It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange New Phenomenon. Wobbling Background in Videos. Possible Mandela Effect?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: TombEscaper

What is the gospel matrix?

Gospel Matrix

The Gospel Matrix (caps are used), is a heuristic (self taught by trial and error), epistemological frame of reference arising outside of time and space and transcending all traditional human conceptualizations of cause and effect, here and there, this and that, me and you, dog eat dog, materialist monism.

If attempting, foolishly, to date it's introduction as a transcendent idea, because of it's super meta, self-referential, and timeless, spaceless, proposition and invitation to participate, some, like myself, consider it to have arisen simultaneously from the past, and the future, and thus, it can only present itself through the ever-present and ever-unfolding and enfold-ed, present moment.

That said, rumor has it that it was first proposed and described on an on-line discussion forum on the global Internet by the name of Above Top Secret on Saturday, September 16th, 2017, by a contributor by the name of AnkhMorpork, but, since by the time you read it in real time it's event horizon and nexus will have already passed you by and gone over your head - such considerations are irrelevant, even meaningless and absurd in the face of it's deeper implications and significance as a historical "Passover" phenomenon.

In a nutshell, the Gospel Matrix is the "Good News" (meaning of the word Gospel) that we are no longer imprisoned within nor constrained by the "world" in which we find ourselves immersed, having overcome the various problems, difficulties and trials and tribulations inherent in the old and now outmoded, paradigm, to walk boldly and with evermore power and courage into a domain of infinite potential and of limitless possibility.

It's the epiphany of Neo as he freezes time and drops the bullets that were headed his way, clicking like marbles in near simultaneity, to the floor.

It's to be chosen. To be in the world but not of it (said like Morpheus).

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

You are not going to like this reply to your comment for several reasons and on several levels, but here goes anyway.

1). I get it, I live it, then;
2) It's not new, read works of Augustine of Hippo; then
3) It's taught in the Orthodox churches, but only abot 5% get it.

Thanks

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Sometimes modern cell phones will do strange image stabilization but the black and white film is very strange and I can't think of one reason only the back ground would be affected by some new you tube algorithms

Strange

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
The Gospel Matrix replaced the Mandela effect only proving that the Mandela effect, however poorly conceived, was a sound principal ie: that the collective timeline can be altered. The Gospel Matrix however takes things a step further by suggesting that the outward manifestation arises from an inward state of mind, heart and being, or from within to without.

The concept is certainly not new. The angel declared it to John of Patmos when it said, speaking on behalf of the Lord, "I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last."

Accompanying the Gospel Matrix are seen and experienced, "signs and wonders" often manifesting as otherwise incomprehensible synchronicities, which then bring about the full and complete realization or what is called "flowering".

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I liked it.

Don't assume or project or judge. First idiom of the Gospel Matrix, because to be free from all judgement and condemnation is the domain of absolute Liberation and joy in koinonia (intimate, participatory fellowship) with the Lord.

But since it points to a felt experience, it could be said to be both something old AND something new and novel, present and fresh and alive.

That's interesting though. Will have to go read those guys. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This so called "Mandela effect" wobbly background phenomena could be really useful whilst shooting a vibrator comercial. It may save on batteries.

Or an advertisment for epileptic neuro surgeon's.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

STOP... STOP RIGHT NOW! Dammit... this stupidity and empowering ignorance has to STOP.

This is a common effect that occurs when people add poor quality warp stabilizing to videos with a lot of movement, it aint exactly rocket science or a conspiracy.

How do I donate 10.000 facepalms to one thread?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: carewemust

I think that is because phone cameras in portrait mode don't fit the full screen, so they just stretch and blur the left and right. pointless in my opinion, but seems common.

it's the same as the portrait left and right, just blurred and extended to fill the screen.

Thank-you. That makes sense! I've always wondered why people hold their cell phones in a vertical orientation to take photos and videos. I keep Samsung S7 horizontal, just like Televisions are oriented. Hopefully consumers will start reading their phone tutorials.

