It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Had a Paranormal Experience That Changed Your Beliefs?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   
This might be a bit long...but OP asked...

I'd always been interested in the paranormal. I'd heard stories from my mom who had a couple, and others as well who had what seemed like a demonic entity in their home growing up. Never really had any myself though. This didn't crush my belief, but made me crave for confirmation.

I had an older friend who went to a couple places ghost hunting, and he caught an unbelievable EVP. He wasn't a believer before that. He had gone to a cemetery and got several EVPs saying "No", and "Kill you" (sounds cliché...but that's what it said). Later on in the session he asked who's grave he was standing in front of, and on the EVP you hear a male say the name of the person that was on the headstone (also the name of cemetery he was at - named after that family). The final one is amazing. Just a couple minutes later he asks "Look at this headstone, how do you feel about your headstone looking so old and broken?" A woman's voice answers "Look at my husband's.." The headstone he was referring to is the wife of the guy who the cemetery was named after - who I assume responded with his name earlier. It's an EXTREMELY clear EVP.

Of course I had a bit of doubt that he had faked it, so the next time he went out - he invited me. I showed up at the same cemetery early and started doing a solo EVP session and taking photos. After a few minutes, I sat back in my car with headphones on and played back what I recorded. CLEAR voices were on the recording that were not there in the dead-silent place I was at. A lot were hard to hear, and were single word answers. I was thrilled, taken aback, and ready for more.

My buddy and his neighbor showed up shortly after and proceeded to do some more EVP sessions while I took photos. I was a skeptic on orbs for the longest time. I knew to take a series of photos with the same framing and settings, so if I caught something it could be debunked, or admissible as evidence. The other two people were sitting on the ground leaning against a headstone. There were a few bugs out, and I know what they look like in a flash photo (I have a photography background as well). I took a few photos of both of them while they asked questions. I immediately reviewed the photos to find all of them without orbs except one photo. That photo has probably 80-90 orbs in it. The following photo has zero. We didn't get attacked by a swarm of gnats, and the photos were taken within seconds of each other. The orbs popped up, and were gone that fast.

Later on that night my friend was getting a bit aggressive with questioning, and he asked a spirit to show itself, appear as an orb. He did this while I took photos. Right after he asked that question, I got a photo of him with a large orange orb right above his head.

On another solo session, I decided to visit a cemetery where a bunch of soldiers from the war of 1812 are buried. It's located off a local backroad in the middle of a field. I show up at dusk, with a recorder and start asking questions. I get about a minute in and start getting bit by mosquitoes, so I shut the recorder off and go back to my car to look for bug spray. I spend a half hour longer asking questions and taking photos, then leave. Upon coming home and reviewing the recordings - I got nothing. I had dismissed that first recording when I first showed up because I cut it off early, and I figured I wasn't going to get anything on that one. That was the only recording I got an EVP on. I was asking various questions, and right before I turn off the recorder I hear in a very low voice "Tell me why you come here..."

This was a couple years ago, and I haven't been back out since, because I'm pretty sure I had something follow me home from that first session with my buddy (It was a pretty dark week, and I couldn't get my attitude positive). But I'm itching to go back out now. Maybe this weekend... I'm a believer for other reasons - I don't believe when you die that your entire personality and being just disappears into nothing, I believe in demons and/or evil entities - I've heard enough stories from close friends to believe they exist. I believe in a higher power and the power of prayer, but do not subscribe to any organized religion.

I've had many dreams where I'm in a house at night with a group of people, and there is one room that is infested with an evil spirit. I have to go in there for whatever reason, and I feel extremely tense, angry, anxious, and like evil is overcoming me - then I make an exit. I enter the room several times before I wake up with my heart racing and sweating. No clue what that's about - but I know rooms like that exist.

That's all for now. Thanks for reading!

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
yeah when i was kid we had these gymnast rings on a jungle gym my dad made for us. One day my brother and I were playing in the sand box, i randomly remember looking up at one of the rings for some reason, and it just went flying around the support beam and wrapped around it a couple times. My brother and i freaked out and ran.

That made me believe in ghosts.
fast forward 10 years. Started reading about astral projection when i was 18. Since then I've had over 500 out of body experiences.

Now I believe this world is run by satanists who know the secrets of consciousness but are keeping it hidden from humanity in order to keep control of the world and its sheeple.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Life changing?

Yes.

