It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 17

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: chelsdh

Well hello there and welcome to our lovely realm! I don't know about keeping you 'sane' in here, because we're all kinda crazy, but in a good way. LOL

It's always great to have new people join us and I'm sure you won't be disappointed. So... sit by the fire, let the pixies get you a drink and some food if you so desire and make yourself at home.

posted on Oct, 11 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
My turn to play a song.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Wow, quite a few new pages here at the shed. I have developed a habit of browsing the pages backwards when i wake up, find my own last post, and start reading from there. Now this seems to be quite a task! (but a nice task)

Actually first i thought that i have been banned from ATS and all posts removed. Second thought was that i slept for two days straight and this has to be friday morning but no, it is thursday morning. You folks have just been busy writing here. Nice!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hiya Sweetie! Yes, I think the shed went into warp speed for a while. How are you tonight?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
a reply to: Finspiracy
How are you tonight?

I am ok i think. Better than yesterday for sure, way better. I suddenly don't have time to read all your writings here. Friend having a mental breakdown. And i can help. I know how to calm down people, years of experience. He lives next to my other friends house, and the other friend and i are in such levels of trust that we have keys to each others homes and we can come and go as we want. I will get my phone back and cards etc. Planning to call to my mom. She is wonderful and it has been several days since i have heard her voice.

I have time still to say this (and this may sound irrational coming from a dude who drinks and smokes but...) remember vitamines. I eat multivitamin pills and extra D. It helps. Sometimes i don't care and i eat poor-nutrient food and no vitamines, and fatigue and anxiety builds up.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Just checking in.... to tidy up the mess after the party...

OK, who finished the Rum?
...and there are Doughnut crumbs in Jacy's tent?
...Big skid marks on the Lawn... from Gails driving I presume?
Helena Christiansens bra is hanging from the optics behind the bar??? How did I miss that??
Wait... Nighstar is in Sheye's flower bed???
and ewww, Did Troll clog up the restroom AGAIN?

Ach well.... It was worth it!
Thanks for the fun night everyone.

Now... coffee and some paracetamol... (Full Scottish Breakfast!)

Carry on. Nothing to see here... (uggh, I think I've caught ellipsisitis from Jacy's tent!)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

You have a point, ATS is probably not the place to go to retain ones sanity. But, it's got a lot of like minded people that are older than 11 (my oldest daughter), who aren't going to argue with me about cleaning their room.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Came in here earlier to reply but got caught up on the phone. I will be leaving in a while to go out with my Sister.

Fin, hope you can help your friend out. I'm on vitamins too besides all my meds. I'm glad you are calling your Mom.

Yes Gordi, I was in Sheye's flower bed. Wait...I know how your mind works. I was in the garden.
Nice of you to clean up after the party. I'm still tired, but happy. I think Gail finished the last of the rum.
WTH is paracetamol? Even my autocorrect thingy is confused. You confuse it...a lot. Sounds like a med of some kind, not breakfast.

Chelsdh, Well I don't know, some of us at times act like we're 11. LOL
edit on 12-10-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

WTH is paracetamol? Even my autocorrect thingy is confused. You confuse it...a lot. Sounds like a med of some kind, not breakfast.

from WIKI:

Paracetamol was discovered in 1877. It is the most commonly used medication for pain and fever in both the United States and Europe

Painkillers.
I think in the US they usually sell "Brand Name" paracetamol? like Panadol, Tylenol???
Here it's more common to have (much cheaper) unbranded versions.
(Same with Ibuprofen = Advil, Addaprin, Brufen, Nurofen, Motrin, Q-Profen?)

G

(Why are there no painkillers in the Jungle?
Because the Parrots Eat 'em all..... Parrots eat'emall.... parrots.... never mind!)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Happy Thursday, Sheddizens!

Anyone home?

Welcome to the Shed, chelsdh, call me Shep. Or whatever.

I have three sons near that age - I call them "Shepherditos" here. They are 13, 10, and 8, and resist cleaning their rooms as well. And the living room. Or the Nerf darts all over the house. Or the Lego armies and battle lines across the family room. And the piles of schoolwork and assignments and bowls and bags of tortilla chips and M&Ms and marbles and...and...and...

At least we have them brushing their teeth every day. They even occasionally wash their hands.

Oh, and I taught eldest to make coffee this morning. Now THAT is a useful skill. Even handier than teaching him how to mow the lawn.

*waves* Hi Night Star! Have fun with sis today!

Hearty "hi-ho" to everyone else! Sorry I missed the party last night, guys, was fighting with a computer that is more reluctant than the Shepherdito it belongs to.

And I missed Admin!
Really could have used your expertise last night, lady!

"Error 1935.An error occurred while installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2008. Please refer to the installation log or contact your system administrator."

