It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump-BOYCOTT NFL teams whose players refuse to stand for the National Anthem

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Late to the party, but I'll just leave this here.

insider.foxnews.com...

You don't disrespect that, which gives you the ability to do so, like biting the hand that feeds you.

True Americans are deeply patriotic and no one will put up with this BS.

The flag is much more then "fabric", as our lovable leftist liberals believe, but then again you can't trust them to think beyond their simple minds and false realities.

Its symbology and representation. Humans attach meaning to seemingly inert objects, why? because as symbolic creating creatures, its part of being human. We communicate in a variety of ways and attached meanings to objects create whole new paradigms with which to work with.

In this case, Americans attach patriotism and sacrifice to our national flag. Like a funeral home, some things you just don't do.

Regardless, this isn't a discussion or compromise, its a declaration.

Don't like it? prepare to endure the BS.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Arnie123 because: heh

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: wickd_waze

www.chicagotribune.com...

How desperate for quarterbacks must the NFL be for one team to sign Kaepernick? If the line is not drawn at the quarterbacks listed above, the line is not getting drawn. As a group, NFL teams have shown they're willing to play and sign quarterbacks who, by any reasonable measure, are worse than Kaepernick. It looks more and more certain that collective, stubborn spinelessness is going to keep Kaepernick out of the NFL.

So why is Kaepernick laughing all the way to the bank?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: canuckster

Lol

Guess it worked. Look at folks puffing up who never served.

Funny thing is soldiers willingly die to protest the flag. That is the reality.

It is true however that America on both sides wants free speech gone.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

It's actually because he is a terrible qb...have you seen the way he manages the clock etc..

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The players ratified the collective bargaining agreement, so yes the players did get a say. They apparently did not care at the time. We will see if they care more when the next one comes up.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Expecting blind patriotism from the citizens of a supposedly free country is no better than what you people think is going on in all these 3rd world tin pot dictatorships. Popular opinion has no place in free thinking.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Lol Guess it worked.

LOL
the info posted shows this is NOT a free speech issue
LOL

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Fake Outrage. This is America, we were founded on protest and revolution and pissing people off! That's what we do! We don't stand for that PC Crap and we have the freedom to do whatever the heck we want to do, whenever the heck we want to do it!

Trump seems like a communist dictator. "Protest me and you will be ruined" is in essence what hes' saying here.

Our Veterans fought for this right to protest. Doesn't he get this?
trump is nowhere near being a communist. If you knew what the ideology was you'd immediately know what a goofball thing that is to say. But I digress, I do wish he would just leave these guys to make the fools out if themselves they really are. What thinking person protests like this when they make more money in one year than the average person makes a lifetime. No sympathy from me. Why aren't these goofballs protesting the sabervrattling Kim Jong Un of N Korea... where are all the nuclear freeze commies now ????
edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The public response is about free speech and hearing difficult things you don't agree with while tolerating them.

Right?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   
"Trump seems like a communist dictator. "Protest me and you will be ruined" is in essence what hes' saying here. "

No fake outrage from me. These are highly paid professionals. They have no more right to interject their beliefs in my sports that actors and actresses telling us about defense or medical issues.

No more NFL for me...I will turn to NASCAR and college football until the NFL gets it's act together...

From now on the NFL will be the "CFL"...'communist football league'. ANTIFA loves them...

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

It's your right to do that..

And about 6 percent of the public will join you.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

This is being framed as what the players wanted to do.
That is not the case as the nfl can make them do as the nfl likes.
The players are on the clock, if the nfl says stand they will stand.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule
I will stand for the national anthem at every opportunity to protest black on white murders, black on white rapes, black on black violence, black on police violence, and single parent black families.

You know the real issues in the black community that not one of these privileged 1% dare address.

It's great that you're standing for the anthem. I doubt anyone will know what you're protesting, but maybe you'll feel better.

I'm glad you're worried about crime and injustice and you're willing to do something about it, at least symbolically.

That's exactly what those who are taking a knee are doing.
edit on 25-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

But your making a false argument.

The owners already stated they support the players. As did the ceo of the league.

So it's about free speech of the business owners correct?

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: daveinats

From now on the NFL will be the "CFL"...'communist football league'. ANTIFA loves them...

Nope. Can't use that. Copyright infringement:

CFL.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

More empty jingoism from Fox News?

LOL.

Let's got with that for a minute. No player under discussion here is disrespecting the flag. Kneeling or as is the fashion here "taking a knee" is a matter of respect as well. Some people are indeed so shallow in their patriotism that they demand that other Americans see everything their way (the "love it or leave it" mentality) and in reality, it is those people who are denying the truth and promise of America.

Aside from that, you don't speak for Americans. You only speak for yourself. What was it someone said above?

Know your place.

link   

So it's about free speech of the business owners correct?

I would buy that before any players free speech bs.
When the nfl stops fining them for what color their socks are they may have free speech while at work.

link   

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

So, what's your take?

Kneeling, good or bad?

I'm sure you loved Tebow's action of disobeying Jesus' commandment not to pray in public; but these players who are showing their solidarity with real people and real problems are anti-American?

Pfft.

new topics

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join