I had a very vivid interactive dream within which I woke up three times, dream within dream within dream.

In the first I met a Being who was life force and wore an emerald green cloak to contain herself. So very beautiful. Her countenance was pure life force.

She is an ancient preditor with ancestral memories going back before the earth even existed.

It took days for the impact of that experience to calm down.

That was also the start of a wonderful relationship.

The second wake up was finding a "Key" to a very ancient civilisation that was destroyed long ago. She is so very beautiful too, a wonderous softness.

I'm still unraveling the second and third wake ups.

Life hasn't been the same since.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
ive had some very very out there ones.. made me believe in god not exactly the way most people think of god mind you.. and many other things.

now this last thingie of high strangness blew apart my idea of reality.. belive it or not it wasnt through seeing a black triangle ufo or being tortured by demons or meditating and turning into golden liquid love oil in eternity or leaving my body.. those all happenned..

This last one I dont know how to talk about it even.
I met a girl... The rest is too confusing, but yea.. It seemed to me that my heart beat stopped and I was freezing cold.. but the cold was fine because I couldnt care without needing to be alive?? lol..

that was one part.. Another was how she was looking through my eyes and feeling everything i did.

thats enough..

dont want to say the wrong thing.

Im probably just crazy ya know.. Hehe.

Nothing will ever be so intense as you, pusinka.

carpe diem I guess.

I miss the magic. Literally.

I always wish for a normal life. when i get it i become very bored.. Then when the magical # hits the mystical fan I freak the # out.. A foot in both worlds, but neither can I stand in.
edit on 21-9-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I never believed in them till my mother died,when I got back to Calif,every morning at 3 am,I was awaken by bed shaking,after I said "I know it's you mom" it stopped,plus working at a few jobs on graveyard shift,now I have several videos of such activity

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I never believed in them till my mother died,when I got back to Calif,every morning at 3 am,I was awaken by bed shaking,after I said "I know it's you mom" it stopped,plus working at a few jobs on graveyard shift,now I have several videos of such activity

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: LittleByLittle

Well even now I am still struggling to cope. I consider it more of a curse. When I tried to tell this to my friends (whom are skeptics and I knew them before my discovery), they just laugh and said stop watching too much movies.

I also have trouble getting along with other Psychics since I share different views from them. Some of them even attacked me for not believing what they believe. For example many of them lean toward new age beliefs and personally I don't find them appealing.

So what ARE your beliefs? I'm really interested because I'm psychic as well (though it comes and goes).

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rhodin
I posted about an experience I had in another thread several months ago. Instead of retyping it all I'm just going to paste my experience. It certainly was something!

I had an experience last summer that changed my view from being atheist to believing in a higher power. My girlfriend and I had traveled home to attend the funeral of her grandfather, and were staying in our house we had recently purchased ( still pretty excited about it
).

This was after the funeral and she was having a nap due to being emotionally drained. I was pacing around, as I usually do, thinking about life, and the legacies we leave behind and such. As I was pacing, I was looking at pieces of furniture he had made, and some tools he had passed on me. I started feeling fairly sad, and sort of depressed ( not in a bad way ).

Out of nowhere I felt an overwhelming presence. It was something I had never felt before. I could not see anything, but was something there. Have you ever heard stories about people who say they have felt the presence of god, and it was an overwhelming, indescribable, unconditional love? Well, that is exactly what I felt. In fact it was so overwhelming I began to weep, and I mean uncontrollably weep. I was sure I was going to wake up my girlfriend so I went to the basement. For the first time in my near fourty years, I felt a presence that seemed to be made up of everything, the very air around me even. I also felt I was being give a much better, clearer understanding of the cycles of life. It was all so very personal, like it was specifically for me.

Shortly after the presence left, I heard my girlfriend getting up and walking around upstairs. I went up and she knew I was off and that something had happened. I'm sure she could tell I was crying. I took me until the next day before I could speak to her about it. Everytime I time I tried, I would get all choked up and couldn't talk.

Anyway, I'll leave it at that. I know that sounds absurd, crazy even. And to be honest, had it not happened to me I likely wouldn't believe it.

Rhodin

Doesn't sound crazy or absurd at all. I had a very similar experience once, which was connected to an apparition of Mother Mary (very odd at the time, because I was neither a devout Christian nor a Catholic). Don't let the naysayers take this experience away from you. I found that often it's better not to talk about these things too much, because the reaction of others kind of cheapens the event.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

I wouldn't exactly call it a paranormal experience but when I was a teenager I kept a dream journal. It was very useful, I had managed to keep this journal for more than a year.

