It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump adviser 'can't guarantee' taxes won't go up for middle class

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Dudemo5

Wasn't it twice? It's been awhile

I do believe so. But yeah, it's been a while.

Then I remember some big debate when Obama was President about allowing the Bush tax cuts to expire. That's also been a while...

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Sounds like he's saying it will not be raised on to many. "Unique family somewhere"

Hell I'm still waiting for my 2.5k healthcare cost reduction.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Here's the full interview if you'd prefer to focus on the entirety of it, as opposed to two words of it.

"Our tax-plan is purely aimed at middle-class families. "

Square that one with the OP, whom apparently gets his facts from headlines.
edit on 28-9-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I'm middle class and, purely based on what has been shown of the plan to date, my taxes will go down markedly. Pretty much anyone who doesn't itemize (that covers most of the middle class) and anyone who doesn't live in a NYC hell hole existence in which their state and local taxes are as high as their federal ones, will see their taxes decline... that includes expansion of the group paying no taxes. I'm opposed to that, as I feel even someone who makes $100 a year should have some skin in the game, but if they can at least pass a code that does away with negative net taxation for the 45% of Americans currently claiming money from the nation under that BS system, I'd be very satisfied with the plan.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Aazadan

In all fairness, Trump did not destroy Puerto R. Bad situation.

Fair, but the disaster of a recovery is all Trump.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'm still waiting for the ACA to be repealed, replaced, everyone to be "taken care of", have the choice of Dr.'s, plans and save huge $$$.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

"I can't guarantee anything," said Cohn, the director of the White House Economic Council. "You can always find a unique family somewhere." He said Trump's plan is "purely aimed at middle-class families." But Cohn acknowledged that "it depends which state you live in."

"A typical family of four earning $55,000 in America today is going to have a substantial tax decrease," he said, adding that its taxes would decrease by $650 to $1,000. "Everything we have done in this tax plan is to solve for the middle class."

Not sure why you wouldn't add that part, but hey, it's your thread.

Boy, I sure do miss my Obama tax cuts...er... wait.

Facebook, Google and Amazon also love this tax plan.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

I wonder what is exactly the US's responsibility here, and how long does it take to get relief to this nation? A mess to be sure.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

You are so right. When I think of just my little circle who really loved Trump, they'll never let the reality of his dirty, useless failures interfere with their voting and judgement errors. Probably just a few of us still hating the system. Knew I'd hate Hillary and now tortured by Trump, daily, hourly, every minute.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I'm not surprised to see this. Everyday I see another article about trump taking a drink from the swamp. Politics will always be the same. People claim you should vote and blah blah blah.. but what does voting really get you? Career politicians and corruption.

So the next time somebody is on their high horse about voting, just remind them that their vote never mattered to begin with.

Political de ja vue.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Admittedly, I am getting excited for me, my family, and friends, some who own corporations too. I seem to be alone in this thread, but am excited as a middle class American. True, selfishly, I am hoping that all my 3 daughters who have had long term relationships and even children with their SO, will actually get married now! Crazy, I know, but they could not see any financial incentive to do so before! government was always so much more helpful to single mothers!

Forgive me for getting excited. I am praying and hoping for the best for my family and friends. My family in recent years, that have small corporations, have been extreme bores at family get togethers, ranting about taxes, legislations, and regulations. I am so hoping that my little vote does MAGA!

Now, I can just wait with my fingers crossed!

Edit add: hubby just told me come 2019...instead of repairing hot tub...we can get a new one. I won't spend as much time on ATS. Woohoo! Fingers double crossed!

edit on 9 28 2017 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5

originally posted by: marg6043

Ha, Ha, no really, actually most of the presidents after Reagan have followed the famous Reagan trickle down economics.

I got a check from Dubya. An actual check. Didn't we all?

That wasn't really a tax cut. The first one was more of a tax rebate using the surplus. The second one was pure deficit spending as an economic stimulus. There were additional tax cuts under W but they were basically just a change to the marginal rates, lowering from 39.6% to 35% for the top rate, and therefore only affected the wealthy.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Any moderate tax savings will be eaten up by inflation. Most notably 5.00 a gal gas. All utilities like lights and gas will skyrocket and groceries and surprise, surprise....wages will remain stagnate unless you are upper management.

That's the way trickle down economics works.

Trumps new war will stabalize things for awhile, but at what cost. Wars are very expensive...believe me!!
edit on 28-9-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Yes I've watched that full interview, did you? The question was clear. There will be middle class families seeing an increase. He didn't want to answer this directly. He says he can't guarantee.

It's fairly clear Les. I'd recommend others watch the video you linked.

Some advice for you. You are allowed to have a mind of your own and disagree with Trumps plans. It won't compromise your beliefs as a whole. Haven't seen one ounce of criticism from you on Trump. You seem to be eager to defend everything and anything.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I remember that but it was only one time at least for me.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

I wonder what is exactly the US's responsibility here, and how long does it take to get relief to this nation? A mess to be sure.

100% our responsibility.

Puerto Rico is not an independent nation, they're a US territory, rather deep in the process to becoming a state, and their residents are US citizens with all the rights that come with it.
edit on 28-9-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Boy, I sure do miss my Obama tax cuts...er... wait.

Yes... wait a minute. Didn't Obama continue the Bush Tax Cuts which is near identical to Trump's tax plan? The same Tax plan many of Trumps supporters backed all those years ago?

If you want to argue Obama didn't do much for lowering middle class taxes, have at it pal. Doesn't make me flinch.

With regards to Trumps plan, further:

Under President Barack Obama, Congress increased taxation of upper-income households. Mr. Trump is seeking to resume the long-term trend toward flattening the curve. Upper-income households would get large tax cuts; lower-income households would get none.

The exact impact on the middle class is not yet clear. The outline released Wednesday proposes new tax brackets but does not specify income thresholds. It also proposes to replace the current tax deduction for each dependent with a child tax credit — but the administration did not propose a dollar amount for that new credit.

www.nytimes.com...

His advisor coulnd't guarantee. A lot of talk of this plan being aimed at lowering class taxes. No specifics, no assurance. Just more BS.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Yes... wait a minute. Didn't Obama continue the Bush Tax Cuts which is near identical to Trump's tax plan? The same Tax plan many of Trumps supporters backed all those years ago? If you want to argue Obama didn't do much for lowering middle class taxes, have at it pal. Doesn't make me flinch.

I wouldn't know off hand. I'm paying 70% more in health insurance costs. My wages have actually gone up, but that was due to added education and job change, but you wouldn't know by looking at my household ledger.

To the rest of your comment, of course he can't guarantee. Everything still has to go through congress. Even Trump can't guarantee, nor can congress for the same reasons.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Obama made zero changes to taxes during his 8 years in office, with the exception of extending some Bush tax cuts.

So he was effectively a tax decreaser during his Presidency. Some will argue he increased due to the health insurance "tax" though.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Typical Entitlement Mentality there , Nothing in Life is Guaranteed , Deal with It Already .........
edit on 28-9-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join