It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 68
<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I'm sure you loved Tebow's action of disobeying Jesus' commandment not to pray in public;

Jesus missed this, he was too busy directing a field goal in the Cowboys/Packers game.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

The fact is a lot of NFL players have incredibly high iq's and literally pulled themselves out of the sewage to be where they are.

The owners and fellow players including guys like Tom Brady understand this after playing with a diverse group of people most will never have the opportunity to be around. How many people do you know raised in warehouses eating from dumpsters that became millionaires. Maybe some believe the natural gifts get people there and it's not the hard working American values at play bit I strongly disagree as a USA wrestling coach myself.

On another level a president should not interfere with commerce whatever party he is with.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Saw him at my eagles game too!!

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats
"Trump seems like a communist dictator. "Protest me and you will be ruined" is in essence what hes' saying here. "

No fake outrage from me. These are highly paid professionals. They have no more right to interject their beliefs in my sports that actors and actresses telling us about defense or medical issues.

No more NFL for me...I will turn to NASCAR and college football until the NFL gets it's act together...

From now on the NFL will be the "CFL"...'communist football league'. ANTIFA loves them...

Another guy who doesn't know what communism is. Gosh I hate having to say it because people say that to me. Kim Jong Un is an example of a genuine communist dictator.
Obama was as blustery as Trump. Don't you remember him droning American citizens abroad ? Don't you remember him supporting thugs yelling "white crackas"....my how our collective memory is short. Let me ask you something.... did the Occupy Wall Steet people obstruct commerce?You bet they tried. You know what else interferes with commerce? Forcing the public to support Big Pharna and purchase over priced insurance premiums.
edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

He was a one trick pony whose popularity was all but faded out ready to be cut. Now hes still with the niners when he could have been cut and replaced 2 yrs ago. His jersey is number one seller still too I think.

I bet he's gotten all kinds of endorsements engagement fees and the like since he started protesting.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
Saw him at my eagles game too!!

Giants fan says 'die'.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

The fact is a lot of NFL players have incredibly high iq's and literally pulled themselves out of the sewage to be where they are.

The owners and fellow players including guys like Tom Brady understand this after playing with a diverse group of people most will never have the opportunity to be around. How many people do you know raised in warehouses eating from dumpsters that became millionaires. Maybe some believe the natural gifts get people there and it's not the hard working American values at play bit I strongly disagree as a USA wrestling coach myself.

On another level a president should not interfere with commerce whatever party he is with.
Who is interfering with commerce? These players are by demanding a purely sports event cave on and devote time and money to promoting their particular protest of choice. Trump is trying to stop people from being unpatriotic to our country. These guys are kneeling against our national anthem not donating their own million dollar contracts for the benefit of others. Oh how unselfish these guys are.....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Trump is...

Your opinion of his intent is irrelevant.

He is also trying to supress the free speech of the NFL and it's owners.
edit on 25-9-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

None of what you posted has any bearing on this.
The players are on the field for the anthem as that is where the owners want them.

What the president did was ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
President should not be telling the Washington Redskins to change their name-our country has far bigger problems! FOCUS on them,not nonsense
9:09 AM - Oct 8, 2013

FOCUS🤔

North Korea’s foreign minister Ri Yong Ho just had a rare press conference outside the United Nations in New York. And it’s not great. The diplomat declared that the US has declared war on North Korea. And he stressed that he hopes the world remembers that it was the US who declared war first in the future.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ThirdEyeofHorus

Whatever Trump's intentions he certainly brought this issue to the forefront. It's being talked about. Talk about backfire. Bwahahahaha. Sure you'll have the ones that bask in the "Glory of Trump" being loud supporters. What you won't hear is the many that are leaving his camp. Don't blame them. I wouldn't want to be identified as one that put him where he is.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

What the president did may be illegal as trying to alter commerce, and trying to influence termination of employees. Both are against the law.

The owners have stood literally with the players.

They literally support the players. And trumps own donors, that are owners, are against him and probably won't donate again.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Just backing up your post ...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: wickd_waze

I think the person you are posting about is unemployed at this time.
He opted out of his contract and was not offered another.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Lol, I don't feel bad for you...there are no rings in my sacred house....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

What the president did may be illegal as trying to alter commerce, and trying to influence termination of employees. Both are against the law.

source please
specifically for a tweet being illegal

you MAY also win powerball ....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

I didn't say it was illegal. But it certainly walks the line. His tweets are official white house statents.

And it was in a speech as well.

I don't think they would bring charges so to speak but just another ethical tight rope walk.

He is turning out to be a Hilary Clinton imo.
18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

Just backing up your post ...

This is absolutely correct. There are a million more problems for trump to be dealing with than this.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I didn't say it was illegal. But it certainly walks the line. His tweets are official white house statents.

And it was in a speech as well.

I don't think they would bring charges so to speak but just another ethical tight rope walk.

He is turning out to be a Hilary Clinton imo.
18 U.S. Code § 227 - Wrongfully influencing a private entity’s employment decisions by a Member of Congress or an officer or employee of the legislative or executive branch

Speaking of anti-American, anti-free market ... what was Trump thinking???

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: wickd_waze

I think the person you are posting about is unemployed at this time.
He opted out of his contract and was not offered another.

And yet, he still gives more money to charities than Trump does.

new topics

top topics

<< 65  66  67    69  70  71 >>

join