It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
a reply to: Gryphon66

You actually quoted where he said blacks are 20 percent less likely to be shot.

I mentioned in my post that he says that it is insignificant, but that still shows there is no racial bias in police shootings of unarmed blacks.

I addressed your other "study" which was a person's blog, and how among other things he says the study is flawed because the logs that freter viewed from Houston were written by racist cops, something he shows no proof of.

Yes I quoted the paper. So glad you got to read what was actually said finally. Actually it’s 23.8 percent but why bother with facts.

You know that prior to this you’ve been quoting the converse of this stat that Whites are 20% more likely to be shot. That is not his conclusion nor is it his statement.

It’s not a “blog” it’s Feldman’s faculty page at Harvard. You continue to blatantly misrepsent the facts. That’s okay; I’ll be happy to keep correcting you.

edit on 24-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Grambler

You actually quoted where he said blacks are 20 percent less likely to be shot.

I mentioned in my post that he says that it is insignificant, but that still shows there is no racial bias in police shootings of unarmed blacks.

I addressed your other "study" which was a person's blog, and how among other things he says the study is flawed because the logs that freter viewed from Houston were written by racist cops, something he shows no proof of.

Yes I quoted the paper. So glad you got to read what was actually said finally. Actually it’s 23.8 percent but why bother with facts.

You know that prior to this you’ve been quoting the converse of this stat that Whites are 20% more likely to be shot. That is not his conclusion nor is it his statement.

It’s not a “blog” it’s Feldman’s faculty page at Harvard. You continue to blatantly misrepsent the facts. That’s okay; I’ll be happy to keep correcting you.

It literally says blog on the page.

Why would you claim otherwise?

scholar.harvard.edu...

The raw numbers did say whites were 20 something percent more likely to be shot.

Funny, earlier you were only concerned with the raw numbers of blacks that we're shot and not interested in the factors.

Now those factors matter.

Ok, again I said, he concludes no racial bias in shootings.

I have already discussed the problems with the blog you posted, you just ignored them.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm sure the 12 nascar fans angry about free speech and boycotting the nfl will have a huge impact.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: fencesitter85
I'm sure the 12 nascar fans angry about free speech and boycotting the nfl will have a huge impact.

They are too concerned about Duck Dynasty.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Is this Feldman’s faculty page at Harvard or not? I should have said not merely a blog, as you should have acknowledged that Feldman is not mere some kid using Wordpress.

You claimed repeatedly that Fryers study claimed that Whites are 20% more likely to be shot. That is not true and has not been true. Fryers paper states that HIS FINDINGS were that there is no statistically significant racial difference in the use of lethal force in HOUSTON.

So you’ve been misrepresenting the study’s actual quote and actual findings all along.

I’ll be glad to keep reminding you of the facts.

Do I need to embarrass you further by proving that you’re misrepresenting Feldman’s article as well?

Here’s what he said about relying on police narratives only (which is what Fryer did):

Even if the difference in the arrest vs. shooting groups could be accounted for, Fryer tries to control for these differences using variables in police reports, such as if the suspect was described as 'violently resisting arrest'. There is reason to believe that these police reports themselves are racially biased. An investigation of people charged with assaulting a police officer in Washington, DC found that this charge was applied disproportionately towards black residents even for situations in which no assault actually occurred. This was partly due to an overly broad definition of assault against police in DC law, but the principle - that police are likely to describe black civilians as more threatening - is applicable to other jurisdictions.

Stating that a report is racially biased is NOT claiming that the cops can’t be trusted because they are racists. You’re merely making it up as you go.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: noted

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

What about the Tim The Toolman show?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Home Improvement? That's Trump's fanboys in a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: amazing

What about the black communist?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Home Improvement? That's Trump's fanboys in a nutshell.

i find these childish comments from people interesting. have u ever in your life met anyone that u can slap a label on with any reliability of it being correct without actually knowing that person extremely well over a long period of time? constant labeling that im sure if applied to yourself youd be offended by and know just how wrong the label actually is, so what exactly is it that compels people to slap broad stroke labels on others time and time again? whats the real purpose cause we all know the labels are complete bs anyhow. is it just to stroke your ego by convincing yourself that the pointless drivel is clever while furthering a divide which goes against so much of the very agenda they supposedly fight for? when will people rise up and realize your fellow citizens that supposedly are on the other side of the aisle are actually sitting in the same boat with u and if we keep up this divide and conquer routine were going to drown in a pool of sewage that just keeps rising.
edit on 25-9-2017 by TheScale because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

i find these childish comments from people interesting.

Glad you find childish Trump's supporters comments interesting.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 01:07 AM
link   

i find these childish comments from people interesting.

Glad you find childish Trump's supporters comments interesting.

so your now a trump supporter eh? or can u not comprehend your own words and thoughts

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Have you ever in your life met the return/enter key on the keyboard? It's usually on the right side, just above the Shift key.

Aside from puling about being labelled and your armchair psychological analysis, did you have something to say on topic?
edit on 25-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
We all know that excessive police violence occurs regularly.Having stated that is the football field the place for these protests and should mansion dwelling millionaires be the messengers?I somehow doudt there's many unjustified police shootings in their gated communities.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
We all know that excessive police violence occurs regularly.Having stated that is the football field the place for these protests and should mansion dwelling millionaires be the messengers?I somehow doudt there's many unjustified police shootings in their gated communities.

Where is the place? Who should be the messengers? Are you only concerned about what happens in your community, rather than the State you live in or the nation at large?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

People often forget how many of these mansion dwellers pulled themselves out of a place that looks like Syria in the US.

Without proper nutrition in early childhood or regular guidance from parents in many cases. The fact that these players make it through college, even if with private tutors and such is incredible.

I watched the show on Jemeis Winston life and I doubt 1/8th of the population could have risen above the odds he faced as a child, sleeping in warehouses etc...

winston

Got to stay away from the pee being my favorite quote.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the thread.
Which statue is being torn down?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I will stand for the national anthem at every opportunity to protest black on white murders, black on white rapes, black on black violence, black on police violence, and single parent black families.

You know the real issues in the black community that not one of these privileged 1% dare address.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
I will stand for the national anthem at every opportunity to protest black on white murders, black on white rapes, black on black violence, black on police violence, and single parent black families.

You know the real issues in the black community that not one of these privileged 1% dare address.

Plenty of people address this.

And your understanding of the "real" issues comes from a pretty biased point of view.

edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

Plenty of people address this.

It needs to be repeated loudly and often.

These pampered professional victims false narrative needs to be called out.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

You sound ignorant of the reality.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join