It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Free Energy

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles
It would have made more money as a museum piece, i would think.

It is an interesting novelty, kind of like the static electricity machines that make your hair stand up.

edit on 4-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

There were better engineers before and after him, he only has the reputation he does now because people are misinformed.

I object he's up there with the greatest, your one(of many) that's misinformed. Go back to doing what you doe best and give us a laugh sometime...

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
When I was a kid I had a crystal radio set that ran on "free energy." It was pretty cool, but it could barely power a tiny earplug.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
I object he's up there with the greatest...

What was his greatest invention?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
What was his greatest invention?

Hype.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Shhh. Besides that.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

There were better engineers before and after him, he only has the reputation he does now because people are misinformed.

I object he's up there with the greatest, your one(of many) that's misinformed. Go back to doing what you doe best and give us a laugh sometime...

The greatest what?

Faker?
Egotist?
Pigeon love?

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Shhh. Besides that.

Then radio, I guess. He eventually won that patent claim against Marconi.

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

It wasn’t a case over who invented the radio first. It was a financial compensation case.

If you have time, try finding some of the non biased sources and have a read. It’s quite the eye opener and shows just how far his followers have gone to twist history in his favour.

ETA: In 1919, Tesla didn’t even believe radio waves existed.

Here's a bit of reading (it’s not that long, but it’s interesting).
edit on 4102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Marconi's first patent, in the United Kingdom was in 1896, Tesla's was in 1897. The funny thing is that Tesla thought that Hertz et. al. were wrong about electromagnetic wave transmission and attributed the phenomena to something else, so he didn't even understand the base properties of radio transmissions as they did.

edit on 4-10-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

Marconi's first patent, in the United Kingdom was in 1896, Tesla's was in 1897. The funny thing is that Tesla thought that Hertz et. al. were wrong about electromagnetic wave transmission and attributed the phenomena to something else, so he didn't even understand the base properties of radio transmissions as they did.

they were scientists Tesla was an engineer. H didnt understand radio waves annd did. Nothing to understand them. What he was good at was writing in to the paper making claims that scientists knew was wrong.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hyperboles

Wardenclyff was designed for communications. It was a proof of concept project for power transmission which would have required a much more ambitious project.

Tesla burned through the original contract monies and did not complete the project. The contract was not extended.
Ah ok.
I wonder what our world would be like today, had he succeeded in both

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Well lets see there's the RPV's he developed, demonstrated for the navy, and the navy rejected as useless and pointless well before anyone else was even coming CLOSE to doing similar....

That stuffs pretty neat.

Then there's the Tesla turbine/pump....

That's very damn spiffy too!

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
AugustusMasonicun and TerryDon79, maybe you both can get a separate room?
I'm not interested in pigeon and hotelroom chitchat or smirks at other posters.

This thread went downhill when you came in. Too bad, was an interesting read,

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   

All i have is conjecture and some disparate but established facts to back this up, but i long ago came to the conclusion that the situation with tesla and radio/hertzian waves is a complicated and nuanced one.

Aka for a dude who thought hertz waves didn't exist he sure as hell knew how to make them useful for practical applications etc long before most everyone else was having much luck!.

His RC boat demos and etc show that pretty clearly...

But between his paranoia OCD and likely other issues too, if he did know something special he never shared it anywhere that I've seen. (Maybe the government has that stuff lol)

Needless to say though, it's not a black and white situation and i wish people would stop trying to force it to be one.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hyperboles

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hyperboles

Wardenclyff was designed for communications. It was a proof of concept project for power transmission which would have required a much more ambitious project.

Tesla burned through the original contract monies and did not complete the project. The contract was not extended.
Ah ok.
I wonder what our world would be like today, had he succeeded in both

Birds would be extinct and the human lifespan would be about 40. Em radiation effects wildlife and people. Thank god he ran out off money

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
they were scientists Tesla was an engineer. H didnt understand radio waves annd did. Nothing to understand them. What he was good at was writing in to the paper making claims that scientists knew was wrong.

Yeah, Phage brought it up several times earlier, Tesla scoffed at the concept of radio waves.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
Well lets see there's the RPV's he developed...

Link?

Then there's the Tesla turbine/pump....

As of 2016, the Tesla turbine has not seen widespread commercial use since its invention.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: roguetechie
All i have is conjecture and some disparate but established facts to back this up, but i long ago came to the conclusion that the situation with tesla and radio/hertzian waves is a complicated and nuanced one.

There's nothing conjectural, his notes state who he didn't believe in radio waves.

posted on Oct, 5 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: snewpers

I see you added a tremendous amount to the thread, sort of like Tesla did with his inventions.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join