It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+23 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shock waves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem. He is white, they are black, he stood for the anthem they didn't.

Absolute Madness, This is Madness if true
edit on 30-9-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Just 1 minute in and they are already using incorrect information. Information which is easily available to anyone willing to look up. They say the Raiders QB was only sacked 1 time and just moments later they say he wasn't sacked at all the previous season. The Raiders QB was sacked 16 times last season. And for reference he was sacked 31 time in 2015 and 24 times in 2014. And 16 sacks the previous season was enough to be the least sacked QB in the league. The next being the Steelers QB sacked 21 times.

SOURCE

They immediately displayed that facts were not important and it's difficult to build a case once that's made clear.

+40 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: FraggleRock

Just 1 minute in and they are already using incorrect information. Information which is easily available to anyone willing to look up. They say the Raiders QB was only sacked 1 time and just moments later they say he wasn't sacked at all the previous season. The Raiders QB was sacked 16 times last season. And for reference he was sacked 31 time in 2015 and 24 times in 2014. And 16 sacks the previous season was enough to be the least sacked QB in the league. The next being the Steelers QB sacked 21 times.

SOURCE

They immediately displayed that facts were not important and it's difficult to build a case once that's made clear.

16 sacks last season divided by 16 games equals 1 sack per game vs 4 sacks in 1 game last Sunday. You just weren't listening.
edit on 2017/9/30 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

How old are you that you are still watching this as an adult?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:07 AM
link   
What the hell is a sack?

P

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
What the hell is a sack?

P

It's when the big guys near the quarterback let the other big guys from the other team
get at the quarterback as he tries to get rid of the ball.

Massive story if true. Hard to prove I would imagine, but you know what they say about throwing mud, throw enough...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Yes, last season it was an average of 1 sack per game. There were 5 games he wasn't sacked at all. There were 5 games he was sacked once. There were 4 games he was sacked 2 times. And there was a game he was sacked 3 times. Multiple sack games happen even with the best offensive lines.

But I'll try to listen harder next time. Maybe that will help me understand how season averages work compared to a single game performance.
edit on 30-9-2017 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-9-2017 by FraggleRock because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

What the hell is a sack?

P

When the team on defense manages to tackle the quarterback before he is able to make a pass.
Maybe some Raiders fans can give their opinions on how their team played that day?
edit on CDTSatam6361 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

What the hell is a sack?

P

If you need to ask you are in the wrong post...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   

The Raiders haven't been real men since Tom Madden was da coach.

+35 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
...and there you have it. As soon as you let politics or religion infest sports then the sport rips itself apart. Whether true or not, the accusations will fly, the players will become suspicious of each other, and the whole thing will go to hell in a handbasket.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

fine by me at this point. they havent been playing football for years now. easy way to find out though is watch the next few games and see what happens. if he keeps getting sacked and u see blatant holes open up or people just flopping to the ground on the defense then yeah probly are. personally i could care less, they are men and they will handle it
edit on 30-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

The Raiders haven't been real men since Tom Madden was da coach.

That would be John Madden...🙄

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:06 AM
link   
These football stars as the equivalent of the court jester or the kings fool back in the day, my how things have changed.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Note the clips for the first drive with all the sacks is missing. Arent sacks highlight worthy?
edit on 30-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What the hell is a sack?

P

If you need to ask you are in the wrong post...

That is a bit unfair. Many people, myself included, do not know this game or the terminology. To be sacked usually means the immediate termination of your employment, so being sacked several times in a game is confusing. All the poster was requiring was clarity so they could understand what the big scandal is about and educate themselves on a topic which is swamping this and other forums. To tell someone they are in the wrong post because they are seeking knowledge is excluding that person from conversation and is very dismissive without enlightenment. That was thoughtless and unkind, not what I would expect from the ATS community.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shock waves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem. He is white, they are black, he stood for the anthem they didn't.

Absolute Madness, This is Madness if true

It's not. One of the Raiders starting linemen was injured early and the backup was responsible for 3 of the 4 I believe.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Unless sacks cause fumbles or are game changing (as on 4th down going in for a score to win) they are not always shown. I watch the highlights for my team after the game is over and sacks are barely shown unless in those above situations.

So he was sacked 4 times? I could maybe see if he was sacked like 10+, but 4? That happens all the time in the NFL even with the best of offensive lines.

People will literally politicize ANYTHING these days. "Get politics out of sports!" *posts thread politicizing sports*

This is dumb and is only here to confirm biases.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

But but muh politics in sports! They threw da game for politics! It's obvious, you just don't wanna see it! You're so ignorant!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
...and there you have it. As soon as you let politics or religion infest sports then the sport rips itself apart. Whether true or not, the accusations will fly, the players will become suspicious of each other, and the whole thing will go to hell in a handbasket.

Quoted for truth.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join