It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Melania's Donation Racists. This is out of Control.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It's long been a habit of slamming the woman(or man in Obama's case) married to the president. Reason doesn't matter, as the previous sentence shows. It's mostly ridiculous. Maybe not so much in Clinton's case.
Trump's wife has been getting it since before his election win. Her presence just irks some and they aren't quiet. And it is pathetic. However it's gone beyond pathetic into the land of the ludicrous.

Melania gave Dr. Seuss books to a Massachusetts elementary school. No problem, right? Wrong. The librarian Liz Soeiro is calling her and Dr Seuss racist.

Soeiro spewed this out: “So, my school doesn’t have a NEED for these books. And then there’s the matter of the books themselves. You may not be aware of this, but Dr. Seuss is a bit of a cliché, a tired and worn ambassador for children’s literature.”

The librarian also added that apparently Dr. Seuss’ work is “racist”.

“Dr. Seuss’s illustrations are steeped in racist propaganda, caricatures, and harmful stereotypes,” she claimed.

www.torontosun.com...

If you didn't go, "Huh?" you haven't read Dr Seuss. It's a staple for preschool and elementary kids for generations. The books have been read to black, white, native, Spanish, etc children since the dinosaurs. Well, maybe Green Eggs and Ham is racist against aliens. @@ I got 5 of them for my grandson's first Christmas and he's getting into them now.

We aren't done. It gets worse. What's beyond "ludicrous?" That's where we're going:

Apparently the activist librarian didn’t always have these views about Dr. Seuss. In fact she was such a fan girl, in a 2015 tweet, it appears Soeiro dressed up as “The Cat in the Hat” in celebration of Dr. Seuss’ birthday.

As Becket Adams aptly noted in the Washington Examiner: “Huh. Happily dressed as a character created by an author whose work is supposedly ‘steeped in racist propaganda.’ Imagine that.”

Did she have a recent revelation? An angel came from heaven and filled her in on the workings of the Dr? No, this is just a personal stab at someone that didn't deserve to be slagged. Giving books to a school to get children interested in reading? She's a monster. It should also be noted that the school administration didn't return calls. Don't blame them. It's a no win situation. Say she's out of line and you have to deal with the teachers union. NO ONE wants to go there. Back her and you're as big a moron as she is.

The article points out:

It is worth noting that every FLOTUS since Barbara Bush has either read or promoted Dr. Seuss books to American children.

It wasn’t racist when Hillary Clinton read the books — or Laura Bush, or even Michelle Obama.

Yet somehow when it’s Melania Trump, suddenly it is?

Right. The only reason for this is that she's married to Donnie. But this creating angst where there is none is getting out of hand. This isn't the left. This isn't any group. This is a single(let's hope she is too Hate to think she's procreated) person with a personal beef directed at the wrong target. Melania seems like a person that will take it in stride. Ignore it int oblivion. Let's hope her husband will as well.

edit on 1-10-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

+21 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

The irony that she dressed as that racist scumbag The Cat in the Hat last year.

edit on 1-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Remember that apartheid promoting work ... The Sneetches? That one was terrible, especially how they all got mixed up and couldn't tell who was supposed to be superior and who was supposed to be inferior. Hmmm ... maybe I ought to rethink my rant. OK.

Remember that horrible pro-capitalist work The Sneetches? The clever carpetbagger comes to town and robs all those people who are trying to figure out which group is the bigger victim ...
edit on 1-10-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
People aren't happy any more unless they can find something to be outraged about or offended by.

It's some kind of madness.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't not like them Sam I am.

The school said it has “counseled” Phipps Soeiro on “all relevant policies, including donations policies and the policy against public resources being used for political purposes.”

“While we enthusiastically support the political engagement and passion of our employees, in this instance the editorial posted online gave the impression that the statement reflected the position or actions of the Cambridge Public Schools,” the district said. “Our school district did not authorize any such statement.”

www.bostonglobe.com... dfPJ/story.html
edit on 10/1/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

And meanwhile, many people are ignoring the fact it was Democrats that also played a role in screwing over minorities.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

When Dr. Seuss died, the Rev. Jesse Jackson appeared on the news portion of SNL and read Green Eggs and Ham. It is amazing and shows that an important civil rights leader, one that was with MLK when he was shot, didn't consider him racist.

Also, Cambridge Massachusetts is a ridiculous place. Even in liberal Massachusetts we quite often refer to it as the People's Republic of Cambridge.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
People aren't happy any more unless they can find something to be outraged about or offended by.

Yup, like it would have killed her to just say thanks and let it drop. Noop, gotta make a statement.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Another authentic SJW.

You're spot on.

Seuss is the juice.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

She may be a proud member of #TheResistance and had to represent or something.

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Is it racist to talk about 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish? The liberal opposition has lost its mind.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid
It's long been a habit of slamming the woman(or man in Obama's case) married to the president. Reason doesn't matter, as the previous sentence shows. It's mostly ridiculous. Maybe not so much in Clinton's case.
Trump's wife has been getting it since before his election win. Her presence just irks some and they aren't quiet. And it is pathetic. However it's gone beyond pathetic into the land of the ludicrous.

Melania gave Dr. Seuss books to a Massachusetts elementary school. No problem, right? Wrong. The librarian Liz Soeiro is calling her and Dr Seuss racist.

Looks like someone never watched or read anything Dr Seuss. That's the farthest from racism that I've ever understood as a child. Whoville... They always seemed to find a way to accept one another in the end. It always spoke of uniting divisions. What a load of BS from a librarian, no less. Should be laws against this kind of hatred.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Obama and Hillary let them all down horribly. The madness is worse than rabid, when you're hurt and disappointed down to your very core. It's a form of insanity looking for things to hurt, that makes them blind to the consequences (2018/2020)...or even understanding why they feel that way. Feel pity for the afflicted.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Is it racist to talk about 1 fish, 2 fish, red fish, blue fish? The liberal opposition has lost its mind.

This crap doesn't have to do with liberals.

This is one lady who really, really doesn't need to be working with kids.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Obama and Hillary let them all down horribly. The madness is worse than rabid, when you're hurt and disappointed down to your very core. It's a form of insanity looking for things to hurt, that makes them blind to the consequences (2018/2020)...or even understanding why they feel that way. Feel pity for the afflicted.

Blatta blatta Obama.

Blatta blatta Hillary.

Funny thing here ... it's only Trump sycophants that can't stop crying about Obama and Clinton.

This topic regards an actual SJW ... you know, that term you guys try to stretch over everyone left of the nosebleed seats on the right?

You should take some notes about what they actually say and do; learn something.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Worse, I think she knows perfectly well it isn't but she has to have some reason to make a scene about it.

+8 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I think trump supporters would love to forget about Obama and clinton but they just will mot go away.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
As far as I know, for the most part thus far, Mrs. Trump has been a very decent First Lady.

She didn't deserve this kind of childish stupidity directed at her.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

i don't know man, his book: Horton hears a Who-ha, left many people scratching their heads.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Another authentic SJW.

Shhhh. They're only supposed to be an urban legend.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join