It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   
MODS PLEASE PULL OUT THE BAN HAMMER WE NEED ORDER IN THIS THREAD, WE ALL HAVE FAMILY, FRIENDS IN LV

link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: ARM1968

For all those who died, your blood is on the hands of everyone of your countrymen who support the right to carry arms.

I'm pretty sure the the guns used here were probably illegal..
and most of us in the US support the right to carry guns of one kind of another...
it's just how far we should go when it comes to those guns that are for military purposes than they are for hunting purposes.
but, it's quite unfair to say that we all have blood on our hands.
and if you took the guns away from everyone, the crazies would just find another way to kill. when it comes to killing it seems that people have no problem finding new and more effective ways to do it.

this is what?? the third attack in the past three or so day, and I believe they may have all been on the No. American Continent, although I could be wrong about one of them????

YES the crazies WOULD find a way, but it would be so much harder for them. A nut with a knife is not going to kill 50+ people at a concert.

I am always amazed that those of us who see the sickness you cling to as wrong are immediately cast as haters or deluded. Come on. How many, this year alone, have been killed by firearms in the USA. It’s thousands. Is that a price you continually wish to pay?

see this is a common misconception. it is not hard to find a vast majority of ways to kill a large amount of people in the blink of an eye or very subtly without anyone even noticing until its too late. if a person is willing to die to carry out horrific acts like this, a whole slew of options become available. just imagine if he had made himself an explosive vest and blew himself up at the event. could have easily killed and injured just as many people. the act is just the sympton of a deeper rooted problem

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Are all Muslims responsible for acts of terrorism in the name of Islam?
Are all Christians responsible for the deaths during the Inquisitions?
Are all non Jews responsible for the Holocaust?
Are all UK citizens responsible for all the deaths by knives in the UK?

The answer is they are not.

Just as all gun owners cant be held responsible for acts committed by a criminal in possession of a firearm.

link   
a reply to: neutronflux

Then outline how mass shooting are not terrorism? Are you saying terrorists are more sane? Or mass shooting are not motivated for desired results?

ter·ror·ism [ˈterəˌrizəm] NOUN the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

so far there has been no claim of a political motivation

edit on 2-10-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Flavian

America's #ed mate. You have to be a blind nationalist not to see it.

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: neutronflux

It can get worse....

And has nothing to do with gun regulations.

How many people are killed by terrorist attacks in the UK?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Fly you FOOL. How many dead in USA this year alone to gun crime? Answer that and then gurn some.

In 2015, France saw its worst ever attack in Paris when nine terrorists killed 130 people at multiple locations across the capital.

And France has a gun ban...

link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Spider879
Pls tell me/us when it's not too fking early to address the issue of weapons of small destruction..

That depends. How are things in Japan ?

No mass killings since that poisoned gas incident yrs ago, certainly none involving weapons of small destruction.

link   
Can we save the gun debate for another day and stick to the ins and outs of this event when I went to bed it was 2 dead now its God only knows how many not so long ago I stayed at the Luxor this one rings home I think a new category of violence is now with us.

link   
It's so sad to think that once again the NRA will be unjustly thrust into the spotlight for this. Their vigilant crusade to stop any sensible gun legislation will again bring them unfair scrutiny. After all, they are doing their best to make sure that more than 30,000 Americans die this year from gunfire. Please help them in their quest. PRAY FOR THE NRA!

link   

You are making comparison you don’t understand. Violence as a whole is treated very differently in Europe. Where violence and personal assaults in the USA are more tolerated.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else noticing how people seem to be confusing mass shootings and terrorism.

Sure in other countries terrorism remains a problem, just look at what the UK has had to put up with this year.

But almost 20 years ago we basically went gun-grabbing, and now not had a single mass shooting event that has been on the kind of scale we see so often in the States. In fact America probably has the worst record for this kind of stuff happening and its just stupid to try to pretend widespread gunownershipr is not part of the problem.

I think trying to equate acts of terror with acts of mass shooting is nonsensical because they are two different issues.

anyone else notice how the bodies arent even cold and the ahole enlightened show up like vultures to tell everyone how superior they are?

As far as I can see nobody has turned up to this thread yet claiming to be enlighten or superior.

I can only imagine that you must think that there are people posting who you see as enlightened or superior to you and that is why you feel this way.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Enough with the insults!

