It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California preparing for Nuclear War

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

How much warning if any do you think the public would get from our Military ? I know it would create mass panic and the freeways would be overloaded for that reason I bet we would get no warning from them . Best bet HAM system?

I would like to plan an off road route out of the Burbank area at least to an old mine or do a bit of research hunting for some abandon underground site .

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Has anyone else heard about the nationwide EAS test that will be held tomorrow? I didn't know about it until I saw something on Twitter today, which referenced a report dating back to July. Here is something more recent:

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), in coordination with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), will conduct a mandatory nationwide test of the Emergency Alert System (EAS) on September 27, 2017 at 2:20 pm EDT.

The test will assess the readiness for distribution of the national level test message, as well as verify its delivery. The EAS test is made available to radio, television, cable, and direct broadcast satellite systems, and is scheduled to last approximately one minute. The test’s message will be similar to the regular monthly test message of the EAS with which the public is familiar, only inserting the word “national.”

“This is a national test of the Emergency Alert System. This is only a test.”

Significant coordination and regional testing has been conducted with the broadcast community and emergency managers in preparation for this EAS national test. The test is intended to ensure public safety officials have the methods and systems that will deliver urgent alerts and warnings to the public in times of an emergency or disaster.

Periodic testing of public alert and warning systems is also a way to assess the operational readiness of the infrastructure required for the distribution of a national message and determine whether technological improvements are needed.

Source

Could this be related to North Korea?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

I'm not sure a warning is really going to help anyway. I mean how far do you think you could actually get and would it make much difference anyway???

It might if you're in just the right place. But what are the odds on that??? Plus like you said, with everyone else freaking out too, just how easy will it be to move around through all that chaos???

It seems to me that either you take out the rocket before it has a chance to arm itself or you need to not be where it hits or anywhere near it. Other than that I don't think there is much else you can do.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

Tomorrow's nationwide EAS test was planned back on July 17th.
www.insideradio.com...

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I understand that, but I was wondering if the deteriorating conditions on the Korean Peninsula was what led to this being planned?

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

You would get little warning IMHO. Because they will not know where exactly the ICBM would hit till after midcourse or later. You simply cannot evacuate the population in anyway in a 10 to 15 minute time frame. Look at how hard it was in Florida given 2-3 days.

Your far better to shelter in place. if you survive the primary blast etc. and you are properly equipped you have option IMHO. If I'm in LA and near live near the water I'd look to the sea to get up or down the coast.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I think nuclear war is the least of the their worries. a reply to: misskat1

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Can we stop a NK missile strike. Apparently it is not likely. nationalinterest.org...

Can we prepare for a missile strike in California. The largest seller of bomb shelters is located in CA.
www.atlassurvivalshelters.com...

I have a friend that has one of these things on his farm. (Not in CA.) If you didn't get hit directly, had enough food and didn't go bat # crazy, these things probably work.

Honestly, talk of nuclear war is just insanity. Trump needs to use his head. A piss ant dictator like Kim needs to look strong to his people, so he spouts off about beating the evil Americans. Trump just needs to publicly say we are backing down. Then through the back channel, we can tell the idiot what ever we want. But, if you do it publicly and humiliate the guy, it weakens him. A weakened animal like this is very dangerous and you never know. A puffed up animal like this isn't a danger because he is so full of his own pride. Come on Donald, this isn't that hard of a game to play.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Do you think North Korea would just use conventional Nukes? Do you think they care about the Geneva

conventions?

When you are bleeding from every orafice on your body...ask yourself the above questions.

The answer is "Blowing in the Wind"

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: dougie6665

Honestly, talk of nuclear war is just insanity. Trump needs to use his head. A piss ant dictator like Kim needs to look strong to his people, so he spouts off about beating the evil Americans. Trump just needs to publicly say we are backing down. Then through the back channel, we can tell the idiot what ever we want. But, if you do it publicly and humiliate the guy, it weakens him. A weakened animal like this is very dangerous and you never know. A puffed up animal like this isn't a danger because he is so full of his own pride. Come on Donald, this isn't that hard of a game to play.

