It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 63
<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TheScale

Do you understand why it has "not allowed to ride a motorcycle"? Could it be, so he does not get injured? Many actors have similar clauses.

Can you show a contract that states "must sing, and stand for anthem"? IF so link it.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Do any of the contracts say "you must do whatever we tell you to do?" That would be a pretty funky contract.

That's a bit different from specifying community service (I'll take your word on it that they do).

edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well can we also compare right wing free speech rallies where violence is used to silence people to Rosa parks.

Rosa Parks was a violent protester?
edit on 24-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
let em protest on their own time not while they are at work.
you don`t take your car to a mechanic because you are interested in his political views, you take it to him because you want your car fixed.

If the NFL and the NFL players dislike the anthem being played why doesn`t the NFL just prohibit it from being played at NFL games?

since the anthem is being disrespected by the NFL and the only reason the NFL still allows it to be played is so that it can be disrespected, maybe congress or state governments could make it illegal for the anthem to be played at NFL games?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Well can we also compare right wing free speech rallies where violence is used to silence people to Rosa parks.

The patriot prayer group were violent protesters?

The Boston free speech rally were violent protesters?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

you don`t take your car to a mechanic because you are interested in his political views, you take it to him because you want your car fixed.

Do you watch a football game to watch guys standing still while the National Anthem plays?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

No, I asked about Rosa Parks. Was she a violent protester?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

At that particular moment, yes it was. She was tired and fed up. It was only after did her actions become iconic. Despite it all, she led a rather quite life and modest income. Was never visited very often by those that invoked her name regularly until very late in life.

Some Vietnam protests were stunts to get out class or to protest the status quo of campuses by disruption under the color of protesting the war. So yeah. As for Kent State, it is what people today relate to as a Vietnam protest.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

No, I asked about Rosa Parks. Was she a violent protester?

Well if you are not implying that free speech events that I discussed that could be likened to Rosa parks if the kneelers can, then that is a totally random question.

No Rosa parks wasn't violent.

I am sure we all knew that, so what is the point of this question?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I think Trump tried to exploit the racial component of the protest to placate his base and further his administrations agenda.
It blew up in his face when the members of the teams, owners and managers of the clubs weren't as racist as he is.

sorry but racism has nothing to do with not standing for the national anthem for the vast majority of people in this world. i know thats what they kneel for but thats also why so many people hate it cause its essentially hitching his train to something that most americans feel proud about without a lick of racism involved.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

As for Kent State, it is what people today relate to as a Vietnam protest.

Hell of a stunt, huh?
edit on 9/24/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Do any of the contracts say "you must do whatever we tell you to do?" That would be a pretty funky contract.

That's a bit different from specifying community service (I'll take your word on it that they do).

no and again go back and read my multiple posts that cover this exact question. so im curious you keep going the angle that if it wasnt specifically covered in a contract then they can do whatever they want. not every single detail needs to be covered. it can easily be argued that the national anthem is part of the sport considering that every player has taken part in it since the first game they ever played on a team going back to when they were children. its ingrained in the sport. this part about them not playing football right at that specific moment means they are allowed to do as they please is complete BS. why dont they just start poppin bottles and drinking champagne when they are on the bench, they arent playing football at that moment. u see how ridiculous that sounds cause thats how i feel when i hear the argument that they arent playing football during the national anthem so its ok

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Firing on soldiers, which made them fire on the crowd....hell of a stunt indeed. In fact I would not mind a stadium full of people stomping that guys ass one bit.
edit on 24-9-2017 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
If the owners of the NFL don't require them to stand then they don't have to.

If it bothers you that much you don't have to watch.

It's beneath the office of (most) presidencies to have to suggest players should be fired for expressing an opinion.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

The point was:

That you likened the right wing rallies punctuated with violence to Rosa Parks. Or, as you call them, "the kneelers," unless I'm missing something.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

The point was:

That you likened the right wing rallies punctuated with violence to Rosa Parks. Or, as you call them, "the kneelers," unless I'm missing something.

I'm maybe you misunderstood me.

A poster is asking to the people saying the kneeling is just a stunt if what ms. Parks did was also just a stunt.

J am saying the same question could be asked of free speech rallies that were shut down because of violence.

Were they just a stunt too, as many have suggested, or were they like Rosa parks

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

why dont they just start poppin bottles and drinking champagne when they are on the bench

Probably because there is a cluase in the contract requiring them to not be drunk during the game..make sense?

As far as the anthem goes..tradition does not equate to a contractual obligation..unless you can show us a clause in any of their contracts requiring them to not go down one one knee during the anthem..I doubt you will find such a clause..maybe in future contract negotiations it could be.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Firing on soldiers, which made them fire on the crowd....hell of a stunt indeed. In fact I would not mind a stadium full of people stomping that guys ass one bit.

So, which US town should we rename in the NK dialect, to use for the public displays of punishment for insufficient patriotism?

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

The point was:

I'm maybe you misunderstood me.

A poster is asking to the people saying the kneeling is just a stunt if what ms. Parks did was also just a stunt.

J am saying the same question could be asked of free speech rallies that were shut down because of violence.

Were they just a stunt too, as many have suggested, or were they like Rosa parks

They were both "stunts," of non violent protest to raise awareness (Rosa Parks and those who kneeled).

They were not plagued with violence; therefore, no comparison to "rallies" that are plagued with violence can be accurately made, because these aren't rallies.

posted on Sep, 24 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

NVM
edit on 24-9-2017 by vonclod because: misunderstood

new topics

top topics

<< 60  61  62    64  65  66 >>

join