It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California preparing for Nuclear War

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I’m in California and I’ve yet to meet anyone who is preparing for an attack...

Maybe it’s because Californians are smart enough to not believe in fairy tales of the boogeyman.
edit on 25-9-2017 by TheLotLizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: misskat1

Nuking California would ensure Kim of his own demise.

The fat little sh#t-stain may be crazy, but he ain't stupid.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLotLizard

Dude!

They didn't TELL you?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Maybe it’s because Californians are smart enough to not believe in fairy tales of the boogeyman.

In Cali too. Close enough to the Capitol with two children under 4. California isn't preparing for anything.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   
So if a nuke is launched towards US, we would know about it as it happens and be able to neutralize the actual missile, right? What are the chances of one actually getting through our defenses?

I just googled out of curiosity

The U.S. launches a test missile off of California to show it can 'defend against attacks'

How to Stop a Nuclear Missile

What to do if attack occurs

So we can launch defense from Cali, what about from a ship parked offshore of NK? Wouldn't that be best, to zap it as it is launched? Maybe we do have that, I don't know enough about these things.

edit on 2amf30112430 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

In Cali too. Close enough to the Capitol with two children under 4. California isn't preparing for anything.

Lol right I travel between San Francisco and Redding. More people are complain about how to protect themselves from homeless individuals which is a real threat than if NK will magically shoot a missile and make it to America.

What do they think the military is going to do? Wait and just watch it travel 10 hours flying through the air twiddling their thumbs and say were doomed?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

originally posted by: Jiggly
only good thing about this is cali is in their nuke range...

better off without cali

You sure told em! Yea let millions of your co countryfolk die. Guess you have no family or friends there and screw the people that do? You do realize Cali is the biggest contributor to GDP right? You do realize all of Cali are not leftist, right?
You do realize Hollyweird is not the only city in Cali, right?

You got trolled.

Sorry

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:03 PM
link   
QUICK!
Find a DESK to hide under!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I'm concerned that Kim might decide to launch a missile towards Fukushima.

Someone said they believe Kim is nuts but not stupid. However, if he gets painted into a corner and feels there is no way ut,l he'd have nothing to lose by unleashing everything he's got.

Trump's "They won't be around much longer" rhetoric isn't helping any.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

better off without cali

You must be some kind of moron, and honestly, I have NEVER called anyone a moron on ATS. What the hell is wrong with you, wishing our OWN civilians get nuked by a foreign nation just because you get your little feelings hurt by some democrats?

If I were the owner of this site, you would have been insta-banned for this shining example of stupidity.

Did you see the number of stars he received? I think we know who the traitors are on this thread...believe me.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

I wonder if the U.S. can defend against a ship-based nuclear weapon? One that explodes 100 miles west of San Francisco.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

better off without cali

You're not better off without me. And I'm in CA.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

Trump's "They won't be around much longer" rhetoric isn't helping any.

Kim Jong has threatened several countries, many times. Our President threatens him, and Kim calls it a declaration of war. Go figure...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I wonder if the U.S. can defend against a ship-based nuclear weapon? One that explodes 100 miles west of San Francisco.

You mean like a land-attack cruise missile fired from a container ship?

This reminds me of Joel Rosenberg's book "Dead Heat."

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

better off without cali

What a POS thing to say. Are you an American??? If so where are you???

Cali is one of the most productive States in this Nation. We have the 7th largest economy in the World. We produce a major part of all the food you eat and so much more you just take for granted.

But I'm curious what kind of person is f*cked up enough to actually hope for a certain state to get hit. Millions of people here and that's your comment.
edit on 25-9-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Hey kids, back when I was a boy we knew what to do.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I remember the good old days when I was in elementary school in the early 70's. Every now and then we'd have "duck and cover" drills where we'd get on the floor, crouch down underneath our desks and cover our heads.

Like that would protect us if we were anywhere near a nuke blast.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Damn you're old.

LOL

(Just kidding)

You know there is something wrong with society when it develops Nukes before cell phones and video games.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: dianajune

originally posted by: carewemust

You mean like a land-attack cruise missile fired from a container ship?

This reminds me of Joel Rosenberg's book "Dead Heat."

The New York Times was blasted by the CIA Director for leaking contents of a Top Secret document. The leak was that spy satellites spotted North Korea loading a missile onto a ship.

But more likely is what a warfare expert said during a radio interview last week. His biggest concern is that North Korea would detonate a Thermo Nuclear device onboard a ship, 100 or so miles off the West Coast of the U.S.. The radiation would be carried by the westerlies into CA/OR/WA, killing all who didn't evacuate, and leave that part of the U.S. uninhabitable for many years.

Apparently, that's an easy way to strike the U.S. and hurt more people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join