It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto. Breaking Story. Don’t Let This Go Unshared!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: tabularosa
Actually, this has been known for quite some time, how exposure levels (particularly in the USA) far exceed recommended levels. That nothing is being done about this proves how little Monsanto and the politicians it controls care for the people. While I miss much of this by avoiding most processed foods, no doubt excessive use of glyphosate permeates our entire food chain thus consumption cannot be eliminated altogether.

Human exposure may not be the issue. I think we have lots of evidence the Farmers aren't killing over from spraying it like they do. It is because it is an herbicide that is very effective at killing other plants that they are going all in with it.

A Dead set of trees issue?
I had to answer a call a few weeks back from a guy questioning why he was not seeing bugs on his windshield when he drives, which is abnormal in summer. But more important to his interest, his flowering trees all died. I happen to know where he lives and there is a big farm across the main highway about 300 yards from his dead trees that uses the gene in the seed that the plants are able to live with high doses of the herbicide. I can't prove it is affecting things from 300 yards across a 2 lane US Highway, but I suspect the plants are being affected that aren't the actual target of the herbicide.

I am guessing on the less bugs on his windshield, there was a swampy like area close by that was cleared for a warehouse and to bring needed jobs that likely took out an insect breeding ground. ON top of that I know a wildlife agency where I know one of their scientist had recently identified a Bat had moved within a few miles of his home in the other direction from the warehouse.

edit on 19-9-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: freestonew
I read a number of years ago that a man in California, who lived on the wild coast, built his organic wood house, grew his organic garden, ate only organic, why he read of a study done by a university to study some 90 different poisonous chemicals present in blood. they want samples.
h decided to see how he compared, compared to say, the san francisco normal person who ate processed everything and breathed the smoggy air.

he got his results back from the lab. his blood contained the exact same 90 chemicals, and in the same proportions, as everyone else in the study had!!

he then realized this stuff is in the air, the water, the soil: no escape!
did not matter if he lived on fast food for a week or two. or lived in downtown los angeles.

I am still getting over that huge china city where the particulates in the air were so so high. if 75 per cubic something of air: you should stay inside, what about 750 per cubic something?!

freestone

The EPA says 35 ug/m3 (micrograms per cubic meter of air) is dangerous but it wont take you out on the spot, but it just can clog your lungs so weak people will suffer. 75 ug would be pretty bad and that was 291 ug!! for goodness sake in China in this article:

www.bbc.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I can't click on the links to the research... I want to see the research links myself. The owner of that blog put on top of the links to the research icons to share the story to twitter, fakebook and pinecrest... Every time I move my mouse over the links to see the research, the icons to share the story pop up and don't let me click on the research links.

edit on 19-9-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Let me see what I can find out.

I can't imagine why it's happening but let's try to get it sorted out.

peace

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Well thank goodness sites like this ,
are around too tell the news ,
and the Media Does Nothing
but I bet The Media in other Countries
are Jumping on this !
Especially Countries we are Now having Tensions with

after reading your Post,

This Kinda of Reminded me of a Movie Ive Seen Long ago
Called : Bitter Harvest a Made for TV Movie

That Actually Happened in a Dairy Farming County in 1973

a Scare of a Toxic Chemical ( PPB ) that got mixed up with feed
as it was in the Same Kind of Bag with just different Writing

he source of the contamination is revealed as the film draws to its close.
In the Farm Bureau Services mill near Battle Creek, Michigan, the proteins that are
added to animal feed, and the chemicals (PBB) used in fire retardant, are being stored
in identical colored paper sacks, on pallets placed side by side. No-one can tell at a
glance which is which, and it becomes evident that they could easily have been
switched in error. The film concludes a year after the initial outbreak, with the killing of
Ned De Vries’ entire herd, as the animals are led into a deep open pit, shot,
and bulldozed over with soil.

and from this PBB from testing and Study The PBB showed
that it can be Passed on from the Meat of the Cattle and onto Cows Milk
and the PBB Stays in your Body for Life

The Dairy Farms in One County Became a Epidemic
and the Meat and Milk Spread to Different States until The County found
what Cause the Sickness ..

