It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking now. Explosion on Underground train Parsons green

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: Revolution9

What do you suggest they do to protect us more?

I saw a documentary on Netflix good 6 months ago called The Jihadist Next Door. Basically a camera crew followed around outspoken jihadist for a few days. By outspoken I mean it was obvious what they had in mind. Even the police intervened at one time.

One of them was one of the London Bridge terrorists later on. Another one an albino guy I just saw 2 -3 weeks ago at Barking tube station chatting up with his buddies.

I suggest at least these well known characters should disappear somehow no?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

All of the nonsense you just posted can be reduced to this.

Some Christians (or just white people, and you know it) commit murder. There is no guidance to do so and no obligation to do so for any christian belief, or any god.

Some Muslims (and not just brown people, and you know it) commit murder. They believe they are doing it for allah, their holy lands and are obligated by your holy book to do so. Even one of your 5 jihads compels muslims in foreign lands to fight the enemy where they are, it is the obligation of all muslims to take up the 'struggle' against the enemy.

But carry on, no issue here, nothing to see, just another attack on innocent people, possibly, but not confirmed, to be acted out by someone who believes in a moon wizard with a big knife.

Or maybe a random twat who just happens to follow the same modus operandi as has been seen in "RECENT" history.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yep true, but as someone would have us believe we should be much more worried about the IRA.

the problem we had with the IRA was they actually made proper bombs.

Do you recall how many people said, at the time " Naww, we don't know for sure. Ok, they blow people up and stuff, but we don't know this terror attack was the IRA. Stop being so ignorant. Makes me sad.
"

I seem to recall the IRA were pretty much on their own. Oh if only today huh. all the leftists giving them a free pass.

Tiocfaidh ár lá...

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi

Well I'm 99.999999999% sure it aint the Buddists, or the Catholics, or the Protestants, or the gay rights movement, or some transgender group, or Antifa, or the right wing either.

The only people who have a history of doing this, and are doing it more and more are the Muslims - so sods law dictates that who it's going to be this time too.

You are 99.9999999999% wrong, then. London was being bombed by the Irish long before Muslim terrorists became Public Enemy #1. The republic dissident groups such as the IRA were Catholic, though this was more of a cultural identification than a religious one.

If you're wondering when the IRA were last active... well, there have been 3 bombs this year so far. Currently they're focusing elsewhere, but they (or their splinter groups) are still active and London remains a valid target.

I agree it's almost certainly Islamic terrorism in this case, but Islam is a newcomer to the terrorist game in the UK and, thank God, they're crap at it compared to the Irish.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: gps777

You'll be accused of using a biased website that is 'anti-islamic' for that.

Regardless, I agree with you. People with blinkers on, prefer to think everyone is the same, so we're all guilty of something and thereby removing guilt from those we point the finger at.

It's like, a bee stung someone at a mall. then a week later 2 bees stung people in a park. a month later a group of bees stung many people at a concert. A year later, bees everywhere were stinging people in crowded streets. Then they were orchestrating multiple stingings at the same time in different places. But today, someone said they got stung, and everyone says "How do you know it was a bee? That's just ignorant."

could have been a wasp though.

Touche !!

I knew I was walking into my own trap there.. lol quick you are !!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
These packed commuter trains are perfect for terrorists to leave unattended baggage bombs. People probably saw the bag but thought maybe it belonged to this guy or that girl or maybe this guy or that woman. people are packed onto those trains like sardines.

Now a unattended bag or rucksack sitting on it's own with no-one near it makes people think differently.

ps, I stepped off a bus last month when a clean shaven guy of middle east appearance got on with a rucksack and sat behind me. Call me a big girls arse all you like, better the 1 mile walk home than no legs to walk home with.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You have to ask yourself what his motive was. Was he instructed to commit this crime based in an ideology, because of an ideology, or because he was just a racist.

Certainly he didn't attend church to be filled with his desires.

Either way, he's a scumbag and I hope he rots. But the differences in intent are east and west.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Hi guys, I'm a long time lurker, first time poster. I am typing this on a mobile tablet so I am unable to post links, pictures etc.

