It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Free Energy

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: Hyperboles

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Hyperboles

Well, he did go quite insane.
So...
I dont recall reading anywhere that he was ever in a looney bin

You don’t have to be committed to be a mental case. There are plenty of non committed nut bars running around free every day.
Hey lass, he functioned quite normally till he passed away. his being mentally ill may be just hype imo

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Hey lass

Not a lass, but my moobs are impressive.

he functioned quite normally till he passed away. his being mentally ill may be just hype imo

So him saying himself he loved pigeons like a man loves woman, isn’t a tad mentally ill?

I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.
I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life.
source
edit on 6102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Free energy is Solar. In fact, we could all buy cheap solar panels with adaptors/plugs and rig it so that some of our electricity could be really free and unmeasurable by the government.

You could buy some cheap panels for a workshop, for example, and save hundreds if not thousands of dollars on your elctricity bill and no one would be the wiser.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Here's a story for you

By the 1930s, Tesla’s fortunes had turned for the worse. A few rough deals and rougher business partners had left him on the edge of bankruptcy, and he began to live by passing through hotels.

One morning, after a stay in the Governor Clinton Hotel, a clerk came for Tesla’s bill, and he realized that he didn’t have the money. Instead, he handed them a box. It contained adeath beam, he told them, and it was worth $10,000.

“Be careful,” he warned them. “It will detonate if it is opened by an unauthorized person.” The hotel took the box, either because they believed it was valuable or because they didn’t want to argue with a man who went around carrying a death beam.

In 1943, after Tesla had died and World War II had reached its height, the FBI seized all of his assets and sent a team in to gather the death beam. They very carefully opened the box, dreading what would come . . . 

Inside was nothing more than a spare, standard electrical part.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

What was his greatest invention?

The international measurement of magnetic flux is the Tesla (T) why do you suppose that is?
His research and discovery's were invaluable in this field.

You could however take your pick from one of his 278 patents concerning this branch of Electrical Engineering.

en.wikipedia.org...

But it is generally considered his best known invention was the AC "'induction motor", which, oddly enough
was independently invented by Galileo Ferraris around the same time in the 1880's. But...

After Francois Arago’s effort to put together rotating magnetic fields also known as Arago’s rotations in 1824, many other inventors made an effort to develop working AC motors in 1880s - Nikola Tesla and Galileo Ferraris developed rotating AC motors. But Ferraris’s motor was declared to be weak to make a commercial motor.

source

In the year 1888, Tesla presented a paper on alternating current transformers and motors. George Westinghouse bought Tesla’s patent and also hired him for developing them while CF Scott assisted him. Like many other glitches that make creation a bumpy task, the consistent speed of the AC induction was not considered to be suitable for the street cars. Westinghouse’s smart hires - the engineers working on its development adjusted it for powering mining operation in Colorado in the year 1891.

However, the induction motor would later be developed and improved upon.

In 1905, Alfred Zehden described linear induction motor that could be used in the lifts or trains in a patent form. And it took around thirty years from then for Kemper to build this linear induction motor for use 1935. This motor was further improvised by Laithwaite. He was the one to introduce first ever full sized working model of this induction motor.

Laithwaite was another interesting character, but that's a subject for another thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
But it is generally considered his best known invention was the AC "'induction motor", which, oddly enough...

...he didn't invent, as has been pointed out repeatedly in this thread.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   

The INDUCTION motor he did. Jeeez

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul

The INDUCTION motor he did. Jeeez

No, he didn’t.

Try going back a couple of pages and you’ll see it wasn’t him at all. Walter Bailey got there before Tesla did.
edit on 6102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

You do realize english was not teslas first language.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

So?

Doesn’t change what he said and doesn’t change how much of a mental case he was.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No, he didn’t. Try going back a couple of pages and you’ll see it wasn’t him at all. Walter Bailey got there before Tesla did.

As you won't take my word for it, someone who actually studied Electrical Engineering, here is another source.

1879 Walter Bailey finds that by turning the battery on and off, he can produce a very primitive commutatorless induction motor.

Making it DC (direct current) as it used a battery, and primitive it certainly was.

1887 tesla-induction-motor-patent Tesla’s 1888 patent Nikola Tesla forms the Tesla Electric Company with Alfred S Brown and develops an induction motor running on alternating current as opposed to direct currents. This motor made use of a polyphase current to generate a rotating magnetic field which would turn the motor, an idea he had been working on since 1882. This self-starting motor didn’t need a commutator, making it safer and requiring less maintenance. Tesla’s work on electricity was instrumental for many inventions, and his part of the electric motor story is often diminished.

source

This article however, fails to mention that Ferraris came up with the concept independently at more or less the same time, while Tesla had been working on the concept since 1882, Ferraris built a working model in 1885. However his motor was deemed to weak to be suitable for useful work. Tesla's motor worked fine, but wasn't suitable as yet for powering cars. It was still capable of transmitting AC when reconfigured as a Generator though.

If he was some insane pigeon lover who stole other peoples ideas as you would have it why do you suppose the measurement for magnetic flux is given in Tesla's (T)? I suppose they do say there's a fine line between genius and insanity though...

interesting

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

So, as I said, Bailey got there before Tesla.

As for him being a pigeon lover? It’s his own words.

But you teslarites can’t have anything bad said about your pigeon loving deity.
edit on 7102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm not a teslarite, I just appreciate his huge contribution to electrical Engineering.

You call switching a battery on an off a working motor? It's not even AC.

You have no clue what your talking about do you? Your clearly just a troll with nothing better to do than troll these boards. Get a life or an education, I'm done trying deny ignorance when it comes to you.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

He never invented the AC induction motor either. The first two-phase was invented by Ottó Bláthy.

And thanks for the insults. I’m sure your pigeon loving deity would be proud. Or indifferent if his pigeon girlfriend was around.
edit on 7102017 by TerryDon79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Another good Engineer known for:

Electric transformer, parallel AC connection, and AC electricity meter.

But not the AC induction motor.

en.wikipedia.org...

As I said I'm done with this thread now, I've made my point, carry on.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

If you want to use Wikipedia, fine.

The first commutator-free two phase AC induction motor was invented by Hungarian engineer Ottó Bláthy, he used the two phase motor to propel his invention, the Electricity meter [9][10]

Wikipedia

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Oh come on, he was a very smart guy who lived in the US for over 60 years.

He also loved a pigeon, as per the man's own words.

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

So?

Doesn’t change what he said and doesn’t change how much of a mental case he was.
he was quirky but certainly not a mental case by any stretch of imgination

posted on Oct, 7 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

So?

So you don’t think loving a female pigeon like a man loves a woman is crazy?

The guy was nuts.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   

So?

So you don’t think loving a female pigeon like a man loves a woman is crazy?

The guy was nuts.
Lol you guys are reading too much into his remark about love. english was not his first language and besides that strange pigeon could have been an angel in disguise

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join