It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: proteus33
the nfl also and maybe law enforcement mite need to investigate they mite be using the protest as cover for fixing a game they bet on

I agree, we definitely need the police involved. They could set aside doing actual police work to investigate this non-issue.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Godstuff
This is a highly believable story that is really hard to prove 100% without someone publicly admitting to it but from a football expert... it really looks like what happened.

As a so-called 'football expert' your expert analysis is pretty lame. How you managed to squeeze so much passive aggressive action into your 'analysis' is pretty amazing.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Not a football person But I am amazed some people here who know even less then I do about it .
Even I know what a sack is .
Sack - Use to hold potatoes
Sack - used to hold lunch
Sack American slang for a ugly women
lol

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
That is another angle, the owners shatting on the public yet again.

This is a business and they will do whatever they want to make as much money as they want. Standing. Kneeling. Moving. Kicking you in the nuts.

The NFL doesn't care about you, never did and never will, not in the least.

the same can be said about politicians (republican and democrat). they don't care about the people they represent. never have and never will.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: subfab
the same can be said about politicians (republican and democrat). they don't care about the people they represent. never have and never will.

Fair comparison.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: subfab

Oh, they care...sort of.

When it's in their own best interests to "care"...though I suppose there could be exceptions to that rule. Not that I can think of one, right off the top...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

From where I am sitting, it's very unusual to see the QB get sacked that many times. Yes, you have the games where one team gets the other team's number but when you watch a team week in, week out, it's not a normal thing and if it is, the team isn't very good at all.

That's just not true. On that Sunday alone, there were other QBs that got sacked 4 times. MANY that got sacked 3 times. One that got 5 times. One that got sacked SIX times. The one who was sacked 5 times? Tom Brady. Are you suggesting that the Patriots are not a very good team? They are probably the best if not one of the top 3 teams in the league.

It's not uncommon at all.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Or it's match fixing-a whole lot of sporting teams from around the world do it.

Look at Pakistan's cricket team, they were bowling blatant deliberate no balls (kinda like an illegal pitch in baseball) and pocketing money from bookmakers who open bets on the amount of no balls bowled during a match.

I'm not too familiar with American football, but to go from an average of one sack per game to four in one sounds dubious to me-he was either injured or the team blitzed a lot more than usual, or had an awesome defense. Politics or match fixing there is one way to find out-investigate. If it was match fixing then the QB will get banned. If he did it for political reasons, he should be suspended for letting down his team mates, there is a time and a place for promoting your beliefs but doing it on the field is not kosher, when I played softball if I deliberately dropped a fly ball in the outfield because I hated the poachers in Africa, my coach and team mates would've torn me a new one and I would've deserved it.

Or he just had a crap game, who knows but even as an outsider four sacks in one game seems a little odd.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Not true at all. A sports website I frequent talked about this as well and broke it down. First of all, you can't base anything that's happened last Sunday in football let alone what happened last year. Players and units(offensive line) can and will have bad games. This is pure coincidence. Secondly, the two back to back sacks were coverage sacks meaning the QB(Derick Carr) had nowhere to throw the ball since his receivers were all covered so the QB ended up eating the ball and took the sack instead of throwing it away or risk an interception. On both those sacks, Carr had a good pocket. There wasn't any evidence of a o-linemen letting a rusher get through unchecked.

The average time a QB has to throw the ball is I believe around 3ish seconds. Carr had that multiple times before the pocket eventually collapses and a defensive end trips him up for the sack.

I would post pictures that breaks the sacks down but I'm not exactly sure how to post pictures. I haven't posted on here in years but I felt compelled to share this so I could quench this before it becomes a full blown conspiracy. For those linemen to do that would be absolute career suicide. That, coupled with what I seen from the game, I see absolutely no evidence that the linemen maliciously allowed Carr to get sacked. Redskins defense simply played a better game than the Raiders offense.

I would also ask the OP to change the title of their thread because it makes the reader think this is a factual claim.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Chad_Thomas89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Did anyone consider the fact Raiders lost because they just flat-out suck?

