It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Revolution

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:38 AM
link   
We could discuss various examples like the Baghdad battery, but for all intents and purposes, Id like to focus on the more recent era.

Over the course of the last 200 years, we have seen a multitude of energy solutions and discoveries.

From Benjamin Franklin to Nikola Tesla, science has led us in a direction of amazing achievement, achievements that generally, hopefully, improve the lives of people and our society as a unit.

Obviously, there are debated drawbacks. Fossil fuels remain a big part of electricity generation, including transportation. Notwithstanding, by-products of fossil fuels and debated effects. We can argue about climate effects forever, this isnt about that.

This thread is about the current "energy paradigm."

We all know how it works. Electricity comes from big local utilities/electrical companies. You turn your lights on, run your fridge, you get a nice bill every month.

Simple.

However, questions arise.

Is this system efficient? Is it reliable?

To a degree, yes. However, we have issues when it comes to disasters, and other circumstances that lead to problems with electricity production and providing it.

Californians remember the rolling black out times, Fukushima is frightening to many, and our friends in Puerto Rico are struggling with power loss this very day.

Now, bear with me. Say you discovered something. Invented something....

Not only does it provide 100% emission/pollution free energy, but the generator could be produced for a totally reasonable cost. Virtually any home, business, municipality, could be outfitted with the invention.

Even cars and trains.

What would you do?

Fear the seemingly inevitable "suicide" from a bullet to the back of the head?

Would you try to out smart the arguably corrupt system?

Would you bury the hatchet, so-to-speak, and forget all about it?

What would you do, if you discovered and invented the modern day, revolutionary energy solution?

Have a good week, and thanks for reading.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I would go to third world countries first. Get the manufacturing up to speed and sell a zillion before I ever attempted to crack the monopoly and legal B.S. I would face in more civilized countries.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: CreationBro

If I invented such a system, I would, upon finalising the design, and proving not only the concept, but the practical application, make the devices construction and arrangement within a homes power system, utterly open sourced, so that any goober with an electrical tester screw driver, and a wiring diagram for his or her home, could fit one themselves (or more properly, get their correctly qualified electrician to fit it for them).

I would perhaps start a patreon or gofundme, so that anyone who fancied to donate something for my time could, but I would not charge a penny for the information pertaining to the objects construction, or any license to construct it, in any nation on the face of the world.

A totally distributed power production paradigm, requiring no big corporate structure, billing, or grid to speak of, is something I believe would go an awfully long way to saving the human species from itself. Such things are to be done for their own sake, not because one might feather ones own nest by the doing of them.

I would, however, make some units myself, and charge people a fee for my time in building each one sold. But only for the labour, not the intellectual property.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The only way IMHO is to open source it immediately, because you will not get a patent.
You might get a sell out from the big players, but mostly you will be never heard of again.

Open source it, spread it. Give it your name though.
Then you might get the acknowledgement an can make a living as the inventor who saved the world..

But first spread it like wildfire!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The problem with this "solution" is getting even low rate initial production up and going will take 10x as long as here minimum in places where by virtue of being so poor etc an outsider would be easily spotted his plans ascertained and his death or disappearance carried out before you even signed a building lease

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
The only way IMHO is to open source it immediately, because you will not get a patent.
You might get a sell out from the big players, but mostly you will be never heard of again.

Open source it, spread it. Give it your name though.
Then you might get the acknowledgement an can make a living as the inventor who saved the world..

But first spread it like wildfire!

Spot on!

Get it out there before the overlords can stop it. The people who control the energy, are not to kind to competition. We could name a few here but lets assume we all have some groups in mind.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

If I invented such a system, I would, upon finalising the design, and proving not only the concept, but the practical application, make the devices construction and arrangement within a homes power system, utterly open sourced, so that any goober with an electrical tester screw driver, and a wiring diagram for his or her home, could fit one themselves (or more properly, get their correctly qualified electrician to fit it for them).

I would perhaps start a patreon or gofundme, so that anyone who fancied to donate something for my time could, but I would not charge a penny for the information pertaining to the objects construction, or any license to construct it, in any nation on the face of the world.

