It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy Revolution

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: MuonToGluon
Microwave Space based Power Transmission would be the best solution at the moment.

Even though I support Nuclear Power 100%, it's not going to happen on a large enough scale, because of....*trying not to insult people* certain activist type people that are similar to anti-vaccination types.

However a Space based Solar Microwave relay to beam back to Earth is fully doable right now and it provides an enormous amount of energy, and could be the stop gap middle technology while we work out the Fusion tech.

Now, now. the debate on Vaccines is still open. The fact that not all vaccines pass muster would be the only reason. Polio worked but so many people project a certain god like characteristic to the vaccine manufactures and some demonize them. It is safe to say, some people have true story's about death and vaccines. FORTUNATELY, that is not the majority of us experiencing side affects.

100% behind a Thorium reactor like TVA built. It wouldn't need hydrocarbons is a major reason why we haven't got that now as our power sources.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Miccey

I would not underestimate the Chinese or the Indians.

You are not at all intrigued by this statement:

To our knowledge, this is the first time in the LENR field that an independent examination of an entity’s reactor, i.e. Brillouin’s IPB HHT, is clearly demonstrating the production of a verifiable and repeatable LENR heat output with positive COPs, which are consistently initiated and uninitiated on command using system design control mechanisms.

Nope
Would there be ANY excitement about it....
Everyone would know about it...

ANY, device that can produce CHEAP viable power IS
topnews... And i havnt heard anything, and i try to
stay ontop of these kind of topics....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Miccey

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: Miccey

I would not underestimate the Chinese or the Indians.

You are not at all intrigued by this statement:

To our knowledge, this is the first time in the LENR field that an independent examination of an entity’s reactor, i.e. Brillouin’s IPB HHT, is clearly demonstrating the production of a verifiable and repeatable LENR heat output with positive COPs, which are consistently initiated and uninitiated on command using system design control mechanisms.

Nope
Would there be ANY excitement about it....
Everyone would know about it...

ANY, device that can produce CHEAP viable power IS
topnews... And i havnt heard anything, and i try to
stay ontop of these kind of topics....

Maybe a catch up for you here then.

www.businessinsider.com...

ETA

Looks like i can stop my bitching about not making one. The future's so bright we got to were shades!
edit on 25-9-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

You do understand that the hydrogen still has to be produced and that takes ( at least with conventional methods ) a lot of energy as well.

On the bright side: If we could produce enough hydrogen with solar, wind, or water e.d. power, it would be an environmental improvement and energy storage. Although storing hydrogen has a few problems as wel., the knowledge is available.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
And i said CHEAP.....

I could probly build a hydrogengen and
have some electricity that way...But my
govmnt wouldnt like it...

But as i said, ANY device that produce CHEAP
and VIABLE power is TOPNEWS.
The cars you show are NOT in the least cheap.

And i wouldnt be surprised if 5 years after release
they find something like VW nastystuff...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

You do understand that the hydrogen still has to be produced and that takes ( at least with conventional methods ) a lot of energy as well.

On the bright side: If we could produce enough hydrogen with solar, wind, or water e.d. power, it would be an environmental improvement and energy storage. Although storing hydrogen has a few problems as wel., the knowledge is available.

No, perhaps it is you who doesn't understand, and no offense. It is pretty simple. You take water and use the Electrolysis technique to separate H2 from O2. Burn the H2 and it recombines with O2 to make water exhaust with some NO2 from burning in a Nitrogen-Oxygen environment.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

And i said CHEAP.....

I could probly build a hydrogengen and
have some electricity that way...But my
govmnt wouldnt like it...

Bingo!

That is my take as an Environmental Chemist. I have the school's car to refresh my memory on what they did to hold it back for a long, long time.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Probably... Distribute the information in an encrypted file throughout the internet and hype the hell out of it before releasing the password to millions around the world on a specified date.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Probably... Distribute the information in an encrypted file throughout the internet and hype the hell out of it before releasing the password to millions around the world on a specified date.

