It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore is actualy president

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well you throwing an article with no references at me. With no footnotes showing exactly where they have their proof of claims.

For instance, the largest crime of voting was in the black neighborhoods? Well I'd buy that more if the districts in question were not primarily Jewish (which is interesting, some claim USA is ran by Jews, so that would mean Bush is good because Jews didn't want him right? *I don't believe this idea worth crap though, just interesting coincidence).

Anyways, I generally disregard most "opinion" papers strewn with facts as crap.

Then most people come to me and say, "well we're right, because you are denying this evidence".

Which then forces me with a lot of annoyance, to prove to them how it is crap.

And I usually do prove it.

Let me start on this article for one...

There were 8,000 Floridians who had committed misdemeanors, but were counted as felons.

This does not state what the misdemeanors were, some might have warranted a felony status, nor does it say where they were, or who they were.

They could all have been Republicans.

EDIT

If you commit a felony in Florida, you lose your right to vote there, and you�re �scrubbed� from the rolls. You become a non-citizen, like in the old Soviet Union. This is not the case in most other states; it�s an uncivilized vestige of the Deep South.

Oh if this isn't the biggest subliminal message trick I've ever seen. Notice how they try to convince you that letting felons, murderers, rapists, Car stealers what have you...vote, is not only "barbaric", but also racist. (The tie to the "Deep South" nails that subliminally as racist). Which is not true, it is in fact almost a nation-wide policy to not allow felons to vote in presidential elections especially.

Yet another attempt by the author, treating you as an idiot, and expecting you to just believe everything he says.

END EDIT

[It was] discovered that at minimum, 90.2 percent of the people were completely innocent of any crime � except for being African American.

This destroys the argument almost 100% in every case I have come across. When they are making it a "Race" issue, usually it is Liberal-biased propoganda dog crap.

But then I doubt you believe me on that...but I know what I've experienced through out life.

When I questioned Harris� office about the high percentage of African Americans on the scrub list, they responded, �Well, you know how many black people commit crimes

Uh I want to see that in writing...it's not even quoted so I doubt this is the only thing he said.

The conversation probably went like this: "How many blacks are on the scrub list?" "22%" "Why so many?" "Well you know how many blacks commit crimes."

And incase you didn't know...it's true that minorities do do more crimes, whether it's the fault of the white man or not...

The buttons used to fill out the ballots were set up � with approval from Bush and Harris � to make votes appear unclear to the machine.

Wow isn't there one piece of FACT in this at all?

This if you can't tell, is just OPINION...Bush, Harris..did they really approve this? Why didn't this guy provide an official doccument signed by Bush from the Governor's office? Huh?

Guess this guy is a real amature and just spits out drivel he's heard from other propogandists.

Isn't it odd how most people believe it is more true when they hear it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from someone else? That is usually because if more and more people repeat it, then how can it be the wrong information?

Even though ironically it usually is...

The same ballots were used in Tallahassee County, which is mostly white. There only one in 100 votes was �spoiled.� What made the difference? In Tallahassee, ballots were read on the premises, and if they were marked incorrectly, voters were sent to revote until they got it right. In the black counties, the votes were trucked off immediately. There were no machines on site. Voters weren�t told that their votes were spoiled, and they certainly weren�t permitted to re-vote.

I can't believe this author tries to pawn this off as actually being a MALICIOUS ATTEMPT TO SUPPRESS THE BLACK PEOPLES.

God...

In 2002 they only lost one in 500 votes. So you can say blacks in Gadsden got smarter in one way � they elected a black elections chief.

They elected Mrs. Shirley Green Knight.

Elected in 2000, in plenty of time for the Presidential elections...ooops, I guess she also lost thousands of votes, as the author of this article conveniently covers up....

Yet another spin by the spin-doctors for the Evil Democratic Empire Council.

Edited above please see Edit above in red...

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by RobertBurns]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
You're just boneheaded, you know that.

What I quoted was an OPINION piece? I guess everyting that defies your Nazi point of view is just an OPINION piece, even if it is used as FACT in reputable sources like the Washington Post. I mean, what goes thru your head to spout the crap that you do?

There were 8,000 Floridians who had committed misdemeanors, but were counted as felons.

This does not state what the misdemeanors were, some might have warranted a felony status, nor does it say where they were, or who they were.

Does it matter???They were deemed misdemeanors. "Some might warrant a felony status." WHERE YOU THERE? No, so I think I'll rely on a learned legally-trained judge rather than just your layman speculation.