I've been following this story closely all morning as its a line I use on a regular basis. I have also been hoping it had been an accident, like an e-cig or rechargeable battery going off (it happens)

I'm very disturbed to see that its now been declared a terrorist incident and is still a developing story as I type this. My thoughts are with those affected and I wish anyone reading this a safe journey home.

A few things became apparent this morning as the story broke, which concerned me. I am a tin foil hat conspiracist and I tend to pick these things apart when they happen. And as this is a conspiracy website I figured this would be a good place to post my thoughts to see if anybody else had similar thoughts.

The first was a breaking news alert on the BBC app at around 8:47am London time which said "incident reported on London tube train-officials investigating " incident" on district line underground train at Parsons Green, South west London" with an accompanying pin line (is that the correct term?) Saying that it was a breaking news story and more details will he published shortly. I looked on both the BBC and sky news websites and there were no immediate stories mentioning this. I thought it odd that something with very little information would warrant a breaking news alert, the last one prior to that being the night before about the NK missile. Last week there was a minor explosion at Euston station when an e-cig exploded and a small electrical explosion in Oxford street, neither of which got a breaking news alert.

Within around half an hour of this alert, the news caught wind of it and sky news broke the story, already saying it was too early to jump to conclusions with so little information etc etc, but then mentioning the events of 7/7 and other incidents so it was already clear that this was the opinion the news had. Also at around the same time, the Metro (a free newspaper handed out outside stations) was posting on social media pictures of the device and the lidl bag on fire with wires sticking out. Somebody very smartly pointed out that the story was posted at a quarter to 9 but the time stamp on the story said 09:30. Interesting, right? (I wish I had taken a screen shot of that!)

A few hours later it was confirmed as a terrorist incident and apparently the device had either detonated too early or failed to detonate properly. Now Parsons green is a bit of an odd station. Is it possible the target was intended at somewhere else along the line? Both Earls court and Paddington are a few stops away and much bigger stations.

I'm very surprised to see that the have not raised the terrorist rest level despite not knowing who planted the device or having anybody under arrest yet.

London folk, I wish you a safe journey home!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Well I'm 99.999999999% sure it aint the Buddists, or the Catholics, or the Protestants, or the gay rights movement, or some transgender group, or Antifa, or the right wing either.

The only people who have a history of doing this, and are doing it more and more are the Muslims - so sods law dictates that who it's going to be this time too.

You are 99.9999999999% wrong, then. London was being bombed by the Irish long before Muslim terrorists became Public Enemy #1. The republic dissident groups such as the IRA were Catholic, though this was more of a cultural identification than a religious one.

If you're wondering when the IRA were last active... well, there have been 3 bombs this year so far. Currently they're focusing elsewhere, but they (or their splinter groups) are still active and London remains a valid target.

I agree it's almost certainly Islamic terrorism in this case, but Islam is a newcomer to the terrorist game in the UK and, thank God, they're crap at it compared to the Irish.

I'm talking about now you utter buffoon, not the 1980's, or the 1940's or the 1700's - right now, today.

No one is going around planting bombs but the Muslims. I am 99.999999999% sure that right now there are no Catholics or anyone else bombing anyone, apart from muslims bombing any and all non muslims.

What part of that simple English can you not grasp.

Jesus H Christ some of you haven't the IQ of an amoeba
edit on -05:0020175America/ChicagoFri, 15 Sep 2017 08:52:06 -0500_thAmerica/Chicago0952 by Power_Semi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: PinkWolf

Is it possible the target was intended at somewhere else along the line? Both Earls court and Paddington are a few stops away and much bigger stations.

There was a timer in the device. I am sure it was intended to blow up somewhere else. I am not sure if this train was east bound, then the target should be Earls Court or going down south crossing the bridge. Both would be devastating.

Oh and welcome to ATS PinkWolf

edit on 15-9-2017 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

I'd suggest a slight exageration on there being a huge fireball engulfing the carriages. More than likely it was a small flame fire which maybe spread about 6x6 feet which is why only 15 to 20 people got burns.