Those who insist on posting personal insults will have their posting rights removed.

Do not reply to this post.

link   

originally posted by: Flavian
Thoughts and condolences to the victims.

As an aside, every time there is a terror attack in Europe, we have our American ATS brethren telling us "Europe is lost". After another mass shooting, does the same apply to America?

Or will (hopefully) people start to realise it is actually a completely asinine thing to say..........

i think many of those people would actually feel the exact same way about this event. its more a timeline thing and they feel as a whole europe is further along the path, this will bring it one step closer in relation and hopefully theres a fork in that road somewhere up ahead for everyones sake
edit on 2-10-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Bluesma
A gaming buddy I know left a message on discord saying he's okay. He lives in Vegas. At first I didn't know what he was talking about but knew I'd find something on ATS. I guess this was it. People just need to settle down and stop killing each other.

link   
a reply to: Spider879

Yet, Japan has twice the suicide rate of the average industrial nation. Again, comes down to culture.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I watched the video a few post back.
That was not an AR15 semi auto rifle.
That was a full auto weapon.
He did not purchase that at the corner sporting goods store.
Can't wait to hear what the police say the weapons are. Will they tell the truth?

can you fire an uzi from that distance of the hotel??

I'm no expert on guns but if it's just some random guy swinging an uzi about??

Or is the distance too far?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: dawnstar

For all those who died, your blood is on the hands of everyone of your countrymen who support the right to carry arms.

I'm pretty sure the the guns used here were probably illegal..
and most of us in the US support the right to carry guns of one kind of another...
it's just how far we should go when it comes to those guns that are for military purposes than they are for hunting purposes.
but, it's quite unfair to say that we all have blood on our hands.
and if you took the guns away from everyone, the crazies would just find another way to kill. when it comes to killing it seems that people have no problem finding new and more effective ways to do it.

this is what?? the third attack in the past three or so day, and I believe they may have all been on the No. American Continent, although I could be wrong about one of them????

YES the crazies WOULD find a way, but it would be so much harder for them. A nut with a knife is not going to kill 50+ people at a concert.

I am always amazed that those of us who see the sickness you cling to as wrong are immediately cast as haters or deluded. Come on. How many, this year alone, have been killed by firearms in the USA. It’s thousands. Is that a price you continually wish to pay?

see this is a common misconception. it is not hard to find a vast majority of ways to kill a large amount of people in the blink of an eye or very subtly without anyone even noticing until its too late. if a person is willing to die to carry out horrific acts like this, a whole slew of options become available. just imagine if he had made himself an explosive vest and blew himself up at the event. could have easily killed and injured just as many people. the act is just the sympton of a deeper rooted problem

Yeah mate. Very cerebral. How often does that actually happen? To you and ALL your right to carry brothers and sisters, how many have died in the USA as a result of firearms so far this year. Look at the numbers and then we can talk.

link   

originally posted by: BlackSkinhead
a reply to: Xcathdra

What a joke of a defence to own a gun.

America again always finding stupid ways to protect their guns over the lives of the public.

Clearly the current system doesn't work.

The ban of firearms in the UK and Australia has worked, research it you self.

Don't come back with the stupid argument of how cars should be banned too. Pretty big difference there mate

How many people have been killed in the UK in the last 10 years by firearms?

Apparently your gun control laws dont work either.

Again until you understand the purpose of our 2nd amendment and acknowledge the fact that its existence is due to the British Monarchy then it wont make sense to you.

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Are all Muslims responsible for acts of terrorism in the name of Islam?
Are all Christians responsible for the deaths during the Inquisitions?
Are all non Jews responsible for the Holocaust?
Are all UK citizens responsible for all the deaths by knives in the UK?

The answer is they are not.

Just as all gun owners cant be held responsible for acts committed by a criminal in possession of a firearm.

But all the guns are to blame.

Ffs how blind to the problem are people.

Yes you will still have made killings but at least try and do something about it

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

100% agree with you.

Guns are only one small part of the problem, I have no problem with gun ownership, sure I think there should be certain restrictions put in place, mostly I think there should be much stricter background checks and all the rest of it.

But when it comes down to it, the gun was only the tool used to kill these people.

You cannot blame everyone who owns a gun for this, most Americans own a gun with out committing these kinds of acts so to blame it just on gun ownership would be stupid.

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join