It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Active Shooter Las Vegas, Mandalay Bay

page: 167
<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Press Conf going on now..

link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: nicevillegrl

Well he was untrained, I mean if we settle down a little and really think about, it may have just been him spraying a AR INTO THE concert crowd I am no gun expert but a AR at 400 yards plus is not very accurate. But let's not forget to respect the dead.. allot of people got hurt still will never be the same..

An AR is plenty accurate for that range.

Take into consideration his target was like 100 yards + wide. He's firing into a massive crowd.

Bullet drop and destabilization from automatic fire isn't going to toss his rounds out of an area the size of a football field

link   
a reply to: Bicent

Oh I TOTALLY agree. That's why I tried to disclaimer that a lot. I can't imagine the horror. Even the people that survived will likely never be the same. I was just surprised - GLAD! for sure but somewhat surprised - it wasn't even worse than it was. I feel deeply for those injured and especially, those who passed and their loved ones. Want to make sure that is clear.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Thinking about the recoil, and bullet tumbling.. but I hear ya. You prob. Know more about it than me.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Im am not sure if this has been posted yet but it seems that the killer may have left a note. www.dailystar.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Today I was seeing it claimed in here, regarding 'WTF were the cops doing that whole time', the response was it took them only 4 minutes to go and and shut him down.

Well the reports I'm seeing are 72 minutes.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Press conference now.

Paddock fired between 9 and 11 minutes, ceases at 10. 19, and police knew about it at 10.09.

Photos are real he confirms that have been released and they are investigating leaks.

Says three cameras all to see outside room.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: nicevillegrl
a reply to: Bicent

Oh I TOTALLY agree. That's why I tried to disclaimer that a lot. I can't imagine the horror. Even the people that survived will likely never be the same. I was just surprised - GLAD! for sure but somewhat surprised - it wasn't even worse than it was. I feel deeply for those injured and especially, those who passed and their loved ones. Want to make sure that is clear.

There seems to be some people that think if you get shot once you die. If you look at the FBI information regarding ballistics it breaks down the likelihood of dying from a single gunshot wound. Take a look at the numbers, you would be surprised at the survival rate. It also has a lot to do with the specific round. Ball ammo will essentially pass right through (Geneva conventions only allow ball ammo for this reason (higher survival rate)) where as hollow points disperse a lot more energy into the target. I'm on mobile so I'm not going to get super detailed but I may be able to find you the links if you're interested you can message me.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Personally still feel that someone allegedly that prepared
and armed would use at those ranges exactly what it sounds
like. An M249.
That said even if the M249 was used it will
officially be an AR with a slip stock in the press.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bicent
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Thinking about the recoil, and bullet tumbling.. but I hear ya. You prob. Know more about it than me.

Recoil on Ar platforms is essentially non existent

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
From press conference.

47 guns recovered from 3 locations, hotel and two houses.

Were purchased in 4 states, 12 bump fire stocks.

Stresses that bump stocks are legal.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Watching the presser the Feds are still not gonna tell us anything.. going over the guns and praising their speediness of responding. Thank god for the government... sorry a lil bit of a vent. If they are this hush hush, there may be more than one shooter..

Take it back local police being informative at least.
edit on 3-10-2017 by Bicent because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Live police body cams:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Showing those on TV too right now. Hard to watch...
edit on 3-10-2017 by nicevillegrl because: word added

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I can't believe you people believe this #. He brings all that ammo all that firepower into one room and even sets up cameras to know when they're coming and he "gives" up that easily. I can't believe you people believe this.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Conference continued.

Says there are a lot of body cameras with lots of footage.

Shows clip of a mashup of some of it.

First section shows cops hunkered down telling at people to flee. They don't know where shots are coming from.

Officer behind car gets shot.

Officer with vest on telling people to get down, apparently standing over a woman.

Honostly, I am surprised they released this so early, but clearly there is much more footage that would be interesting to see.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

it took them only 4 minutes to go and and shut him down.

The mayor claimed. We know that isn't true. So much for truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdemirAlagic
I can't believe you people believe this #. He brings all that ammo all that firepower into one room and even sets up cameras to know when they're coming and he "gives" up that easily. I can't believe you people believe this.

Oh well. Not everyone sees this as a conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Conference continued.

Says there are a lot of body cameras with lots of footage.

Shows clip of a mashup of some of it.

First section shows cops hunkered down telling at people to flee. They don't know where shots are coming from.

Officer behind car gets shot.

Officer with vest on telling people to get down, apparently standing over a woman.

Honostly, I am surprised they released this so early, but clearly there is much more footage that would be interesting to see.
Seemed like they were telling them to stay in the venue and not jump the fence

Edit: I would have still jumped that fence and hide behind that concrete wall they were using not the fabric festival fence
edit on 3-10-2017 by antibren because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
its all about fear.. how come these guys always leave behind "explosives" but never get used all these guns it's all to get you scared

top topics

<< 164  165  166    168  169  170 >>

join