It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto. Breaking Story. Don’t Let This Go Unshared!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

I think the reason they allow this to happen is because by the time it becomes a huge issue, other people will have already taken their places, like leaving trash on the ground and hoping the next guy to come along will pick it up.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   
And Now, its time for a song.....

"Glyco-oxotonic-Phosphate it the latest Scoop, But we are just gonna call it Goop, Hey Hey Hey Hey!"

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
There also the people who brought you.....

P.C.B.s
DDT
Agent Orange
Genetically engineered seed

I've been telling you guys this for 8 or 9 years.

Buck

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Even the organic products are affected by this. If these results are legit there is a MAJOR concern that needs to be addressed immediately.

Why? People are living on average longer than ever.......

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
I watched a Documentary on BCC4 .....it was about about a group of scientists...from Sweden I think....they tested 10k people from various countries around world...they split them into test groups....those that grew their own food...those that eat farmed foods ...ect ect ect.

Anyway....they found that those who ate farmed foods or from supermarkets had very high levels of insecticides in their blood stream....they were alarmed at the levels and approached the WFO for more funding so they could continue with their research....they are still waiting...

I have always believed that many of our worlds health problems are the result of the way we farm our food...both vegetables and meat....we poisoning our selves.

edit on 19-9-2017 by panicman66 because: Grammar

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Yikes the OP looks to be damning. My kids eat Corn flakes and Cherrios. Some people think the schools are dumbing them down or is it Monsanto with a profit to make and congress critters to feed/bribe?

Officially as and Environmental Chemist by trade I do Condem the use of Glysobullus#icus(sarc) or what ever the name is for the compound that they inpregate the seed with that makes it accept Glyphosate without dying. THe dying part was a clue.......

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: MysterX

If 0.1ppb (and yes, it's a tiny amount) is the set standard,
It isn't the standard.

Arsenic, is really bad. Right? Definitely dangerous. The drinking water maximum is 10.0 ppb.

0.1 ppb is absurd.

Arsenic is a required element, or so they teach in Bio Chem. However, we all know too much of a bad thing is a problem and bio accumulation is an issue. Phosphates are a bit dangerous since they are part of the the ADP-ATP cycle.

I am with you on the 0.1 ppb being nonsensical and would caution that PPT is not the accuracy we can obtain as of yet. Reliable measurement for approved analytical procedures, as of this post that I know about, have us being able to be between 1-3 ppb but getting closer to parts per trillion parts.

The big question would be are there studies showing bio accumulation.

Granted it might be too late for some people if it has to show up as a factor after years of ingestion.

ETA
Ok, I see... it is also kinda like your Man made climate change conundrum, where as you think, it might be too late once we can prove it.
edit on 19-9-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

if there was ever a case to ban Glyphosates and also to abolish Monsanto then this was it

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The Hague is going to look into this in October, opening the road to porsecution of Monsanto and others for 'Ecocide'...

This month - from 14th to 16th October and coinciding with World Food Day (16th October), a special People's Tribunal focusing on Monsanto takes place in The Hague, in the Netherlands.

Founded in 2002, the UN-backed International Criminal Court (ICC) started out by prosecuting war criminals. But the Monsanto Tribunal will open up a whole new Pandora's Box. Although it has no power of enforcement, The Hague tribunal aims to set a precedent for prosecution for the crime of Ecocide - the deliberate destruction of entire ecosystems.

That opens the way for the successful prosecution of corporations for crimes such as illegal deforestation, and land grabbing for the purposes of resource exploitation. Since corporations can be state-run (as in China), this casts the net even wider for prosecution under Crimes Against Humanity.

Six questions are under consideration at the Monsanto Tribunal in The Hague. Question 5 relates directly to Agent Orange: "Is Monsanto complicit in the commission of a war crime ... by providing materials to the United States Army in the context of operation 'Ranch Hand' launched in Vietnam in 1962?"

Question 6 relates to the crime of Ecocide: "Could the past and present activities of Monsanto constitute a crime of ecocide, understood as causing serious damage or destroying the environment, so as to significantly and durably alter the global commons or ecosystem services upon which certain human groups rely?"

ecologist

Relating to Vietnam, where Monsanto dumped millions of gallons of Agent Orange during the Vietnam war, Monsanto is in that country again, pushing its GM products under a different company name.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

I'm thinking that maybe this Glyphospate is addictive. Look at the products-people get hooked on most of these. Then there is this statement

As GMOs laced with glyphosate are commonly fed to farm animals

Coincidence? Could GMOs get animals hooked on grain and food so they constantly want to feed and grow fatter to serve the masses? It might be wild speculation but if true it could have broader implications. What if the big three-McDonalds, KFC, Burger King-are getting their meat from animals hooked on grain and wheats laced with this glysophates to speed up the meat factory, and therefore passing on those addictive qualities to humans through consumption?

Why are some people "addicted" to fast food? convenience? laziness? The big three make me sick and I'm lazy but somehow I want to go back even though it tastes horrible. I might be going down the rabbit hole here but the GMO's used in the meats might be one of the problems and it could've spread to the sweet section of the mega-mart isle.

