It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

In 2016, the league average sacks allowed per game was 2.18, so your team must not be very good?

The Cleveland Browns were the only team that had a team average for allowing their QB to be sacked 4 times per game.

Yea.. but most teams will give up a game or two during the year where their QB gets sacked multiple times, it's hardly uncommon, unless a team has a superb o-line. But mostly players on a team -really- really really want to win, every game. In a 16 game season, can't afford many losses. In a division like the AFC West, they really can't afford to give games away. Which is why I think it is bunk.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The poster I was discussing this with talked like it's hardly a big deal to see a team allow their QB to eat turf 4 or more times in a game.

From where I am sitting, it's very unusual to see the QB get sacked that many times. Yes, you have the games where one team gets the other team's number but when you watch a team week in, week out, it's not a normal thing and if it is, the team isn't very good at all.

Seeing a sack or two go through? Yeah, that happens. Seeing your team get a sack or two? Yeah that happens. But getting sack after sack? That's far less common and either your team sucks or you had a bad day or were overmatched when it does happen.

And if it was a normal thing, then the league stats would reflect it, but they don't.
edit on 30-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33well if they threw game on purpose they need to be sacked. the nfl also and maybe law enforcement mite need to investigate they mite be using the protest as cover for fixing a game they bet on

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

I don't think one game is proof of fixing or throwing the game. It may just have been a bad game.

And in football when you are experiencing some division on your team, it will hit on field performance even if you don't think it will. That doesn't mean they are doing it on purpose though.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Check out sacks for NFL
edit on 9/30/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

How do we know it was about the whole anthem thing? Maybe they just threw the game because they feel bad that the owner turned them into a bunch of carpetbagging money grubbers by agreeing to move to Vegas and abandoning their fans.

Much respect for having the best ‘hot take’ in the thread.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
The NFL needs owners with balls, fire the SOBs, it is against the NFL's own rules to not stand for the anthem.

Lol. Wut? What rule specifies you have to stand for the anthem? Moreover, players weren’t even on the field for the anthem prior 2009. The sheeple will repeat anything they hear that confirms their bias — bang up job embracing ignorance

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Having played football from 8 years old, all the way up through a few years in college, I find this hard to believe.

Individual players I have known over the years have despised one another off the field, but when on it, would do anything to back their teammate.

That said, the political climate is unlike anything I have seen in my 41 years on this planet.....so who knows. So, it would surprise me if true, but not that much.

A backup lineman entered the game and whiffed blocks all over the field. Go read the game summary. If you know the NFL you know the drop off of talent from starters to backups is significant. It's why Kaep will never find a job asking for starter money. He isn't worth it.

If it was a back up lineman getting beat, that isn't surprising. The o-line is meant to function as one cohesive unit. If someone misses assignments or is a step slow, the whole thing could get ugly quick.

See Big Ben getting the crap beat out of him early in his career.

Ben as and always had a penchant for “holding on to the ball too long” and simply believes his body is built well enough to handle the unnecessary hits. He’s a first ballot HOFer and I love Tomlin. I might be reaching, but I’d wager you’re a Steelers fan. Redskins’ season ticket-holder here and was at the game — sorry to burst everyone’s conspiracy bubble, but the Redskins’ front four simply whooped the Raiders O-lineman. It’s as simple as that.
#HTTR

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Raiders fan checking in. This entire conspiracy is garbage. We simply got outplayed and outcoached. Carr gets rattled and has bad games from time to time. You have to remember that he broke his leg the last time he was getting sacked. He was holding onto the ball too long while our line was getting their teeth kicked in.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
What the hell is a sack?

P

Well . . . way back when people walked to and from school uphill in the snow in August (man that global warming stuff really hits hard huh), there was this very big man named "Mean Joe Greene". Well, little old Joe led the Pittsburgh Steelers' defensive line (the Steel Curtain) and he hit the quarterback very often and often very hard. These were called sacks. Now, the term wasn't coined by him or in reference to him even though is one of the all-time leaders in sacks. No, that honor is held by Deacon Jones who also wore number 75 (the same as Greene), and amassed a large number of sacks in his career as well. On a side note, not only is sack a term coined by Jones, but the term head-slap also originates from him and his favorite way to get past offensive linemen.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I didn't see the game but watched the highlights vid and the one in the OP. If they did flop they need to be fired...Out of a canon..Into the son. Or worse...dock their pay

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I watched this game and have been a football fan for years, a long time.

First thing i said to friends after the game was Carr the QB looked off or on drugs, something was not right with him.

This story makes 100% to anyone who really knows the game and players.

On top of the sacks was the center who hikes the ball to the QB, 4 times just randomly chucked the ball at Carr when he was not ready, that is odd because it is the QB who calls the play and sets the "count" when the ball is to be hiked.

Then there was Carrs passes... he multiple times just flung the ball down the field at random targets, to me this looked like his way of fighting back like... ok # it you guys dont want to win because i did not kneel then ill throw interceptions.

This is a highly believable story that is really hard to prove 100% without someone publicly admitting to it but from a football expert... it really looks like what happened.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

There are rules in the NFL handbook that state players MUST stand attention when the flag is out and anthem is played. that is a fact.

Its also a fact that these players ALL of them are under contracts that give the NFL complete control of a player's appearance and behaviour on and off the field. They are under contract, thats a fact.

[SNIPPED]

operations.nfl.com...
edit on Sun Oct 1 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: Community Announcement re: Decorum

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I watched the highlights and prep video for the Redskins, I think the difference was that the Raiders were rattled and distracted, and Redskins were focused like a laser on the job at hand, that is playing as a cohesive team and winning.

Bottom line the Raiders heads weren't in the game this time, and it can happen with any sports team they aren't actually throwing the game but their desire to win is decreased exponentially, unusually apathetic, which translates to fans as a pathetic showing to the point that it appears that they threw the game.

Did you ever play a video game online and your team mates do really stupid stuff to lose the game, it's called "griefing", those uncalled snaps sure look like sports greifing to me.

Either that or the player is really, really bad. But not usually, they usually get ticked about something and then change their play and start doing stupid stuff that hurts the team, and you almost always lose after that.

I remember an old C & C game where you could fly your jets to your ally and blow his command center up, although rare when it did happen people were really mad, especially if they couldn't rebuild it and it knocked them out of the game.
edit on 1-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

What the hell is a sack?

P
Ummm...I can make you a drawing.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 04:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If the incidents are genuine then it gives further weight to the puzzle on why whites would want to be involved in any situation where minorities are the majority.

Our ancestors sure got it right with the segregation thing, eh?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Those front four are eating folks alive, you what they did to them Cowboys and ya got Stormin Normin lockin'em down, their gonna stop throwing to his side soon. It's Cousins too, he's playing out of his mind!

Life long Giants fan here. Usually, this is where i hang my head in shame but... got two rings so.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

What the hell is a sack?

P

It's when the big guys near the quarterback let the other big guys from the other team
get at the quarterback as he tries to get rid of the ball.

Massive story if true. Hard to prove I would imagine, but you know what they say about throwing mud, throw enough...

Throw enough mud and your hands get dirty?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nightwalk
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

If the incidents are genuine then it gives further weight to the puzzle on why whites would want to be involved in any situation where minorities are the majority.

Our ancestors sure got it right with the segregation thing, eh?

I thought it would simply explain that some people are idiots, worthy of being eliminated from the league (if true), but that's just me.

Segregation doesn't seem "right", it seems small-minded.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
Much respect for having the best ‘hot take’ in the thread.

Hopefully you aren't a Raiders fan and had to deal with their flighty habits.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join