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Well i will be .... Carr got hurt. He left with a back injury, walked off but the replay showed he was torqued near his neck. Bronco's Defense is rough. But a coincidence with bad timing in light of the OP.

I think this sport has gone to straight Gladiator stuff. It is WWE for real. It is real life drama.

edit on 1-10-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: pheonix358
What the hell is a sack?

P

If you need to ask you are in the wrong post...

That is a bit unfair. Many people, myself included, do not know this game or the terminology. To be sacked usually means the immediate termination of your employment, so being sacked several times in a game is confusing. All the poster was requiring was clarity so they could understand what the big scandal is about and educate themselves on a topic which is swamping this and other forums. To tell someone they are in the wrong post because they are seeking knowledge is excluding that person from conversation and is very dismissive without enlightenment. That was thoughtless and unkind, not what I would expect from the ATS community.

You were being a smart ass. Stop playing dumb. You were the one thoughtless and unkind. Grow up.

Denny

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman
Well i will be .... Carr got hurt. He left with a back injury, walked off but the replay showed he was torqued near his neck. Bronco's Defense is rough. But a coincidence with bad timing in light of the OP.

I think this sport has gone to straight Gladiator stuff. It is WWE for real. It is real life drama.

You guys are reading waaaay too much into this. It takes a special type of idiot to purposefully allow your QB to get sacked and then injured. It's also rare so having a whole o-line unit do it purposefully is impossible. The Broncos gave up 4 sacks to the Raiders in the same game so by the logic in this thread, the Broncos o-line also have an agenda against their QB. The op has no basis to the claim being made.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Wouldn't be surprised if it were true, just look at the glare the boob kneeling near him is giving him.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chad_Thomas89

originally posted by: Justoneman

You guys are reading waaaay too much into this. It takes a special type of idiot to purposefully allow your QB to get sacked and then injured. It's also rare so having a whole o-line unit do it purposefully is impossible. The Broncos gave up 4 sacks to the Raiders in the same game so by the logic in this thread, the Broncos o-line also have an agenda against their QB. The op has no basis to the claim being made.

Of course I must've failed to use the word coincidence.. oh never mind...

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: JustonemanNo need to get snide and facetious about it. No wonder I took a hiatus from this site.

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Yup if the game was thrown by the offensive line he can say "screw this I hurt my back".
edit on 1-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 1 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chad_Thomas89
a reply to: JustonemanNo need to get snide and facetious about it. No wonder I took a hiatus from this site.

so you weren't saying i was reading waaay too much into it?

Not trying to be snide.. but come on play along..i am not mad about it. I just thought i used the right word.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

That was thoughtless and unkind, not what I would expect from the ATS community.

It was being a little snarky... Seems offending someone is easy these days...

Whatever you were being, it was uncalled for. I wasn't offended, I was pointing out how your response was thoughtless, unkind and unhelpful to the person who was merely asking a question.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaCook

originally posted by: pheonix358
What the hell is a sack?

P

If you need to ask you are in the wrong post...

That is a bit unfair. Many people, myself included, do not know this game or the terminology. To be sacked usually means the immediate termination of your employment, so being sacked several times in a game is confusing. All the poster was requiring was clarity so they could understand what the big scandal is about and educate themselves on a topic which is swamping this and other forums. To tell someone they are in the wrong post because they are seeking knowledge is excluding that person from conversation and is very dismissive without enlightenment. That was thoughtless and unkind, not what I would expect from the ATS community.

You were being a smart ass. Stop playing dumb. You were the one thoughtless and unkind. Grow up.

Denny

Wrong. I was neither being a smart ass nor playing dumb. Most people in Scotland do not know American football, it's rules or terminology. I fail to see how I was being thoughtless and unkind by pointing out someone else's failures due to their dismissive and unhelpful comment and how that comment may have made another member feel. That, unlike your post and suggestion, was a grown up thing to do. Seems quite a few people agree with my post too.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join