That fact somewhat neutralizes the explanation offered of echoes for the sounds of the gunshots. Nothing to echo off of.

Incorrect, sound waves especially at the volume of a gunshot, do not ever just go straight, they go in an arc, the sound waves can arc down and bounce off various buildings below and besides the structure. Like a parabola shape. Draw a large parabola from the window on the upper floors and you can see it has possibility of echoing off the other wing/building of the Mandalay hotel as well as the ground etc

Thanks, I understand. I never said sound waves travel in a straight line, and am familiar with the Doppler effect and other sound phenomena. My poorly put point was that unlike the concrete canyons of NYC or other big cities, Mandalay Bay is surrounded very much by relatively open spaces.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

If you know what MKUltra is I thought these were interesting following the Keyhole, but are not my photos, I had meant to get photos of all the Butterflies on the walls in every hall later on during our trip that was cut short...

Also 23 weapons on 32nd floor.
23 32
23 (keyhole) mirror 32

Looking glass is another word for mirror. Through the looking glass and down the rabbit hole...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
What an incredible story OP! I could not imagine what you and your wife were going thru but so glad to hear you are safe and uninjured. You put this together very well. I felt like I was there. I pray for your mind to heal as I can't imagine the toll this had you guys.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

I'm puzzled by something...you said you were still hearing shots after 12:30, right? I just read the timeline released by Vegas PD and it said the subject fired his last shots at 2215, per his own body cam...I guess he thought to film himself in addition to all his other acrobatics. They announced he was down at 2227.

So...what exactly were those latter shots you heard after midnight? Who were they shooting at if the guy was already down two hours prior? Maybe I'm missing something but that doesn't seem to add up.

I can reluctantly explain away them having you hiding behind a motel with weapons pointed at you for that long by simply figuring they had not got the info that no other suspects were at large. But who were those shots you heard being fired at? Am I somehow misreading your timeline?

I know one of the loud booms was I believe them blowing the door off his room. Later I cannot tell you and no you are not misreading the timeline these shots as near as I could tell took place after the shooter was dead and before 1am but again any noise was loud as the strip other than an occasional cop car or the helicopters would split the silence.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

It is one reason I posted it. The Mainstream media didn't really care other than my local news...

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: keys2heaven

Yeah I don't see why this is too far-fetched. He could have had 2 rifles staged on bi-pods, unloaded one, moved to the other room/window that was loaded and fired that. Then, rinse and repeat.

Two different calibers, different sides of the building would sound quite different.

I know I often am in areas where something sounds like it is on my right but, in fact, the sound is coming from my left but is distorted by the way it bounces off of objects.

As far as I know that is EXACTLY what he had done and why it sound so different each time. Different calibers different sides of the buildings.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gaspode

Thank you for sharing your experience in such detail. It is quite informative and insightful.

Thanks. And best of luck processing all of it.

Gun control is not the problem and here is what I see now...They will not take our guns away right now they will however continue restrict even further our freedoms with baggage checks at hotels and further. Mental health is the problem and no treatment in this country. If a millionaire wants a gun he could get one if there Gun Ban. This guy is not a terrorist he is a murderer.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Unbelievable. Not that you were right there, that you were right there right below were the still active shooter was.

Heres some video from right around there showing the shooter in the window. Look close maybe you'll see yourself.

Oh, never mind, removed by user.

Heres anther perspective from someone in a room right below the shooter.

story

I REALLY REALLY WANT TO SEE THAT VIDEO! Because I have some theories of my own!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

This story just sends chills down my spine. Hearing someone's first hand account and seeing actual photos taken during the whole even really brings it home.

You did a great job of painting the picture of that night and I want to thank you for removing some of the numbness that was beginning to set in.

I am so glad you and your fiance are safe and sound. You two have definitely survived a horrible crisis.

To quote a legendary song: "What the world needs now, is love, sweet love"

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777

Geez! that is amazing glad your safe, 1 you were there at the same hotel and 2 to be right under where he was just shooting from and you were oblivious.

Buy yourself a scatchy!

We were also booked 2 floors below...I am still processing.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm really glad you were oblivious to much of it though. You shouldn't have symptoms of PTSD like so many of the others will for weeks and months to come.

Thanks for sharing your story with us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join