Once I had about two years worth of dreams written in this journal, I discovered that on one particular evening in Jan of 2005, I had a dream that was identical to the dream I had the same evening in January of 2004.

Two identical dreams, same date, one year apart.

That was powerful.

The rewards of keeping a dream journal don't really begin to reveal themselves until you've managed to keep a log of many years of dreams. The ability to recall dreams on specific dates/times/years created the opportunity for me to spook myself.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Sounds interesting!

I can say that despite running into "the weird", or more accurately having it thrust into my life it hasn't changed any beliefs. I never not thought life was much more complicated than society pretends so I wasn't surprised when things occurred.

Much like Starwarbsisreal has experienced I've found the most vocal of the self proclaimed psychic folk are full of hot air and delusions. (Disclaimer; present company in thread excluded unless you "out yourself" to be a twit) What I find fascinating and predictable is the psychology odd events drag up in people. Usually it's disfunction that should have been addressed by them years ago but got buried till a paranormal event kicks it to the forefront.

Sounds dry and rather third personish but it's amusing in a way to see someone running around pimping their paranormal experience with their dirty laundry hanging out as they steadfastly ignore it instead of addressing it and moving on. It also kinda marks them as "stuck" and pretty immature. That's an observation and NOT a judgement. It's also the elephant in the room when it comes to this topic.

I always thought of my own faults that got disclosed by different experiences as a gift cause you can't fix what you don't see in yourself. It's always been my understanding that the more work you do on yourself the more weird stuff you are able to experience/comprehend. Unseen forces are definitely carrot and stick that ways.

One incident I can relate happened when I ran into a guy I was directed to, who could possibly explain some of my previous experiences since they happened in "a Native context". He was working and it was the end of the day so he had time to chat. As we stood outside chatting he got all excited going "Did you SEE THAT??!!" I looked around and saw a red flying head kinda thing that looked like Crooked Nose. So yeah, saw it.

But I kept talking while he was scanning the wood line.
He totally isn't focused on my "problems" and yelled "THERE!!! Do you see THAT????"

Again, yeah, I see it and so what?
By then I'm getting a little loud as I tell him "so freaking what, it's what I'm trying to tell you this crap pops up around me all the time and WTF? I'm freaking WHITE it's NOT MY STUFF! it's YOUR STUFF for jeez sake!!" Actually it was just another thing in a long line of "things" so I was a little pissy it was interfering with me finally getting some answers.

He was transfixed and shocked cause he knew the oral history and was just bug-eyed.

At the time I was also confused as to why only the head and not the whole being, but what do I know? It's not my stuff.
Plus I was and am of the opinion I shouldn't be seeing Crooked Nose anyways, but screw it, that ship sailed apparently.
It led to him making some calls and finding out the "flying head" stories don't always portend bad stuff so he could stand down as it were and by default I got to learn a little as well.

My deal is I just observe and whatever-whatever. He was freaked out more cause I was so normal about it. Why wouldn't I be tho? The Native stories say these things are real and lookie there! Seems so. Him being Native I really expected him to not be so flipped out. I mean it's not like his relatives lied to him his whole life, am I right?

Sorry this went long, but also whatever....LOL.
I'm kinda hoping someone who knows what I'm describing will read this and laugh until they pee. It WAS hysterical.
Just another regular day, minding our own business when WHAM! The old world came to life. Go figure.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I had one, where to this day, where it still bugs me that were it was really or just a very vivid dream, but I do recall being awake in broad daylight playing on the street when I saw it.

The only thing it did was shatter my sense of reality, where it made me very super sitious at the startz where half a decade later I ended up remembering the event, and got scared of the sky and made me very curious religion an myths. Then a few other things happened years later, an my imagination just started bouncing off the inner walls of my skull, an I eventually started become less paranoid about life an stuff an the paranormal in general.

edit on 22-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-9-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Yes, it's all in my thread. I'll share it here for any newcomers that haven't seen it yet.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: DrogoTheNorman

No question.

posted on Sep, 23 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

If not frequent, it remains normal. That is, whatever the frequency of occurrence and what ever the nature of the occurrence it all very normal really.

<< 1   >>

join