^^
That

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: CreationBro

What would you do, if you discovered and invented the modern day, revolutionary energy solution?

The reason alternative energy inventions don't revolutionize the world is because there are none. But if there were, the Corporate Monopoly would buy the rights and bury them.

At the time when cars only did 20 miles/gallon, one guy proposed that he had a way of improving fuel efficiency to 35 miles/gallon by mixing and heating the fuel in the carburettor before sending it to the combustion chambers of the engine block. The car companies ignored him and claimed his idea was extremely dangerous.

Then after the government demanded that the car makers reduce pollution by preventing unused fuel from getting into the exhaust systems, they introduced electronic fuel ignition controls, catalytic converters, improved engine block designs through CFD modeling (to improve fuel air mixing and heating) ... and then achieved the same fuel efficiency as the original inventor. Now the car makers are moving over to electric and electric hybrid cars.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It would be cool if we could figure out a system for wireless energy to replace the electrical grid. I'm not physics savvy enough to know if this is feasible but it may be possible in the future to power buildings using entanglement or quantum teleportation. The Chinese have teleported an information packet to space recently www.space.com... so this isn't completely science fiction.

If we could figure out how to do teleportation or entanglement on a mass scale then we could use it as an energy source. You could have some sort of box on your house that receives teleportation from a main power plant. The main power plant would probably do something with lasers near absolute zero temperatures which is how they do it now. This could entangle or teleport some particles inside of the box and could be used to harness energy to run the power in the building.

Everyone always says that energy systems like this would be suppressed because they can't make money from it. With this concept, there would still be a main power plant and people would have to pay to use it probably. The big corporations would drown out the competition. It would be over priced and if you didn't pay your power bill, the man would come and shut down or take away the energy receiver. But either way, it would be cool if we could figure something out like this or high speed wireless internet that is available anywhere on earth. It's seems easier to teleport information than energy.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I can't tell what's fake or not anymore, but try Youtube and search "magnet motor."

Youtube Magnet Motor

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

a reply to: dfnj2015

None of these except molten salt reactors
are viable...

If it works and are a threat to
mainstream energy it will die....

Not so fast. one of our weapons companies is testing a fusion reactor right now. its waiting for corporate america to foot the bill and invest in it. means we already have one in the black world right now operating.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   
The cool kids are using Blockchain these days! Just saying.

Look at the energy ideas that flared up then went quiet with scarcely a peep heard.

1 - Graphene [insert many different devices here]

That started with a low cost, energy efficient light bulb. Was all set to hit the market when a patent battle ensued. One of the contenders ran off to Hong Kong. Fears of the Chinese having a world changing, energy disrupting technology that the whole world would purchase means (groan! Sorry for it...) the light bulb will never see the light of day.

If a graphene battery every hits the market I'd be surprised. Or a graphene based supercapacitor. Each would be faster charging, last longer, and not explode. It would also kill almost all reason to charge so much for electricity. Not to mention Elon Musk and his li-ion empire of dirt.

You can add others too. Like a graphene based electric cables (zero resistance, only uses the amount of energy required, cheap to manufacture). Or transmission antennae. Graphene can convert a signal to an electric current and go back again which would make an effective broadcast device (they are called rectennae [insert Uranus joke here; groan again! Sorry!]).

2 - Room temperature superconductor. If this comes out too quickly, then all the money already invested in power generation and distribution becomes worthless. It is something like 12% of the energy sent down a high tension wire is loss due to resistance (heat). Imagine that. Swapping over would give you 10% more energy available right off the bat! Now imagine solar and/or wind turbines hooked up. You can see the death of oil right there.

3 - Grid level energy storage. They are called redox flow batteries (RFB. I have a thread out there on them). These were scaling up for use this year then... crickets. Nothing news worthy for months. There is a multi-national company called UET who have vanadium RFB ready to make in shipping containers. The industry is not buying them for some reason. They are now getting a 10 year insurance policy on them now! Still, the people making energy seem more inclined on making money than they do on providing reliable electricity.

