It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Grambler
Again I pint out.

Remember, Steve clevenger was suspended from his MLB team for saying blm and rioters were a bunch of animals that needed locked up.

Where were all of these people screaming about his rights?

Not a peep. Its only speech they care about that they will defend.

www.seattletimes.com...

This is gonna backfire huge. I am a huge football fan my whole life. Have always loved the NFL but I wont be watching another game.

They have made everything in this country about politics I am sick to efffing death of it.

And also what about the high school coach that was fired for praying after games? Where is the uproar about him?

Was he working for a public high school?

Yes.. Quite the story if you ask me.

hen Kennedy kneeled and prayed on the fifty-yard line immediately after games while in view of students and parents, he spoke as a public employee, not as a private citizen, and his speech therefore was constitutionally unprotected," the 9th Circuit wrote

So I dont see any difference they are employees using a platform to condition children they should be fired.

www.foxnews.com...
edit on 24-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This whole thing is stupid.
All of this is stupid.

These people are paid millions to play a game.
Put your money where your knee is.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Not different.

The court disagrees with your opinion. Thank you

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Grambler

Maybe Trump should tweet something about it.

Nah, no need.

Cnn, the nyt, ESPN and others are about to go on a coverage spree about how noble celevemger had his free speech taken away, so trump can sit this one out.

link   

It's all about pushing an agenda.

Making hatred for Trump trendy.

Hiding behind free expression to espouse partisan political ideologies.

(just a reminder, I also have the right to express my opinion
)

link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl

originally posted by: RomeByFire

a reply to: infolurker

I wonder how all those starving in Africa feel about these millionaire crybabies blabbering on and on about how racist America is.

Millionaire crybabies?

Yup, in other words, crybaby millionaires.

Your focus should be on the crybaby billionaires of Wall St and Big Pharma who "cry" daily to congress in the form of lobbying. But no, focus on the NFL, where the average salary is $1.9 million yearly (including the $25 million paid to typically a QB on each team).

We're in an NFL thread. I'm focusing on the topic at hand.

Point me to the Wall St and Big Pharma thread and I'll be happy to focus on that.

Sure you would.

So upset about crybaby millionaires.

As I said, I'm on topic in this thread. Point me to your thread or another talking about Wall St and Big Pharma. Where is it it?

As am I. Do you know what inequality is?

So you come into a thread on a topic, cry about people talking about the topic, bring up an entirely different topic, then when asked twice to link to threads on that other topic you fail to do so.

All I can take from that is you're posturing and don't care about the other topic. Where's your thread on it? For the third time.

I'll take it from that you don't have any clue what it is or what this thread is actually about. You think it's the players being babies and they make a lot of money. Seriously, you are clueless.

Title of thread: These are the NFL Teams Not Participating In The National Anthem

So I'd say it's about the NFL. You say it's about big Pharma and Wall St.

Doesn't appear that way in reality, does it? Then you project how much more important it is to care about Wall St and big Pharma. I'd imagine since those topics are so important to you that you'd have thread on them. Cool thing is on ATS we have profiles. So I just looked at your profile to find your threads on these important topics. Well what do you know, you have two threads since 2013, one on Trump/immigration, another on the Paris Accord. I look down further, 4+ years ago and see stuff about bowling, laziness, "bad boy bubby", whatever that is.

I guess that's part of the reason you failed to answer three times to the request to provide a link to threads on the topics you care so much about.

Still no clue what inequality is? Keep looking.

And yes, I left ATS in 2013 and came back about a month ago. Thanks for pointing it out -and if you don't know what Bad Boy Bubby is that's your loss.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

He seems to be fully onboard with that agenda. He sure makes it easy.

link   

originally posted by: Spider879

a reply to: infolurker

I wonder how all those starving in Africa feel about these millionaire crybabies blabbering on and on about how racist America is.

And what do "some" starving Africans got to do with American racism, police and judicial misconduct???... Ugh silly me , off course they're BLaaaACK!!!!
BTW Colin Kaepernick is very much involved in helping out Somalians and others in drought affected areas in east Africa, he is also involved in meals on wheels in the states, I bet if you took the time to look up what some of these sports figures are doing with their undeserved wealth.. Maybe you wouldn't bother making a smug azzed post.

Steph Curry cares so much about fighting injustice and being anti-Trump, he does a cooking channel with his wife and golfs a lot.

His teammate Keven Durant cares so much about fighting injustice and being anti-Trump, he used his spare time to make fake instagram accounts and troll fans with racist and sexist remarks.