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
thats very very weird, i cant explain it
but what does this have to do with the false mandela effect?

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Thank-you. That makes sense! I've always wondered why people hold their cell phones in a vertical orientation to take photos and videos. I keep Samsung S7 horizontal, just like Televisions are oriented. Hopefully consumers will start reading their phone tutorials.

I always thought horizontal (landscape) for video, vertical (portrait) for photos...if I take a photo on my phone in landscape, it flips around and shrinks all weird when I try to view it as a full-screen image...but it's an HTC so I don't know if it goes for all phones.....

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: markymint

oh well mistery solved!

posted on Sep, 16 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

As others have said, nothing to get worked up about. Now, if this were seen while watching the Berenstain Bears or a VW commercial, then maybe...

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

Sometimes modern cell phones will do strange image stabilization but the black and white film is very strange and I can't think of one reason only the back ground would be affected by some new you tube algorithms

Strange

Um, if the effect is applied as part of a data reduction algorithm, which is likely to be used especially for older uncompressed and archival footing, it would affect all YouTube videos.

We live in a world that now has 'artificial intelligence' types of algorithms applied to all big data storage.

Consider video 'stabilization': We, as humans, have a preference for seeing faces, so much so that we see faces in many things that have no faces (paredoilia). So it is important to center and stabilize this bit of prime video data, because that is what we look at when we look at videos.

If the algorithm identifies a 'face' in the video, it attempts to center the face without loosing too much background detail. and without messing too much with the shape of the face. To center the face more, one side of the video must be squashed up and the other stretched.

At the same time, due to the focus of modern cameras (which also use facial identification tricks to focus subject matter) it is likely that the background will not have a sharp focus. Algorithims that try and 'sharpen' the focus by estimating edges have difficulty in determining where to place the edge boundaries in moving blurred video. Obviously straight or circularly/mathematically curved edges are more likely to be in the areas hidden by the blur and so the edges are rendered mathematically and placed at the points where they are most likely.

This means that you can throw away all that blurred out pixel data and replace it with coordinates, equations and blend values, which are, by comparison, tiny compared against many millions of multi-hued pixels (many of which may have been the same anyway).

Now we get to the face. The reason we identify a face as a face is due to the similarities of all faces. Because all faces share those same similarities, we can throw away the data behind those areas of the face and simply render them, again reducing the amount of data to tiny fractions of the originals.

You can still apply the usual data reduction of replacing large areas of the one shade of pixel with boundary coordinates and a simple fill algorithm.

So you see, YouTube video's are not an exact picture like most imagine but are largely rendered and compressed content made from the original video.

No mandella effect required.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
It's a strange effect for sure, but you made a pretty good case for the causes of this distortion, I clearly am a noob with video stuff

edit on 17-9-2017 by penroc3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
In my timeline, nobody would have posted a thread this absurd.

Mandela confirmed!

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
It's a strange effect for sure, but you made a pretty good case for the causes of this distortion, I clearly am a noob with video stuff

Inceptionism: Going Deeper into Neural Networks - Google Research Blog

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Most people know about poor quality camera stabilization.

I've used many video editors, stabilization on some produce similar effects. High end editors have very smooth stabilization.

Both methods would cause the focal point to be affected (where the example video is not).

Youtube does convert all video to h264 - which doesn't have anything to do with stabilization.

There are a lot of simi-pro content creators on youtube that would flip their lids at their video being manipulated like that.. Content creators of all levels would flip - including me.

The OPs examples state the videos aren't like this for the raw footage - and that the youtube version didn't look like this..

In fact I can't think of any stabilization that only affects the background... That would take considerable cpu and ram to separate a face, then somehow only run the stabilization on everything but the face - to every frame. Most video codecs are 29ish frames per second - that's an insane amount of processing and time.

posted on Sep, 17 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Perhaps these videos are shot with a camera that is trying to focus on the person and the background and is adjusting depth?

posted on Sep, 18 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

HA!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join