A totally distributed power production paradigm, requiring no big corporate structure, billing, or grid to speak of, is something I believe would go an awfully long way to saving the human species from itself. Such things are to be done for their own sake, not because one might feather ones own nest by the doing of them.

I would, however, make some units myself, and charge people a fee for my time in building each one sold. But only for the labour, not the intellectual property.

You're practically a saint, aren't you?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

God no...

I like the Rum too much to be one of those. But I do want the world tomorrow, to be a better place than it will be when I go to bed tonight.

You cannot expect that, if every advancement is only available to those who already have comfort.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

What would you do, if you discovered and invented the modern day, revolutionary energy solution?

The reason alternative energy inventions don't revolutionize the world is because there are none. But if there were, the Corporate Monopoly would buy the rights and bury them.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The reason alternative energy inventions don't revolutionize the world is because there are none. But if there were, the Corporate Monopoly would buy the rights and bury them.

Hydrogen power has been out there viable for a long, long time. I have brought up the Hydrogen on Demand Car many times here on ATS that a college designed 25 years ago or more that was engineered by the school and built for them by Nissan of N A. Largely ignored it still wins 1st place for best working model as recently as two years ago. They the big corp's won't build it yet. We will see the fuel cell before we see the car that school built. The same school went across the US on one gal of gas in a Solar/hybrid two or three years back. We all heard about it in the news and that one isn't scheduled to be built either.

Hydrogen power would mean you could pull up to a pond and fill up. TPTB can't have you having that kind of freedom.

One of these damn football players should catch a case of the ass over that!

edit on 25-9-2017 by Justoneman because: Fix it

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Errors done so far by inventors with "cheap, endless, renewable energy for low costs":

- no demonstrations publicly available. I would power my home, my town (via agreement with local net provider). Look at my energy, LOOK AT IT! SEE ITS SOURCE!

- wanting money without proof of concept. Build a working micro-powerstation.

- document, patent and then open-source most of it, if not all. ALL in opensource would be communism, do you want that?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
So tell us CreationBro... what did you invent?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Sound waves are the key to generating " free energy " imho.

2p

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: 23432
Sound waves are the key to generating " free energy " imho.

2p

Magnets are another clue to the puzzle and in fact are used in speakers to create sound. And it works in reverse too, magnets can be set to capture sound.

edit on 25-9-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
What would you do?

Fear the seemingly inevitable "suicide" from a bullet to the back of the head?

Would you try to out smart the arguably corrupt system?

Would you bury the hatchet, so-to-speak, and forget all about it?

There are four companies or efforts that fit your description. Each has the potential to replace fossil fuels as the primary energy source for humanity.

1. Brillouin Energy

This privately owned and financed company has been working on a cold fusion solution for many years. They have partnered with SRI for doing real science in confirming the results. They have strong commitment in doing real science. Their business model is to replace coal boilers for producing electricity. In California, there are many coal burning electric plants that are shut down for environmental reasons. Brillouin is also not interested in manufacturing. Brillouin has partnered with several other companies who will manufacture something providing licensing
fees to Brillouin. Before you dismiss these guys as junk science they really seem to me to be doing this the right way. Here's the latest results from SRI:

Isoperibolic Hydrogen Hot Tube Reactor Studies

To our knowledge, this is the first time in the LENR field that an independent examination of an entity’s reactor, i.e. Brillouin’s IPB HHT, is clearly demonstrating the production of a verifiable and repeatable LENR heat output with positive COPs, which are consistently initiated and uninitiated on command using system design control mechanisms.

Here's a really good animation describing what LENR and how it works:

THE QUANTUM REACTION HYPOTHESIS

One of the most intriguing things I've read about Brillouin Energy is Godes's discover of the half-life of Helium-4 as he describes it in his paper on the electron capture reaction:

Electron Capture Reaction

Why didn’t any one else go down this path? Actually several people did, but the first three pieces of information on the decay of 4 H that someone is likely to find will, in most cases, stop them from digging further into the National Nuclear Data Center (NNDC) or further pursuit on this path. The reward for further digging is finding the information shown in an excerpt from the paper “Data from Energy Levels of Light Nuclei A=4” in the next section. This data shows that if it were possible to produce 4 H at an energy level below 3.53MeV, it would likely undergo β¯ decay and yield 17 to 20MeV of energy depending on the mass of 4 H. However all the data in the NNDC is collected from high-energy physics experiments

Godes is claiming 4-H was never studied because it was not measurable with high-energy physics experiments. And Godes is claiming 4-H is the primary energy producing reaction with cold fusion. It's a very intriguing discussion.