I've seen free range chicken breasts bigger than my hand, what was being fed to those chickens, the blood of Barry Bonds? the links might be dubious and I might be wrong but I believe it warrants further investigation.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Actually, this has been known for quite some time, how exposure levels (particularly in the USA) far exceed recommended levels. That nothing is being done about this proves how little Monsanto and the politicians it controls care for the people. While I miss much of this by avoiding most processed foods, no doubt excessive use of glyphosate permeates our entire food chain thus consumption cannot be eliminated altogether.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

I'm thinking that maybe this Glyphospate is addictive. Look at the products-people get hooked on most of these. Then there is this statement

It wouldn't surprise me a bit.

As GMOs laced with glyphosate are commonly fed to farm animals.

Coincidence? Could GMOs get animals hooked on grain and food so they constantly want to feed and grow fatter to serve the masses? It might be wild speculation but if true it could have broader implications. What if the big three-McDonalds, KFC, Burger King-are getting their meat from animals hooked on grain and wheats laced with this glysophates to speed up the meat factory, and therefore passing on those addictive qualities to humans through consumption?

I can see where you're going with this but I have to interrupt you here a sec.
I raise goats, chickens, cows, bunnies etc. Given a chance? They will get into their grain and chow until they die - no joke. Maybe not the chickens and bunnies but cows/goats/horses? You can stick a hundred pound bag a sweet feed in front of them and they will eat until it makes them sick/kills them.

The thing is? I think it's just greed. I'm pretty sure they don't have to make grain addictive as they love the stuff - to death.

Now people? Like I said I wouldn't at all be surprised.

Why are some people "addicted" to fast food? convenience? laziness? The big three make me sick and I'm lazy but somehow I want to go back even though it tastes horrible. I might be going down the rabbit hole here but the GMO's used in the meats might be one of the problems and it could've spread to the sweet section of the mega-mart isle.

I've seen free range chicken breasts bigger than my hand, what was being fed to those chickens, the blood of Barry Bonds? the links might be dubious and I might be wrong but I believe it warrants further investigation.

Those 'Franken-chickens' - I raise them. It's 6 weeks and they go to camp Kenmore. All they do is eat. They can barely walk (some can't) when it comes time to butcher. Those guys? They're bred to do just what they do - I don't think it's being addicted to grain but holy cow can they eat!

As for the fast food? People are so busy - and - look at the cost of food that's good for you in the store? SO expensive it's sick, which makes the 2 for $6.00 at BK tempting. That and we're so convinced it's the best food ever - we eat it because we don't know better.

peace

edit on 4216Tuesday201713 by silo13 because: html

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I don't know can your body get rid of all the toxins in the formula or are the accumulative? The new studies that use the entire round up formula rather than just the active ingredient shows the inert ingredients are far worse and damage cells.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I read a number of years ago that a man in California, who lived on the wild coast, built his organic wood house, grew his organic garden, ate only organic, why he read of a study done by a university to study some 90 different poisonous chemicals present in blood. they want samples.
h decided to see how he compared, compared to say, the san francisco normal person who ate processed everything and breathed the smoggy air.

he got his results back from the lab. his blood contained the exact same 90 chemicals, and in the same proportions, as everyone else in the study had!!

he then realized this stuff is in the air, the water, the soil: no escape!
did not matter if he lived on fast food for a week or two. or lived in downtown los angeles.

I am still getting over that huge china city where the particulates in the air were so so high. if 75 per cubic something of air: you should stay inside, what about 750 per cubic something?!

freestone

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Chef here;

There are a number of studies regarding the link between the uptick in "gluten sensitivity" with the time frame surrounding the rights of other companies making their own version of RoundUp. When others started making and using the chemical, and it was being used very liberally by many, many farms and food distributers, there was a very large uproar of people having issues with "gluten"

Gluten allergies have very, very similar reactions akin to Glyphosate poisoning.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: projectvxn

In this case she's just sharing something she read from elsewhere but she is, indeed, a piece of work. An ignorant one.

When your body is in the air, at a seriously high altitude, your body under goes some serious pressure. Just think about it – Airplanes thrive in places we don’t. You are traveling in a pressurized cabin, and when your body is pressurized, it gets really compressed!

It gets better.
www.freezepage.com...

All I know is if the food she eats makes her brain work the way it does I want to eat the opposite of her diet.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
This makes me glad I grow my own food.

People need ton feed their bodies with living food, not dead garbage from restaurants and gmo's.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
Oh my! that is so utterly deplorable and really very scary. How on earth can Government bodies pass this food as safe with such levels if only 1ppb is deemed unsafe? Makes no sense

Here's a link to the full independent report
Glyphosates

They don't care. That's how.

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love all those brands damnit. My Doritos are going to mutate me in to the toxic avenger,and then I will return to destroy the board of Monsanto as revenge!!

posted on Sep, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
As for the fast food? People are so busy - and - look at the cost of food that's good for you in the store? SO expensive it's sick, which makes the 2 for $6.00 at BK tempting.

Is that truly the situation in the US?
Here in the UK it is not, and I often travel all over England and Wales, can't speak for Scotland though.
I'm tight fisted and don't need to worry about providing myself food, but I eat as cheaply as I can with the greatest nutrition or calories.
It is overwhelmingly cheaper for me to buy healthy food cooked myself than fast food. It is all GM free and bleach washed free because that is banned for human consumption here as well.
Honestly, calorific and nutritional value ounce for ounce is way cheaper with healthy compared to fast food here.
I think it is ignorance of nutrition and laziness to blame in the UK, but you would know more about the situation in the US than me of course.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join