It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
of course its true. im a redskins fan, figured they were going to lose. then the redskins crush them?

you cannot 'take a knee' in a time of competetion. it signals a sign of weakness, of submissiveness.

i laughed so hard when these idiots took the knee, and then just got crushed.

this is the best for the so called movement.

the reason its ridiculous is because its the new fad thing to do. want to get on espn, take a knee as a submissive. espn will praise you for being weak.

taking the knee is this years ice bucket challenge. i never made fun of my friends for doing it, but so many did it, because so many people are followers.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   
This is silly and I'll show why. Did David Carr throw the game? After all he averaged only 0.4 interceptions per game last year, he threw 2 in this game. One on the first drive of the game.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

No. Sacks don't happen 4 times in a game all the time. It really depends on how good the defense is. Some teams are good enough, but a sack is a specific set of circumstances. Tackles for loss do happen that often, but they don't involve the quarterback, just someone being tackled behind the line of scrimmage (either running back, full back, wide receiver, etc.). A sack is specifically the QB being dropped behind the line of scrimmage before he's had a chance to make any play for attempt at forward motion.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Hilarious. These thugs get paid millions of dollars to throw around a ball and they won't even do their job right. Talk about role models! But what else would you expect from the National Felon League.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I don't really buy it myself. He still supported his players, and they him, before the game - he has his hand on one of the player's shoulder during the anthem.

More likely someone with an agenda saw how poorly they played, and rolled with this made-up story to cause even more strife. Probably someone from the Trump administration! ; )

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Regardless if I was the Raiders coach I would be telling the offensive line they better protect the QB this game like their careers depend upon it. If I was the owner of the Raiders I would pay a personal visit to the dressing room to hear what the coach said to the players, probably say nothing but just being there would send the message.
Play time is over boys.

It could be that some teams were so emotionally upset their hearts weren't in it too because they were distracted by everything,
But the very fact that this story, true or false, is out there should make them try harder to disprove what has been said.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The two sacks in that high light video looked legit.

If anything the Raider defense looked pretty bad.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dantanna

of course its true. im a redskins fan, figured they were going to lose. then the redskins crush them? you cannot 'take a knee' in a time of competetion. it signals a sign of weakness, of submissiveness. i laughed so hard when these idiots took the knee, and then just got crushed.

I appreciate the input from a Redskins fan, you make some very valid points and have an interesting perspective.
Same thing seemed to happen to the Steelers too, just goes to show you how important the emotional aspect of the game is regardless of physical skill level.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I know what a sack is and I know that they happen all the time. The most sacks ever in a game is 12, 4 sacks is pretty common compared to the most ever in a game, it is not unusual in the least. Dallas and Cincinnati had 6 sacks this past week, did the other teams throw the game because they were sacked 6 times apiece?
edit on 9/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I know what a sack is and I know that they happen all the time. The most sacks ever in a game is 12, 4 sacks is pretty common compared to the most ever in a game, it is not unusual in the least. Dallas and Cincinnati had 6 sacks this past week, did the other teams throw the game because they were sacked 6 times apiece?

In 2016, the league average sacks allowed per game was 2.18, so your team must not be very good?

The Cleveland Browns were the only team that had a team average for allowing their QB to be sacked 4 times per game.
edit on 30-9-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
As an avid NFL fan.... and a supporter of the protests.. I really hope this isn't true.

I wouldve loved to see Carr kneel with the team... but throwing the game doesn't make anything better.

Knowing how players are.. I doubt this is true.

I rarely say I don't trust anonymous sources.. but I'd love to know which lineman said that

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I'm not arguing that the Raiders threw the game.

I am saying that allowing your QB to be sacked 4 times is a crappy game in the NFL.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

There were multiple teams who had 4+ sacks this past week. Keep grasping at those straws though.

I know it's a crappy, game. I never said they had a good game so I don't know why you even brought that up.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
DP.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   

There were multiple teams who had 4+ sacks this past week. Keep grasping at those straws though.

Multiple teams had crap games this past week, too.

The Bears won for crying out loud (and I am not talking about Thursday night). And several teams took some very bad losses (Ravens) because their opponents played lights out defense which is where you tend to see lots of sacks.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I know this, I was never arguing that. I was arguing that a 4 sack game isn't some historic thing, it's pretty common as there were multiple teams with 4+ sacks this past week, including the Redskins against the Raiders.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the NFL in general is a very anomalous sport. One week a team and/or player will be looking like the greatest thing ever. The very next week that same team and/or player will look like they've never been on a football field.

From any outsider looking in, it may be difficult for them to discern the commonalities of the sport from the anomalies of the sport. They see 16 sacks over a 16 game period = 1 sack per game. Taking that average literally, they think that must mean there was never an instance of more than 1 sack in a game. Therefore 4 sacks in a single game must equal shenanigans. Not realizing of course that statistics in sports don't work that way. You may have game where no sacks are recorded at all and then games where there is a cluster of sacks. This of course works with pretty much every other statistic within the game. Be it touchdowns, interceptions, receptions, etc.

Now they will latch onto whichever the future outcome is as furthering the evidence supporting their position. If the Raiders give up another cluster of sacks it will prove to them that there are indeed some shenanigans taking place because on average he was only sacked 1 time per game last year. And if the Raiders don't give up any sacks or perhaps just 1, this too will prove them correct because it shows that the previous week was not the norm so therefore, shenanigans must have taken place.

Everything in the NFL is about the anthem now. That's just the way it is until this blows over.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I highly doubt they threw the game, the team was probably just too distracted thinking about how they were going to disrespect the country rather than focusing on the game. This is why coaches hate distractions so much, you get crappy performance from your team, like the Raiders showed.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shock waves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem. He is white, they are black, he stood for the anthem they didn't.

Absolute Madness, This is Madness if true

It's not. One of the Raiders starting linemen was injured early and the backup was responsible for 3 of the 4 I believe.

Ye-, and you can check other games where when starting offensive lineman go down, defense focuses on replacement. For most teams there is a huge drop off in performance from starting lineman and back ups.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I get it, it makes a lot of sense but it did not happen.

It's true that the Raiders boast one of the best OL in the NFL but a part of the reason why they are considered statistically really good is because in part Derek Carr (their QB) also has the quickest release time of any QB in the league.

Washington took away their short passing game last week when which caused Carr to hold onto the ball longer. Thus resulting in sacks.

I know this because I am a PFF (Pro Football Focus) statistical analyzer.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join