I hope you aren't serious.

edit on 9 26 2017 by burgerbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: mOjOm

Trigger warning: poster Narcobuddha has opinions about the behavior of Californians that don't jive with Californians.

I'll be sure to throw up this disclaimer next time to avoid any arguments, misunderstandings, or undue stress to Californians.

That's perfectly fine buddha.

I'm born and raised Californian. I still live here, trapped somewhat, although i still have heart for this place, these people. Maybe im too forgiving. So be it.

Imho, most people in general, humans, are simultaneously amazing, jack asses. They'd save your life, but then make your life a pain in the ass, at times, for no good reason.

Oh humans, you intrigue me. Beautiful ants, an immortal once told me.

Ill tell ya this, California is quite likely the most diverse state in the U.S. We havent ripped each others throats out for reasons a lot of the rest of the world deem as "good reasons" to condemn and hate others.

We aint perfect, neither are any of you.

That said, Cali has been through a Hell many are completely unaware of. I know, i know this with all my heart. I have been in the very thick of it. Like the fate of mankind kind of seriousness.

Yet we are still here. Living in relative peace.

There's something to be said about that.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bluesma
I live in Hawaii. We're an easier target and my state is "gearing up."
I'm not afraid of a nuclear attack on my family. I am afraid for North and South Korea.

Trump is afraid of nothing. Idiot.

Im concerned for South Korea, Japan, and California. And if they can deliver one to California, the radiation will drift over the rest of the US.

Kim is the problem, and China/ Russia need to deal with him before Agent Orange does

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: visitedbythem

China/ Russia

They are far to busy rubbing their hands together with glee, just waiting for the next gem of wisdom to be twatted.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Vlad, I think, is diggin' on it.
Xi, probably not.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Bluesma
I live in Hawaii. We're an easier target and my state is "gearing up."
I'm not afraid of a nuclear attack on my family. I am afraid for North and South Korea.

Trump is afraid of nothing. Idiot.

Kim is the problem, and China/ Russia need to deal with him before Agent Orange does

Now that is clever! "Agent Orange"...haha.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Wow you take it so personal!

Musta hit pretty close to the mark

I attacked California. You attacked me.

California is not a place it is People, it is Americans like the rest of you. If Hollywood is your problem why don't all of you turn off the TV and stop watching movies? Hollywood is one city
Out of 51 Stares
Rank by Populations
All United States 308,745,538
1 California 37,253,956
2 Texas 25,145,561
3 New York 19,378,102
4 Florida 18,801,310
5 Illinois 12,830,632
6 Pennsylvania 12,702,379

Rank by Size (Total Area)

Rank State Size
(land & water)
(square miles)
All United States 3,794,083.06
1 Alaska 663,267.26
2 Texas 268,580.82
3 California 163,695.57
4 Montana 147,042.40
5 New Mexico 121,589.48
6 Arizona 113,998.30

Rank by Land Area
Rank State Land Area (square miles)
All United States 3,537,438.44
1 Alaska 571,951.26
2 Texas 261,797.12
3 California 155,959.34
4 Montana 145,552.43
5 New Mexico 121,355.53
6 Arizona 113,634.57
7 Nevada 109,825.99

Rank by Water Area Rank State Water Area (square miles)
All United States 256,644.62
1 Alaska 91,316.00
2 Michigan 39,912.28
3 Florida 11,827.77
4 Wisconsin 11,187.72
5 Louisiana 8,277.85
6 California 7,736.23
7 New York 7,342.22
8 Minnesota 7,328.79
9 Texas 6,783.
www.ipl.org...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Trigger warning: poster Narcobuddha has opinions about the behavior of Californians that don't jive with Californians.

I'll be sure to throw up this disclaimer next time to avoid any arguments, misunderstandings, or undue stress to Californians.

The vast majority of Californians came from other states...to make a better life.

www.nytimes.com...
edit on 27-9-2017 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Yeah. Better life. But let's not forget:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join