GRRRR. I AM the system admin you TWIT!
Unfortunately getting annoyed with computers is so unsatisfying. They rarely give me the pleasure of a response.

Another Episode of Falling is up - the conclusion of the scene I posted yesterday. As always you can hit my signature to go to the beginning of Falling, or you can use this link to go directly to the new post:
Falling: An Epic Fantasy - Captured
edit on 10-12-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: If you're going to go to the ridiculous trouble of typing up a stupid MS error message then spell it right. Sheesh.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Ibuprofen is my go to pain relief.... after some herbal remedies.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Hi Everybody!

Well I'm still here.
Last night after I logged off, I received a call from Rogers (my internet/phone supplier).
Luckily the caller was a very compassionate woman who agreed to give me one more month of internet/phone if I made a small payment today, so I did.

Now I have just returned home from my appt. to apply for extra gov't. assistance.
It didn't go very well.

This was just the application process but she informed me that I have to go after spousal support. (That is making me a little nervous, it won't be well received by him.)

I have to come up with certain documents that take about 3 weeks to get in the mail. Apparently there is no immediate assistance available to me and it's going to be possibly a month before I find out if my application was approved. I also somehow have to get 7 years of income tax done (but no advice on how).

The worst part was the blank smile and empty eyes...her kindest gesture was to push the Kleenex box across the desk when I was crying.
So I'm a little overwhelmed right now.

Thank you to everyone for the love and support. I really enjoyed our Shed party last night and am sorry that it was anti-climactic as I'm still here (online). I will likely be lurking around, too stressed to do anything useful for now.
Hope everyone is doing well and having a good day.
Love, jacy

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
a reply to: PrairieShepherd

All boys? I kinda envy that. I have 3 girls- 11, 8, and 6. Then a 1 year old boy. So far, I'm seeing that the boy is a far more challenging baby, but I think as a teen he will be much easier. Even at 11, the hormones are gonna kill me!

Your description of the mess they leave- spot on. Except we don't have legos. Baby is still too little for them, but they will come along soon enough!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jacygirl

[[[[[[Jacy]]]]]]

Should I leave the tent up for another few days then?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Hi chels,

I trust that our shedfolks are treating you well?
Coffee is on the stove, there are cold drinks in the fridge and watch out for the pixiedust!
Apparently THEY think it's funny.... I think I may have been spiked last night, but in the end it was GREAT FUN! So I don't mind really.

On Kids?
I've got two boys myself, 12 and 8 now. Both doing great. I'm very lucky.

G

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Jacy's back!

Well, the lady at the govt office might not be compassionate, but you have The Shed.
Donut?

Yes, all boys. Essentially, if it is not made out of titanium carbide it does not survive long in my house.

LO, though I haveth naught but lads, nieces I also have aplenty to understand the aforementioned trepidation of The Advent of Hormones. Lest ye think, however, that boys come not with drama, alloweth me to set thee straight: At 13, we're getting PLENTY of drama from Thing One.

Legos. Darts. Star Wars X-Wing miniatures. Axis and Allies and Risk miniatures. With Baby Boy you will begin to loathe the birthday and Christmas presents that happily and proudly proclaim "4938 pcs"...

ETA: I really have no idea why I launched into Shakespearean mode there for a bit. Must be the elderberry syrup. Very strange.
edit on 10-12-2017 by PrairieShepherd because: Alas! Alack! I bid thee an edit!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Gordi! Hi hun.
Yeah, leave the tent up for now. Maybe chelsdh can hide out with me...I'm sure Night Star would watch the kids for a while?

Last night was such fun...really wonderful to see everybody partying in The Shed.
It was good.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: PrairieShepherd

Donut?

Donut!!!

Hiya Shep!
I just want to share a synchronicity here with everyone. I love synchronicities.

A couple of weeks ago I spent the weekend on the couch watching movies. Cable channels were playing ``The Blind Side`` and I actually watched it a couple of times. I just loved the beautiful people who showed amazing empathy, compassion and love unconditionally.
The second time through I noticed something and I reacted it to it, because to me it felt like a message from the Universe. Look at the name of the restaurant in this scene clip...I can`t believe I found a pic!

Yup, it`s The Shed. Home of empathy, compassion and love on the web.
Nice.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

That's bloomin' awesome right there!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

On the bright side of the day , you got another month of internet and phone. Yay !!!

I'm sorry about the blank stare and lame smile from the gov worker, but that seems fairly typical 😕. It's like they make it extremely difficult to get any help in the first while,in hopes that you will give up on trying to get assistance. I think it's darn right criminal how they treat people who are truly down and out.

Sorry that meeting turned into such a disappointment Jacy , but keep the faith that eventually things will get better. Your ex is just going to have to understand that the gov is making you go after him for spousal support.

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join