It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 166
<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2
a reply to: carewemust

They need to rethink the procedure. Getting a sniper in place when gunfire is coming from a high building should be near the top of their list.

Hind sight is 20/20 vision right..
Im sure when this even is reviewed from a tactical perspective changes will be made to account for this type of scenario going forward.

link   
Also... I Thik there is alot more to the story than what we know or whatever planned.

The dude had 20+ guns.. He had Wi-Fi cameras for surveillance..

He had a car with explosives...

What was the full plan?

Because I feel like this didn't go all according to plan..

What if he did have a group of people with him.. and they were going to be on the ground with the weapoms.. and pull the car with explosives into the crowd while he shot from above?

Then maybe they wimped out when he broke the glass in the hotel room and drew attention.. then he rode solo from there
edit on 3-10-2017 by Lucidparadox because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2017 by Lucidparadox because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
I can see people mistaking Gunshots at Mandalay for shots fired at Tropicana, Luxor, MGM, Maaaaaaayyybe just Maaaaybe at Excalibur... but Bellagio?

No way that's far away.

Someone was making calls in to divert attention away from the Mandalay Bay to the officers. But why?
edit on 3-10-2017 by Diabolical1972 because: (no reason given)

link   

Good question.. Have not heard anyone ask that yet in the media. From the reports I have seen on tv I can confirm people got trampled.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

That is what I am hoping.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Damn right there is allot more to the story.. that is why I am wondering wtf the FBI is sand bagging the motive...

link   

originally posted by: bluemooone2

They need to rethink the procedure. Getting a sniper in place when gunfire is coming from a high building should be near the top of their list.
He stopped shooting 9 mins after so they would have to be really Johnny on the spot to be able to take that shot under 9 minutes

link   
Conference coming up on CNN in about 10 mins with the LV Police.

link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
Also... I Tho k there is alot more to the story than what we know or whatever planned.

The dude had 20+ guns.. He had Wi-Fi cameras for surveillance..

He had a car with explosives...

What was the full plan?

Because I feel like this didn't go all according to plan

Or, maybe it was just all by remote? Has anyone even thought of that? You see the machine guns going off by remote.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: anonfamily

I am now seeing reports that the girl friend is still a person of interest.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I personally had friends at the event, husband and wife. My friend's wife got bullet fragments in her foot. They were saying a lot of the injuries they saw were bullet fragments to the feet / lower legs. I assume it's when bullets missed and hit the ground/concrete and broke apart at their feet.

They also told me about being in an ambulance and holding hands with someone that got shot in the neck, someone that got shot in the stomach, and someone that got shot in the chest, and thinking those three didn't make it.

I think a majority of the 500 injured are just fragmentation injuries.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Liveleak.com has a pic of him dead in his hotel room. seems to be legit.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

It's interesting that you say that because one of the reports on the scanner was that people were being shot at ground-level at the back of the area when trying to get away. That's when the armored car conversation started. Never revisited. I wrote that off as confusion but...

link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

We also have a large number of off duty police and military there. Maybe they called in the other shooters.

link   

originally posted by: otissor
Liveleak.com has a pic of him dead in his hotel room. seems to be legit.

Old news but that’s legit a dead paddock

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: antibren

Damm good point.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I almost hate to ask this because - again, not that what happened wasn't awful enough - but does anybody think it's awfully lucky that only 59 people died? It seems like all concert-goers were fish in a barrel/sitting ducks. 22,000 in attendance (unless I am getting that way wrong). I am actually kind of surprised if he was just randomly spraying gunfire with intent to massacre that the death toll wasn't (but thank God it wasn't) higher?

(Note: This is not part of any conspiracy theory - I am just really surprised that number was not greater)
edit on 3-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: add sentence

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
I almost hate to ask this because - again, not that what happened wasn't awful enough - but does anybody think it's awfully lucky that only 59 people died? It seems like all concert-goers were fish in a barrel/sitting ducks. 22,000 in attendance (unless I am getting that way wrong). I am actually kind of surprised if he was just randomly spraying gunfire with intent to massacre that the death toll wasn't (but thank God it wasn't) higher?

Ive always assumed the number would rise but it stopped...
I’m curious on the deaths by shooting vs trampling

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Even though I'm a far left Liberal.. I do like guns.. I'm a rare gun supporting leftist..

I say that to preface this..

If you get shot with a 7.62 round center mass or anywhere in your main body cavity.. you're most likely toast... for a few reasons..

The bullet is larger, and the shockwave it creates when entering a target, can liquify your innards.... the bullet is SLOWER... which makes it worse, because the bullet tumbles and causes more damage Internally... and at greater distances.. where it loses alot of steam.. it hits alot more "blunt" and causes alot more trauma.

A 5.56 round is smaller, but it travels alot faster, and can go in and out of a body easily and leave a much cleaner wound as it is hypersonic. The shockwave is still pretty bad, but much less lethal IMHO.

The guy was firing both.

I bet there was higher mortality with those that got hit with the AR-10 or AK 7.62 rounds
edit on 3-10-2017 by Lucidparadox because: typo

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Well he was untrained, I mean if we settle down a little and really think about, it may have just been him spraying a AR INTO THE concert crowd I am no gun expert but a AR at 400 yards plus is not very accurate. But let's not forget to respect the dead.. allot of people got hurt still will never be the same..

top topics

<< 163  164  165    167  168  169 >>

join