Dr. Freeman responds to De Vries' request for help and identifies the
blip on the chart as Polybrominated biphenyl (PBB), a flame retardant used
in Firemaster extinguishers. At last the answer is in his hands. De Vries is
surprised to find Dr. Freeman visiting him the following morning, but the doctor
has been doing further research into PBBs. Exposure symptoms match what they
already know, and include memory loss and possible cancer. They find that the
substance that has poisoned his livestock can be passed on to humans by eating
beef and drinking milk. This is clearly shown by his family's poor health.

His wife can no longer breast feed her baby, as that too would pass on any PBB
she has in her body. The substance is stored in body fat and is cumulative.
It's firmly in the food chain, and the long-term effects are uncertain, as there is
no known way to remove PBB once it has been ingested.

( Movie )
Bitter Harvest
en.wikipedia.org...(1981_film)

Polybrominated biphenyl
en.wikipedia.org...

Early studies on the effects of PBBs on human beings concerned
the people in Michigan,

United States who consumed PBB-contaminated animal products
(see history of PBBs below).

[3] A study of 327 girls aged 5–24 years in Michigan found those who
were exposed in utero to PBBs at or above a level of 7 ppb found had
an earlier age at menarche compared to a case-control group.

[4] Michigan dairy farmers exposed to PBBs had significant immune system
abnormalities including reduced numbers of circulating blood lymphocytes,
increases in lymphocytes with no detectable surface markers, and reduced
functional response to specific test antigens.

[5] Some residents complained of nausea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite,
joint pain and lethargy, though it could not be clearly established that PBBs
were the cause of these health problems. Workers who were exposed to PBB
during PBB production suffered hypothyroidism,[6] although no deterioration in
memory performance was found in PBB-exposed workers in tests conducted
several years after final PBB exposure, and there was also no correlation of
performance with PBB concentration.

[7] There is stronger evidence that PBBs may have caused skin problems,
such as acne, in consumers of the contaminated food. Some workers exposed
to PBBs by breathing and skin contact for days to months also developed acne.
Studies in animals exposed to large amounts of PBBs for a short period or to smaller
amounts over a longer period show that PBBs can cause weight loss, skin disorders,
nervous and immune systems effects, as well as effects on the liver, kidneys, and
thyroid gland.

Possibility of carcinogenicity It is not known for certain if PBBs could cause cancer
in human beings, but it has been observed that they can lead to cancer in
lab mice exposed to very high concentrations of PBBs. Based on such animal tests,
the United States Department of Health and Human Services has determined that PBBs
may reasonably be anticipated to be carcinogens.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer also suggests that PBBs are possibly
carcinogenic to humans.

In 1973, several thousand pounds of FireMaster BP-6 were accidentally
mixed with livestock feed that was distributed to farms in Michigan, United States.

[11] Some 1.5 million chickens, 30,000 cattle, 5,900 pigs, and 1,470 sheep then consumed
this feed, became contaminated with PBBs and the carcasses were disposed of in
landfill sites throughout the state.

[12] These events were portrayed in the 1981 in the documentary Cattlegate
by Jeff Jackson, the true-fiction film Bitter Harvest starring Ron Howard, and in the book
The Poisoning of Michigan by Joyce Egginton.

A 1978 episode of Lou Grant ("Slaughter") portrays a similar, but fictionalized account.
One year elapsed before the animals were culled.

[11] A study was undertaken on 4,545 people to determine the effects of PBBs
on human beings. These include three exposure groups – all people who lived on
the quarantined farms, people who received food from these farms and workers
(and their families) engaged in PBB manufacture – as well as 725 people
with low-level PBB exposure. All were queried concerning 17 symptoms
and conditions possibly related to PBBs. Venous blood was drawn and analyzed
for PBB by gas chromatography. Mean serum PBB levels were found to be 26.9 ppb
by weight (26.9 µg/kg) in farm residents, 17.1 in recipients, 43.0 ppb in workers,
and 3.4 ppb in the low exposure group. No associations could be established between
serum PBB levels and symptom prevalence rates.