[It was] discovered that at minimum, 90.2 percent of the people were completely innocent of any crime � except for being African American.

This destroys the argument almost 100% in every case I have come across. When they are making it a "Race" issue, usually it is Liberal-biased propoganda dog crap.

See, here's more of your brain dead analysis. I saw the Excel spreadsheets that were used and they did have either a "W" or a "B" after their names. Its all on that website I provided and in the book "The Best Democracy Money Can Buy." You just spout so much crap and expect people to think you're right. Gimme a break.

When I questioned Harris� office about the high percentage of African Americans on the scrub list, they responded, �Well, you know how many black people commit crimes

Uh I want to see that in writing...it's not even quoted so I doubt this is the only thing he said.

Go buy the book I mentioned prior. I did.

Look, there's too much drivel for me to rip apart but, this guy is no amatuer. If he is, then the Washington Post is filled with amatuers as well as the BBC since both used HIS information. Ahhh, I dunno. Call me crazy. I think I'm choosing this guy OVER you're profound analysis.

[Edited on 5-7-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Your reaction colonel is expected, and I can't change that.

However I can urge other people to read what I wrote, it will spell it out for you how the article mr. Colonel gave is invalid, full of useless information.

And in fact, I'm not even sure what it has to do with the whole "recount" in florida.

It rather is a Race article, trying to make this into a Race issue.

Again, we hear the empty cries of the Black people. Whom since the 60s have been given everything, yet it is not enough for them.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
The guy that did the research was an American white guy. Thank you very much.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Colonel, I suggest you don't comment on what I write, but prove that I'm wrong.

Your comments are like listening to fingernails on chalkboards they are so empty.

The article you gave is attempting to make the Bush election a Race issue using Florida as the "Stage".

When in fact, the Black Elections officer, was IN CHARGE down there when this supposed "racism" was occuring.

Gee, a black person being racist to black people....I suppose it could happen?

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Furthermore, the NAACP took the issue to court and the court agreed that there was blatant irregularities in the voting process. So, I guess EVERYONE is wrong and you're right.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The guy doing the research was an American White guy

You seem to be under the impression that no white person stands up for black people's rights.

You also seem to not understand that most of the time it is White Liberals using the Black "situation" as a faux point to attack Conservatives.

When in fact the best thing that ever happend to the Black race in America, came from the conservatives.

Or have you forgotten it was the Republicans who lead the Union in the Civil War.

More over, the Conservatives are the ones who want to see black people aspire to be more than ghetto rapping losers. While the Democrats just want them to vote for them and have them eating out of their palms with unconstitutionally spent money.

But let's not expand this beyond the point of the thread, which is the Vote Counting issue.

And the Vote Counting issue was not even mentioned in the slightest in the article you gave.

It was 100% reverse-racism.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobertBurns

Gee, a black person being racist to black people....I suppose it could happen?

Yeah, look at Clarence Thomas.

You don't want me to take point with what you say b/c I back it up while you just spout drivel and say,"No, it's not true. He's lying. It;s liberal propoganda." Typical republican.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:33 AM
link   

The guy doing the research was an American White guy

You seem to be under the impression that no white person stands up for black people's rights.

You also seem to not understand that most of the time it is White Liberals using the Black "situation" as a faux point to attack Conservatives.

When in fact the best thing that ever happend to the Black race in America, came from the conservatives.

Or have you forgotten it was the Republicans who lead the Union in the Civil War.

More over, the Conservatives are the ones who want to see black people aspire to be more than ghetto rapping losers. While the Democrats just want them to vote for them and have them eating out of their palms with unconstitutionally spent money.

But let's not expand this beyond the point of the thread, which is the Vote Counting issue.

And the Vote Counting issue was not even mentioned in the slightest in the article you gave.

It was 100% reverse-racism.

You're the reason why I don't join the republicans with your revisonist history. Sure, it was the republicans during the Civil War who championed blacks but you oh so conveniently forgot to mention that most of the republicans of today are the racist Dixiecrats of the 60s who now like to use that BS party of Linclon crap whenever the truth gets to close.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
No, I said that because I expect you to go "here are the doccuments PROVING that blacks were unfairly represented in voting through legislation and attempts to keep blacks from voting."

I want you to prove the following, rather than whine that I blew you out of the water:

1) That race has ANYTHING to do with the vote recount in florida.

2) That the vote recount in florida was wrong.

3) That Bush should not be president.