2. Brilliant Light Power

I'm listing this one only because Mills never goes away. Mills has invented changes to the standard model in Physics to explain the source of his energy production. Either Mills is the greatest scientist ever or he's the best charlatan ever. Given how much money Mills has fleeced investors I'm kind of jealous. Mills is some kind of genius it's just at this point we do not know what type. At least with Brillouin Energy the cold fusion physics described by Godes does not require changes to the standard model.

3. The German Wendelstein 7-X stellarator

This may be the greatest feat of engineering ever created by man. The 7-X could only be designed using the most advanced computers. The parts used in building the 7-X were could only be created using computers. I cannot emphasize enough how amazing an engineering feat the 7-x is:

December of last year the 7-X was fired up for the first time. This was like the Wright Flyer moment in 1903. In a very short time airplane technology advanced extremely fast. I believe stellarator technology in 20 years will be just amazing now that people know it is possible.

4. Motlen Salt nuclear reactors

India and China are spending billions on molten salt nuclear reactors. There are very good reasons why. WIth molten salt nuclear reactor, you don't need a large building. The Chinese are working on molten salt nuclear reactors the size of a shipping container. Just imagine any town can order their own molten salt nuclear reactor and the container shows up and you just turn it on to power ran entire city. Unlike traditional nuclear reactors, thorium fuel is everywhere and really cheap. To mine uranium costs about the same as mining platinum. Mining thorium costs about the same as mining lead. Thorium is EVERYWHERE. Here's a really good presentation on molten salt nuclear reactors proposed to be used on a moon base or mars base:

Kirk Sorensen Ted talk on Thorium

The history behind molten salt nuclear reactors is fascinating.

There may be others but these are the ones I am aware of. I would put my bet on China succeeding first because they have the largest number and best engineers in the world right now. China also has the worst pollution problems and the most energy needs.

I hope this is a good response to you OP.

edit on 25-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Put it on the webz....FOR FREE

No adds no signups...... No nothing!!!!

Place it everywere
Forums, FaceBook, Twitter, Snapchat, EVERYWERE!!

Put a site up on tor....

Make it IMPOSSIBLE to miss.....

Reason for my suggestions:
You will NEVER!!! be able to make it into a patent
You will NEVER!!! be able to make MONEY on it...

Never!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

None of these except molten salt reactors
are viable...

If it works and are a threat to
mainstream energy it will die....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Miccey

I would not underestimate the Chinese or the Indians.

You are not at all intrigued by this statement:

To our knowledge, this is the first time in the LENR field that an independent examination of an entity’s reactor, i.e. Brillouin’s IPB HHT, is clearly demonstrating the production of a verifiable and repeatable LENR heat output with positive COPs, which are consistently initiated and uninitiated on command using system design control mechanisms.

edit on 25-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Miccey

I would not underestimate the Chinese or the Indians.

You are not at all intrigued by this statement:

The problem is there are viable options now. dfn is right about the people at the top putting it down. It will have to go viral. Meanwhile, the internet laws are set to tighten... Let's hope this stuff sinks in soon that there are options but the little man can't get it started. We might get a real scientist/inventor type to get it out for consumption.

here is one just waiting on the public to find it

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Microwave Space based Power Transmission would be the best solution at the moment.

Even though I support Nuclear Power 100%, it's not going to happen on a large enough scale, because of....*trying not to insult people* certain activist type people that are similar to anti-vaccination types.

However a Space based Solar Microwave relay to beam back to Earth is fully doable right now and it provides an enormous amount of energy, and could be the stop gap middle technology while we work out the Fusion tech.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join