It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Had a Paranormal Experience That Changed Your Beliefs?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I grew up in a family that decidedly did NOT believe in ghosts or other paranormal phenomena and would make fun of anyone who does! Throughout my childhood, I had many experiences with the supernatural that gradually made me realize that disembodied spirits are very definitely real.

What's your experience?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

Yes,I was a skeptic about whether God existed or not,until the day I asked him to show me undeniable proof of his existence and to show me guidance. Since then my life has been constantly improving slowly but surely.
Now I laugh whenever someone says God doesn't exist

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

Yes,I was a skeptic about whether God existed or not,until the day I asked him to show me undeniable proof of his existence and to show me guidance. Since then my life has been constantly improving slowly but surely.

THAT would make ME laugh, if it wasn´t so sad and true!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Never believed in the paranormal until I bought a "haunted" building. In short, windows and doors constantly opening and closing, large furniture being tossed across the room, and a recurring shadow figure... amongst other things. There is literally no other explanation besides paranormal for the things I experienced in that building.
edit on 21-9-2017 by BadBoYeed because: ...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Have You Ever Had a Paranormal Experience That Changed Your Beliefs?

Yes. I was an atheist. After my experiences, I am now a Deist.

I'm sorry, but I'm not up to discussing what happened in depth. I will say that it was very profound.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Well I used to be a skeptic until one day I discovered I had Psychic abilities when I was 20 years old which was in 2015.

Let me tell you though it's not easy coping with the paranormal.
edit on 9/21/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I ate a ghost pepper once, does that count?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
i grew up with a family that was not religious in particular (one parent a believer but not a bible-thumper, one i think not a believer but never talked about it), no churching, but was open to the mysteries of the unexplained.

i joined a church in my teens and left a year later. i have never had a paranormal experience, and i am an atheist and a pretty big skeptic about all those mysteries of the unexplained, these days. i just don't think there's enough there to credit a lot of it with any reality.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: VashTheStampede

Curious why he didn't do the same for me, when I asked. But I digress.
edit on 9-21-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

At the age of four and six, both times lost in two different woods, I had optical visions appear in front of me that showed me and my companions how to exit each woods. 'Not to mention other things and my time-loss experience at the age of 24.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I had a prolonged shadow person experience.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

No, it did not change any of my beliefs.

edit on 9-21-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

What is annoying here would be a gift on other levels. I hope you have the calmness within you to take the suffering down.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Well even now I am still struggling to cope. I consider it more of a curse. When I tried to tell this to my friends (whom are skeptics and I knew them before my discovery), they just laugh and said stop watching too much movies.

I also have trouble getting along with other Psychics since I share different views from them. Some of them even attacked me for not believing what they believe. For example many of them lean toward new age beliefs and personally I don't find them appealing.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Simply post a religious Bible passage that relates to major events in the world today and watch the posts that follow.

This will instantly prove that demons are working overtime now, pulling the strings of their mortal slaves.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I posted about an experience I had in another thread several months ago. Instead of retyping it all I'm just going to paste my experience. It certainly was something!

I had an experience last summer that changed my view from being atheist to believing in a higher power. My girlfriend and I had traveled home to attend the funeral of her grandfather, and were staying in our house we had recently purchased ( still pretty excited about it
).

This was after the funeral and she was having a nap due to being emotionally drained. I was pacing around, as I usually do, thinking about life, and the legacies we leave behind and such. As I was pacing, I was looking at pieces of furniture he had made, and some tools he had passed on me. I started feeling fairly sad, and sort of depressed ( not in a bad way ).

Out of nowhere I felt an overwhelming presence. It was something I had never felt before. I could not see anything, but was something there. Have you ever heard stories about people who say they have felt the presence of god, and it was an overwhelming, indescribable, unconditional love? Well, that is exactly what I felt. In fact it was so overwhelming I began to weep, and I mean uncontrollably weep. I was sure I was going to wake up my girlfriend so I went to the basement. For the first time in my near fourty years, I felt a presence that seemed to be made up of everything, the very air around me even. I also felt I was being give a much better, clearer understanding of the cycles of life. It was all so very personal, like it was specifically for me.

Shortly after the presence left, I heard my girlfriend getting up and walking around upstairs. I went up and she knew I was off and that something had happened. I'm sure she could tell I was crying. I took me until the next day before I could speak to her about it. Everytime I time I tried, I would get all choked up and couldn't talk.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I know that sounds absurd, crazy even. And to be honest, had it not happened to me I likely wouldn't believe it.

Rhodin

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I have had a few paranormal experiences: out of body, lucid dreaming, shadow man, and I've made threads about them on here.

I can't prove any of it, but I can assure everyone and anyone reading this post that there absolutely exists a spirit world, your life continues after this physical one, and there are many amongst us who are able to communicate by tuning in to higher frequencies that spirit vibrates at. We all have this ability, it can be practised and learned and mastered.

My experiences have had a profound effect on how I think and how I live. I was never really a believer in God in my younger days and dismissed spiritualism as a thing that hippies invented when they were doped off their tiddies. I had a very closed mind.

A long story short, my life changed for the better when I lost my job and everything i'd worked my entire life for thus far was about to be repossessed, my home, everything. The stress of it weighed a thousand tons and crushed me to the brink of suicide. I couldn't and didn't want to live another day, another minute.

At that moment a voice in my head told me my life doesn't depend on 'things', my 'way' of life does. Change my way of living, don't accumulate possessions or seek to own anything that needs me to work to death to acquire them. These were the very things and way of life that had led me to this darkest point in my life. It was like a light switching on.

These days I don't own a thing and I have never felt so happy and stress-free in my entire life. I have time to meditate and connect with the spirit side and the calmness and peace that I feel inside is priceless.

Everyone should meditate. Spiritualism should be taught as we grow and develop into adults. It's an important part of our being and we all instinctively 'feel' it, but I suspect that including it in education and culture would undermine a materialistic-dependent work/slave system. There would be no wars either.

We are not put on this Earth to just work, pay bills, die, the end. And those of you who don't believe in life between lives and another world beyond this one, my goodness you are in for the most wonderful surprise.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I originally joined ATS just to share my experience and see what others thought. This is the only personal paranormal experience I've had, but it lasted for many many years. Was actually a miserable time. Still lots of unanswered questions.

Here's my experience if you wanna read about it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rhodin

It doesn't sound crazy, not to me.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

I can't prove any of it, but I can assure everyone and anyone reading this post that there absolutely exists a spirit world, your life continues after this physical one, and there are many amongst us who are able to communicate by tuning in to higher frequencies that spirit vibrates at. We all have this ability, it can be practised and learned and mastered.

Are you talking about Derek Acora, by any chance?

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: OrbitalDecay

originally posted by: doobydoll

Are you talking about Derek Acora, by any chance?

No. I am talking about myself, and what I know but can't prove. Not in this life anyway.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join