Luckily this Monsanto. Breaking Story isnt So Severe as what Happen in Michigan

Or Is it ??

I was Young but I did Remember it The Epidemic
and Nation Knew it bout it ,

and Coming from a Dairy County ( St Lawrence County ( NY )

This indeed put the Scare on Dairy and Beef Farmers in the Early too mid 1970s
and More when the Movie Came Out ,

well I tried to find a Trailer of the Movie ( Made for TV ) : Bitter Harvest

but i did find a TV Spot

edit on 22017TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago9261 by Wolfenz because: reedited to make it more clearly as WE ALL Know Im not a Grammer KIng !

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The numbers went up on this after they started spraying glyphosate preharvest on most of the grains in this country. Organic cereals and breads will have way less of this residue. It is used preharvest on most of the grains in this country. It started maybe seven or eight years ago and the FDA raised allowable amounts of the glyphosate chemistry in food at that time.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

NOT OREOS!!!!
Seriously it is terrible that people pay more for healthy alternatives, organic and they are only kidding/killing themselves.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Makes one wonder what the 'prize' is in having every household consume their products.
Is it to increase the profit margin or is it to poison consumers; save us from our 'unknown' future?

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
That was a Quote I was responding to.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Antar - I can tell you from first hand experience.

When in was in Sicily and raiseing all I ate. And I ate good veggies and chickens, etc. I was happy, healthy, a good weight, etc.

I got here and was forced by hunger to eat some of the shat here? I've been nothing but sick for three years, gained weight, no energy... This crap here kills.

Hope you have a way to eat healthy!

- grace

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MamaJ

Sue the bastards. The ambulance chasers await your call.

Your comment was rude as hell and off topic.

I had a son die from Leukemia and now have another son sick. The possibilities are endless but if our food is toxic it's an even greater possibility. Again, rude!!!!!

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Very disturbing.

In another thread who knows how these chemicals are mixing and interacting with our systems...

Hope if enough people know then we can stop.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Just marking so I can read at a later date

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Gah that is so horrifying!! My daughter is 8 months old and KILLS some ritz crackers. How disturbing
so not only when you're pregnant do you have to worry constantly about what you're eating and how it may affect the growth of your unborn child, but now you have to tip toe on what to bring home to your table to. And if you have a kid that's a picky eater, forget about it!! #ing ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone saw this, but it appear that Snopes.com is being snooped to cover it up. Take a look.

Do You Trust Snopes? You Won’t After Reading This.

The big players in the GMO and agrochemical industry – Monsanto, Bayer, Dow, Syngenta, DuPont – are engaging in an extensive public relations, advertising, lobbying and political campaigning to make sure that genetically engineered crops (GMOs), and the chemical pesticides they require, continue to proliferate in the U.S.Text

We now have evidence that the website Snopes.com is being manipulated by the industry too. But first, let’s examine what Snopes really is…

Click the link to read the entire article. I found it interesting and now I'm questioning past searches I've done on Snopes.com. (Source)

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Is this what you're looking for?

It's in PDF form.

Click here for full report.

Let me know if that's what you're referring to.

peace

edit on 1743Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: spelling

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You can probably find all the ceo's of all the factories involved at the yearly bohemian grove BBQ-party... including the ceo f monsanto and the directors of all major mainstream news outlets..

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

If that doesn't just piss ya right off I don't know what would.

NEW SCIENCE says that harm may happen when you eat glyphosate at ONLY 0.001 mg/kg bw/day ( 1,750 times LOWER than what the EPA at the moment says is safe.)

So, New Science shows that a 20lb (9kg) child can ONLY safely eat 0.001 mg x 9kg = 0.009mg glyphosate in a day .

Thus, ingesting a recommended serving of Cheerios (16 grams or .56 ounces) for a 20-pound (9kg) child means exposure to 0.018 mg of glyphosate per day from Cheerios alone.

This is nearly double the level that is potentially harmful to human health and it is important to note that a 1-year old child is likely to be exposed to many other sources of glyphosate on a daily basis

source

posted on Sep, 20 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

same source pdf

90% lower with organic.

I'm pretty skeptical of that.

peace

edit on 3000Wednesday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join