4 - Nuclear fusion reactor. If you look at the history of fusion it is a straight line growth rate. That is until we hit the 1990s. Then it completely leveled out. The reason given is superconductor tech was not up to snuff. You need a strong enough magnetic field to keep the nuclear fusion plasma from touching the container walls. The stronger the magnets the smaller you can make your reactor. Remember Lockheed's compact fusion reactor announcement? They envision a 15 Tesla magnetic field strength. If you google Lockheed's T-4 reactor one of the returns is, "Lockheed's reactor is 100 times bigger..." well, it because the idiots at the "study" made a T-4 on paper with 5 T coils and twice as much power output over Lockheed's original design. Yup, it is bigger because you didn't build it to specs! Put the 15 T coils back in and a rough guesstimate looks spot on! But where is Lockheed on their results?? They should have had a proof of concept model by now. But once again... crickets.

There is an energy revolution underway. Hell, probably already over with. But all we get is, "Pay you bill like good sheep so we can make money". Japan says they have a room temp superconductor formula. Lockheed says they have a fusion device (why are all the air ships getting lasers? Why does the navy have a rail gun? Those need electricity to operate). Harvard said they have a cheap, organic, RFB electrolyte that they can make in "about a decade", no wait! "5 years"! Well, don't worry because they went silent too.

Now back to work you sheep so the masters can earn their money! Golden parachutes don't make themselves!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

lockheed is playing for time. their true version is th esize of a small truck bed if built to the actual specs. Its not crickets in the Black world though. its only those in white world right now. Got to power those dadelus class starships somehow right?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Flangers set on "stun"!

It was funny when the topic come up in one the threads and everybody forgot how to speak English!

Figured they already had one operational. Funny how Lockheed also has a brand of RFBs. Wonder why they would need those? Hehe.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

What would you do, if you discovered and invented the modern day, revolutionary energy solution?

The reason alternative energy inventions don't revolutionize the world is because there are none. But if there were, the Corporate Monopoly would buy the rights and bury them.

At the time when cars only did 20 miles/gallon, one guy proposed that he had a way of improving fuel efficiency to 35 miles/gallon by mixing and heating the fuel in the carburettor before sending it to the combustion chambers of the engine block. The car companies ignored him and claimed his idea was extremely dangerous.

Then after the government demanded that the car makers reduce pollution by preventing unused fuel from getting into the exhaust systems, they introduced electronic fuel ignition controls, catalytic converters, improved engine block designs through CFD modeling (to improve fuel air mixing and heating) ... and then achieved the same fuel efficiency as the original inventor. Now the car makers are moving over to electric and electric hybrid cars.

That idea was working on a prototype too.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell

And in a bright and glorious future not so distant we wont
be using money anymore...Or any other mean to measure
value....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Hydrogen power has been out there viable for a long, long time.

100,000 price tag. They don't run on pond water either. You have to 'gas up' and hydrogen tanks are dangerous...

Solar is fine if you don't have to go to fast too far, during the day.

Problem is the size of solar panels prohibit running full time on straight energy conversion, batteries are required . The storage capacity is limited by the extra weight of batteries vs. available energy stored in those batteries.

So, charging for hours, driving for hours, charging, driving.

Lots of rest stops.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro

What would you do?

Fear the seemingly inevitable "suicide" from a bullet to the back of the head?

Would you try to out smart the arguably corrupt system?

Would you bury the hatchet, so-to-speak, and forget all about it?

Like others have said: would give it all away for free, as quickly and widely as possible.

Wouldn't want to get targeted, nor let it fall into the the hands of the scumbag bastards of big-oil, and similar anti-human corporations.

Model T: 40 MPG?

(Note: the originally reported MPG of the Ford Model T was 21-26 MPG).

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join