It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikola Tesla - Free Energy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TerryDon79
Has it worked?

I hear they just give those places out to anyone

I just show them my Tesla Death Ray and they throw in complimentary room service too.

I’ve onky got the miniature one. It’s good for bugs and small dogs. Sometimes it works on babies if I really want it hard enough.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: WithWings

Westinghouse was giving him a stipend for creating the AC motor.

Tesla didn't create the AC Motor.

As i have shown previously on this thread.

All you showed was a yuge wall of copy and pasted text about it. There are literally thousands of other walls of text online that act academic in saying Tesla did invent the first AC motor. So who is an actual authority?

So is history.com all bogus?

Serbian-American engineer and physicist Nikola Tesla (1856-1943) made dozens of breakthroughs in the production, transmission and application of electric power. He invented the first alternating current (AC) motor and developed AC generation and transmission technology. Nikola Tesla - Inventions - HISTORY.com www.history.com/topics/inventions/nikola-tesla

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

He was this super great guy who wanted to better humanity. Partly by getting rid of a bit of it.

Pigeons are better than most people anyway.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Walter Bailey invented the first induction motor and demonstrated it in 1879. It was based on François Arago formulas (look up (Arago's rotations).

What Tesla did invent was an AC commutator-free three-phase induction motor at about the same time Galileo Ferraris did.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Ironically Tesla was more concerned with his image then his inventions. Is a scientist made a claim he would claim he all ready did that. Then proceed to babble on in the herold on how he thought it worked. But e entually the press catches on to the scam.

www.teslacollection.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

He was this super great guy who wanted to better humanity. Partly by getting rid of a bit of it.

Pigeons are better than most people anyway.

I’ve never tasted pigeon, so I’ll have to take your word for it.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Not completely. Their Ancient Aliens stuff is spot on.

But I guess they never heard of Michael von Dolivo-Dobrowolsky
www.google.com...
edit on 10/2/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What Tesla did invent was an AC commutator-free three-phase induction motor at about the same time Galileo Ferraris did.

Actually, Tesla did a two-phase, it was Dobrovolsky who produced a viable three phase AC motor which enabled him to capitalize on Tesla's failure with the two phase where they had trouble powering street cars as conceptualized. Dobrovolsky's motor was more powerful and much more efficient.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I could have sworn he did a three-phase about the same time as Ferraris did.

I must be getting something mixed up somewhere.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Tesla and Ferraris both did two phase, Dobrovolsky introduced the three phase and trumped them both.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Not completely. Their Ancient Aliens stuff is spot on.

But I guess they never heard of Michael von Dolivo-Dobrowolsky
www.google.com...

haha --well it's appearing there are a multitude of conflicting data when discussing Tesla. Maybe later we will have to vote on it, or draw straws. I don't have an issue with who invented what first, but it is getting humorous.

btw thanks for that info terrydon79.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

There is, indeed, a lot of myth attached to the man.

I hear George Washington threw a silver dollar across the Potomac.

edit on 10/2/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Tesla and Ferraris both did two phase, Dobrovolsky introduced the three phase and trumped them both.

I did a search (just for my sanity) and I can’t really find much outside of wiki (they say both invented AC commutator-free three-phase induction motors). Everything else I find just says polyphase.

I’m probably just mixing them up because of Dolivo-Dobrovolsky.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No problem. It appears I was slightly wrong though (two-phase, not three-phase).

We’re all (mostly) human though

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

The successful units were both done at nearly the same time:

Today, the three-phase synchronous motor is used mostly in highly dynamic applications (for example in robots) and in electric cars. It was developed first by Friedrich August Haselwander in 1887.

The highly successful three-phase cage induction motor was built first by Michael Dolivo-Dobrowolsky in 1889. Today, this is the most frequently produced machine in the power range of 1 kW and above. I love pigeons

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

I’ll just call it “close enough”

But thanks for the timeline. It’s really interesting and I completely forgot about Jonas Wenström too.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

It's fine. Tesla's unit was not practical as he was trying to develop it for streetcars and it was not powerful enough to by commercially viable.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I still find it funny you call trams “streetcars”. It’s almost like there should be wallcars, pathcars and ceilingcars lol.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I still find it funny you call trams “streetcars”. It’s almost like there should be wallcars, pathcars and ceilingcars lol.

Learn to speak English!

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

As well as to drive on the correct side of the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join