I for one am incredibly impressed with the dedication of these two to fight injustice.
edit on 24-9-2017 by MysticPearl because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

there's a glaring difference between referring to people as animals and saying no words but kneeling.

but the technicalities and strawman are what you make a living off....
calling racial epithets or racially motivated slurs are in fact against code of conduct on most if not all professional teams.

the NFL simply states players 'should' stand for the anthem, injuries or other conditions not withstanding, it's not a 'must'
kneeling nor against the code of conduct or the NFL system of guidelines.

Calling rioters animals is a racial epithet?

But kneeling because cops and the country is racist is ok?

But much like the kneelers, i guess everything is racist to you too.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

He seems to be fully onboard with that agenda. He sure makes it easy.

*shrug*

You are free to think so.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Not different.

Where the eff is a court ruling on NFL players? I think the court ruling says they cant do that as employees did you even read it?

edit on 24-9-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Again I pint out.

Remember, Steve clevenger was suspended from his MLB team for saying blm and rioters were a bunch of animals that needed locked up.

www.seattletimes.com...

This is gonna backfire huge. I am a huge football fan my whole life. Have always loved the NFL but I wont be watching another game.

They have made everything in this country about politics I am sick to efffing death of it.

And also what about the high school coach that was fired for praying after games? Where is the uproar about him?

www.foxnews.com...

So you'd be ok if he was a muslim praying to Allah?

Regardless, no. He can work at a Catholic private school if he wishes too.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Hiding behind free expression to espouse partisan political ideologies.

(just a reminder, I also have the right to express my opinion
)

I share that opinion.

Look how just on this thread people are falling all over the elves to show why all of the free speech arguments and all of the arguments being used to glorify the kneelers shouldn't apply to clevenger.

Now saying blm rioters are animals is racist.

But saying cops racistly target black people to shoot is great awesome speech.

It's all an agenda to clebrate speech they like, and silence those they don't.

And any chance to demonize trump is a bonus.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: DancedWithWolves

He has every right to say it. His employer is also free to divest themselves of the association with someone who demumanizes his targets.

A few employers out here would appreciate a little divestment of the S.O.B spouting President. He too is a liability and an embarrassment.

Peace

Exactly the point.

The employers decided it would be bad for business.

This isn't about free speech for all of those screaming about trump, it's not about heroically standing up for something.

Its not a first amendment issue.

Its about people that support the protest supporting it, and those against it not liking it.

And it shows that all of those, particularly in the sports media world, that are claiming to just want to protect noble people using their platform to voice their opinions are hypocrites.

No, no, no.
We will stand up for your right to say it. We're not guaranteeing a positive response.

Bringing other's over to that way of thinking, no that's on the seller.

If what you are protesting sucks as an issue and nobody else agrees, you aren't getting a protester parade.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ColoradoJens

Well then you, as a real history buff, would know that until a certain racial team member spiked the first Football in the 60's, that whenever a player would cross the end zone they would take the football and place it at the feet of the Ref, hence where the term "touchdown" came from. Later they would hand it to the Ref and then that one faithful football game in a fit of self adulation this young man was the first to spike the ball and draw attention to himself.

And I call bull on your googled factoid though. I have watched football (TV made it easier) for 50 plus years, and every time the National Anthem was to be played or performed the announcer would ask "everyone" that included all the Players, to stand for the "National Anthem", and that is way before 2009.

edit on 24-9-2017 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

link   
I'm not at all sure why professional sports players are allowed by their teams to make personal/political statements... on a national platform.

So, why aren't pro players allowed to advertise products?

I'm all for expressing your freedom of speech ON YOUR OWN TIME. But my god... These teams and the NFL are risking their entire brand for allowing players to express their personal opinions on TV. Good luck there, NFL.

Get politics out of entertainment!!!!!! (It's not entertaining at all)

This is not about the message with me. It's about the delivery.

link   

Again I pint out.

www.seattletimes.com...

www.foxnews.com...

So you'd be ok if he was a muslim praying to Allah?

Regardless, no. He can work at a Catholic private school if he wishes too.

Yes. Especially if he was doing it silently? why the eff would anyone care?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Not different.

Where the eff is a court ruling on NFL players? I think the court ruling says they cant do that as employees did you even read it?

The football players are not government employees nor are they making a religious statement.

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
It's kind of funny seeing people who supposedly champion free speech vowing to boycott the NFL in hopes of silencing the players protest.

This couldn't have worked better. The players of one of the most popular sports in America have exposed the glaring hypocrisy in a huge chunk of the population, with one move. Bravo.

And right on to everyone who sat out the anthem or took a knee today. I applaud you for not letting a politician bully you into doing something against your conscience.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Zarniwoop

it is called hypocrisy in ethics.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join