It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Mesquite is a city in Clark County, Nevada, United States, adjacent to the Arizona state line and 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas on Interstate 15. As of 2015, the United States Census estimates that the city had a population of 17,496.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ARM1968

originally posted by: dreamingawake

a reply to: Xcathdra

A passport and a sh!t load of weaponry and ammo. Usual check in there in the US of A?

Have the NRA come out yet and said that if all the concert goers were armed with AR’s they could have taken him out?

For all those who died, your blood is on the hands of everyone of your countrymen who support the right to carry arms.

How many mass shootings in the UK? How many anywhere else where gun control is rigorously enforced. Yes you get the odd incident, but nothing like this. This is a sickness at the heart of the USA that YOU must all address.

So, the victims who died, some may have supported the right to carry, their own blood is on their hands?

Really? Leave the BS out of this right now. For shame.

Whatever. This will keep happening because none of you have the balls to stop it.

Well, in this case, we don't even know yet whether this was a civilian-legal firearm. Civilian fully automatic rifles haven't been produced for sale since 1986. They're rare, heavily regulated and very expensive. The owners tend to be rich, white collar types who are extremely unlikely to do something like this. Given that, I'd guess that there's a good chance that this weapon was actually stolen from the military at some point in its life and if that's the case, it has nothing at all to do with US gun laws.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I have been having an argument with myself since early this morning...

Should I say it?

"I'll never understand why that country just allows this to happen and is fine with it...."
or

"Another obvious example of why they shouldn't be waving in immigrants ....."

or

"Of course this wouldn't have happened if the people in that crowd had been armed.
.."

It's not cool to say such things, but just pointing out how inappropriate and false they are when they get said in response to such events in Europe.

edit on 2-10-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Then outline how mass shooting are not terrorism? Are you saying terrorists are more sane? Or mass shooting are not motivated for desired results?

link   

originally posted by: neutronflux
a reply to: ARM1968

It can get worse....

And has nothing to do with gun regulations.

How many people are killed by terrorist attacks in the UK?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

In 2015, France saw its worst ever attack in Paris when nine terrorists killed 130 people at multiple locations across the capital.

And France has a gun ban...

link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

a reply to: UKTruth

Terrorist attacks are one thing. This is entirely different. Trying to equate the two is misguided.

Would you like to tot up how many killed by such actions in the uk this year compared to say, oh, how many have died from gun crime in say Chicago alone.

If citizens don’t do the right thing and persistently cling to stupidity, this will happen again and again - which, of course, it will.

since we dont know why this person did this we cant discount terrorism as a cause.

In every single mass shooting that i listed all occurred in gun free zones.

If the UK gun laws are so good why do you guys have armed police? Northern Ireland police are all armed and have been for decades. The units that protect the Queen are armed.

Same argument for Australia.

If someone wants to break the law, laws restricting gun ownership or where they can carry them / where they can use them wont matter now will they?

Sine the last 2 terror attacks in the UK relied on motor vehicles should they be banned as well?

just to clue you in our 2nd amendment is designed to protect the citizens from the government.

How many mass shootings in either? Engage your brain.

You are wrong, go away.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

According to Las Vegas Metropolitan Police, Marilou Danley is “no longer a person of interest – police do not believe she was involved in the incident.”

The gunman has been identified as 64-year-old Stephen Paddock.

Authorities are raiding the killer's home in Mesquite, Nevada - less than 100 miles from Las Vegas.

and more
Link

Apparently she wasn't involved. Wonder who the woman at the concert was right before the shooting or if it was even related.
edit on 10/2/17 by Gaspode because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Pls tell me/us when it's not too fking early to address the issue of weapons of small destruction..

That depends. How are things in Japan ?

link   
What a horrible tragedy to wake up to, this is only a hundred or so miles from where I live. Lots of country music fans in our community. Probably many were there.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims, families and loved ones impacted by this horrific event.

link   
IS THERE ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS ???

OMG I MISS ATS

Just waking to this horrible news and wanted some ATS style discussion, before it hits the news intel, pictures, bio's of the shooter, etc,

AM Tortured on having to rely on msm for coverage...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
This is a good article"

Who is Stephen Paddock

link   
Thoughts and condolences to the victims.

As an aside, every time there is a terror attack in Europe, we have our American ATS brethren telling us "Europe is lost". After another mass shooting, does the same apply to America?

Or will (hopefully) people start to realise it is actually a completely asinine thing to say..........

link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

What a joke of a defence to own a gun.

America again always finding stupid ways to protect their guns over the lives of the public.

Clearly the current system doesn't work.

The ban of firearms in the UK and Australia has worked, research it you self.

Don't come back with the stupid argument of how cars should be banned too. Pretty big difference there mate

(post by ARM1968 removed for a manners violation)

link   

And the point is not terrorism. Its that criminals can and will cause mass casualties despite laws.

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
Anyone else noticing how people seem to be confusing mass shootings and terrorism.

Sure in other countries terrorism remains a problem, just look at what the UK has had to put up with this year.

But almost 20 years ago we basically went gun-grabbing, and now not had a single mass shooting event that has been on the kind of scale we see so often in the States. In fact America probably has the worst record for this kind of stuff happening and its just stupid to try to pretend widespread gunownershipr is not part of the problem.

I think trying to equate acts of terror with acts of mass shooting is nonsensical because they are two different issues.

anyone else notice how the bodies arent even cold and the ahole enlightened show up like vultures to tell everyone how superior they are?

link   
a reply to: Flavian

As far as we know this is not a terrorist attack just someone who watches Fox News everyday.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: neutronflux

Then outline how mass shooting are not terrorism? Are you saying terrorists are more sane? Or mass shooting are not motivated for desired results?

Legally they are totally different.

Thats about sums it up, I am not going to sit hear now and educate you on the legal definitions of terrorism but they differ from mass murder in a number of ways, mostly it comes down to established motivation.

you can go read up on it yourself its very interesting. I also have a Thread on it if you are interested but its a bit dated these days.

link   
a reply to: ARM1968

Oh come on! We are not riddled with guns.

link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
I watched the video a few post back.
That was not an AR15 semi auto rifle.
That was a full auto weapon.
He did not purchase that at the corner sporting goods store.
Can't wait to hear what the police say the weapons are. Will they tell the truth?

I hear he had 8 weapons and at least 500 rounds.

Surveillance from the hotel should show how many trips he made to bring it all up there.

All that stuff is heavy.

Also waiting to hear what Trump will say. You know it's coming and people won't like it.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join