4) That your article even has a shred of doccumented evidence.

I already summed up that basically your article does not have a shred of doccumentable evidence...which means you'll have to find outside information that verifies it.

But rather you decide to sit there and attack my points, which are completely an analysis of the article you gave.

And therefore you can do little more than agree with that analysis.

However my analysis is not wrong.

This article you gave would never hold up in the court of law if this were a Trial.

And therefore, is worthless.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:06 AM
link   

No, I said that because I expect you to go "here are the doccuments PROVING that blacks were unfairly represented in voting through legislation and attempts to keep blacks from voting."

I want you to prove the following, rather than whine that I blew you out of the water:

1) That race has ANYTHING to do with the vote recount in florida.

2) That the vote recount in florida was wrong.

3) That Bush should not be president.

4) That your article even has a shred of doccumented evidence.

I already summed up that basically your article does not have a shred of doccumentable evidence...which means you'll have to find outside information that verifies it.

But rather you decide to sit there and attack my points, which are completely an analysis of the article you gave.

And therefore you can do little more than agree with that analysis.

However my analysis is not wrong.

This article you gave would never hold up in the court of law if this were a Trial.

And therefore, is worthless.

First of all, you don't ever tell me what to do. Secondly, I decided to bring you some more OPINION. its a settlement agreement which prove the LIE to your comment of "This article you gave would never hold up in the court of law if this were a Trial."

Here is "OPINION."

Settlement Reached In Florida Election Lawsuit
NAACP And Other Civil Rights Groups Filed Lawsuit After Disputed 2000 Election

The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People and other civil rights groups today announced the settlement of a class-action lawsuit filed against the state of Florida and seven counties after many African American and other voters were disenfranchised during the presidential election on Nov. 7, 2000.

Kweisi Mfume, President & CEO, NAACP, said: "The settlement is significant because it means that Florida officials finally recognized the need to correct past election process problems, particularly in the areas of election administration, voter list maintenance and poll worker training. The new state laws following the 2000 election did not go far enough to make sure all Florida voters would have equal access to the polls on Election Day. The NAACP will continue to monitor the situation to make sure that not only Florida, but also all states, ensure equal access to the polls and follow the spirit and the letter of election laws. We also urge the Congress to act swiftly in passing the Federal Election Reform Bill that has been before it for the last year."

The NAACP filed the lawsuit following numerous complaints about election irregularities in Florida during the 2000 Presidential Election. At hearings held by the NAACP in Miami and other areas of the state, African American voters and others testified about being kept from the polls in some counties and having voting problems on Election Day. There were complaints that some voters were told their names were not on registration lists. Others had been erroneously removed from the lists of eligible voters because they were wrongfully believed to be felons who were not eligible to vote. Another common complaint was that poll workers were not adequately trained to assist voters.

The NAACP joined with African American plaintiffs and worked for more than two years with civil rights advocates from The Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, People For the American Way Foundation, the Miami law firm of Williams and Associates, the NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc., The Advancement Project, and the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU).

The defendants included the Florida Secretary of State, the Director of the Division of Elections, the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles, the Department of Children and Families, Hillsborough and Orange, Leon, Miami-Dade, Broward, Duval and Volusia counties, DBT/Choice Point, Inc. Orange and Hillsborough were the last two counties to reach an agreement with the plaintiffs.

www.naacp.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
You know, the only thing more amazing that the 2000 election is still being talked about is the fact that the democrats are still spreading disinformation about it.
On second thought, that isn't so amazing. That is what the democrat does best. Rewrite history, that is.

The democrat conspiracy that the Florida election for U.S. presidency was rigged has been shot down time and time again. The only reason this post should not be moved to the trash bin as it is a boring repeat of previous threads of the recent future is that it stands to remind everyone that the democratic party is one not of solution or substance but of revisionism and complaining.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
this is rediculous, Bush ordered the removal of the names of thousands of working class people (lets keep race out of this) in order to swing the vote in Florida, Greg Palast would not still be on the payroll of the BBC if he had fabricated the story. I don't find it at all hard to believe that the Bush gang organised the removal of the names, they see it as a business tactic.

The USA is not a democracy, less than half the people vote, you only have two realistic choices, and they are both corrupt, greedy and don't give a flying *uck about the average American.
There is so much money involved in the election campaigns it is unreal.
Even if Bush is innocent of Palast's claims (which he is quite clearly not), he is still an arse and is only President cos of his dad.

The USA political system needs reform, there needs to be way more equality.

Also, you have to remember, you could have way worse than Bush, and i'm not joking.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Ok, I can agree to that.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Again, we hear the empty cries of the Black people. Whom since the 60s have been given everything, yet it is not enough for them.

That's damn offensive! I suppose you didn't even consider the fact the black folk weren't given anything but freedom and equal opportunity. EVERYTHING! Where's my everything cause if they gave black folk everything i sure as hell didn't recieve it. EVERYTHING, please...I have I worked hard for EVERYTHING I have not as a black person but as living breathing human being. EVERYTHING! You should be warned for such a racist comment that doesn't have anything to do with this thread. Get yo mind right.

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by Saphronia]

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

The democrat conspiracy that the Florida election for U.S. presidency was rigged has been shot down time and time again. The only reason this post should not be moved to the trash bin as it is a boring repeat of previous threads of the recent future is that it stands to remind everyone that the democratic party is one not of solution or substance but of revisionism and complaining.

TC

On the election rigging issues, in this case you are incorrect. They are only coming before the Courts now. They are crucial to the future of American legislature, election practices and constitutional rights.

I am not a Democrat or Republican. I care nothing for party politics. But on the arguments presented, I would definitely say that the Democratic Party is the one that stand for justice, which is what you have called here 'revisionism and complaining'.

But I wanted to point out something in your quote above. The way you coined the oxymoron, "recent future".

It is both very interesting and poetic, as well as prophetic.

posted on Jul, 5 2003 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

That's damn offensive! I suppose you didn't even consider the fact the black folk weren't given anything but freedom and equal opportunity. EVERYTHING! Where's my everything cause if they gave black folk everything i sure as hell didn't recieve it. EVERYTHING, please...I have I worked hard for EVERYTHING I have not as a black person but as living breathing human being. EVERYTHING! You should be warned for such a racist comment that doesn't have anything to do with this thread. Get yo mind right.

[Edited on 6-7-2003 by Saphronia]

I would love to join your in your outrage, Saphronia, but I have been gagged from expressing my opinion as I see fit in pointing out racist comments like this because of the overly delicate (republican) sensitivities of certain members of this forum.

But,YOU GO GET 'EM!

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Peace
this is rediculous, Bush ordered the removal of the names of thousands of working class people (lets keep race out of this) in order to swing the vote in Florida, Greg Palast would not still be on the payroll of the BBC if he had fabricated the story. I don't find it at all hard to believe that the Bush gang organised the removal of the names, they see it as a business tactic.

The USA is not a democracy, less than half the people vote, you only have two realistic choices, and they are both corrupt, greedy and don't give a flying *uck about the average American.
There is so much money involved in the election campaigns it is unreal.
Even if Bush is innocent of Palast's claims (which he is quite clearly not), he is still an arse and is only President cos of his dad.

The USA political system needs reform, there needs to be way more equality.

Also, you have to remember, you could have way worse than Bush, and i'm not joking.

Now, that is droll! If a reporter lied or made up a story that was IAW the mainstream media's slant, he'd be fired! LOL!

I don't give a flying rip about Palast's claims as they are nothing but garbage. Wake up and quit buying into the absurd. The real attempt was by the mainstream media and the democrats in Florida, but they failed. So sorry, better luck at stealing next time. Don't worry, if there was a group good at stealing, it is the dems.

While your post is just another personal attack at the Shrub, you have a couple good points, anyway.

You are wrong in that our political system is not a democracy, I have no idea why you'd feel the need to say that. And as far as how many vote, that is immaterial. The fact of the matter is this nation wasn't supposed to be a democracy (See Sparta) but was to be a republic. Most today think the two words are interchangeable, but that just goes to illustrate the ignorance of the populace. Had Lincoln not been killed, he was going to put the country back in proper order. Those who stood to gain (and are still gaining today) stopped him.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 09:27 AM
link   
They're lining up for the next one and people are still drivelling about this old red herring.
Look, Cleveland lost to Harrison despite winning a popular majority (it happens): it's far from inconceivable that Kennedy "robbed" Nixon.
It's the electoral college that counts and ancient wrangling about voter rolls and "chads" is quite absurd. Everyone knows the story: it appears that a majority don't give a fig. Time to move on.

posted on Jul, 6 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   

I have been gagged from expressing my opinion as I see fit in pointing out racist comments like this because of the overly delicate (republican) sensitivities of certain members of this forum.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Could you stop your lies colonel ?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join