In any case it was definitely intended to cause major probs on a packed cummuter train.

Children going school aswell.

It seems these guys don't care if they attack children.

This (had it gone off properly) would have caused mass deaths at that time. And now the carriages are open access all the way through so more people would have died for sure. They used to be closed off carriages!

I've just been reading that children were amongst the injured.

I was wondering if the govt and media will showcase a huge graphic front-page photograph of broken bleeding innocent children resulting from the heartless soul-less acts of hateful terrorists, like they did with the little Syrian kid that drowned in the Med and they moved his little lifeless body to a another part of the beach to be photographed alone and abandoned for maximum shock effect, accusing the EU and Europeans of inhumanity and evil.

I would assume that considering all govts and the msm are all just as offended, aggrieved and horrified at terrorism and its innocent victims as they are against neglecting refugees, that these injured child victims will be highly publicised to gain global support for immediately and instantly stamping out terrorism, just like it successfully gained global support and instantly changed the refugee situation and let the lot in.

Come on govt and come on MSM, get ya cameras out and do it again. That's if you really want an end to the terrorism and fear that is allowed to reside and flourish in our society.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

I'm talking about now you utter buffoon, not the 1980's, or the 1940's or the 1700's - right now, today.

No one is going around planting bombs but the Muslims. I am 99.999999999% sure that right now there are no Catholics or anyone else bombing anyone, apart from muslims bombing any and all non muslims.

What part of that simple English can you not grasp.

Jesus H Christ some of you haven't the IQ of an amoeba

As I said earler to another member.

What about Pavlo Lapshyn?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

EXCELLENT POST!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: gps777

Compare that with your IRA.

Now what are the stats for the attacks and killings by Christians both in Christian majority countries and by Christian majority militaries? I'm pretty sure the Christian-majority US has done more attacks and killed more people than that in Afghanistan and Iraq alone. And if the Christian is in a revered group that kills for a living like the Marines or is a British sniper with a record kill distance, he/she is even celebrated.

And then there's the countless number of Christians killed every year in Christian majority countries by other Christians, be it murdered spouses, child abuse deaths, shootings, vehicular homicides, "justifiable homicides", prison killings, etc. The vast majority of African Americans are Christians, which would mean the gang violence is largely between self proclaimed Christians. The mafioso are notoriously Catholic, as are many of the Latin American cartels. The ones in Mexico even behead people, blow up cars, and have shootouts with both police and military; and this includes one cartel called the Knights Templar, which was even more brutal than the others generally were. Christian majority countries like Uganda have "kill the gays" legislation. And even the supposedly evil & murderous politicians like Cheney, Bush, Obama, and the Clintons are self proclaimed Christians.

But of course, we all know the pattern here. When a Muslim commits a crime or kills someone, it's the fault of Islam as a whole. But when a Christian commits a crime or kills someone, it's strictly the fault of the individual. It doesn't matter that the Islamic extremist groups are organized crime rings that mainly attack other Muslim citizens and Muslims that oppose them. Nope, gotta blow it out of proportion to fit your agenda.

Isn't the main difference that Christians aren't kiling people in the name of Jesus or God. You can't call someone a Christian terrorist because they are in a violent gang and happen to class themsleves as Christian.

You CAN call someone a Muslim terrorist if they are killing people in the name of Mohammed and Allah and specifying that they are being led to do it by spirtual counsel.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
After the first 2 pages I couldn't be bothered to read any more replies but still felt compelled to leave my own.

"This has gotta be the most fake-ass BS I've ever seen. The "eye-witness" was smiling while telling her terrible tale of terror and panic, the "wounded-woman" photo was nothing less than ridiculous and I see it as nothing more than a poorly-funded attempt to keep the terrorism narrative alive at the first opportunity. Now, here's Tom with the weather..."

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

What confuses me is CCTV should've picked this up earlier as Britain has one the highest rates of surveillance in the world.

'Never mind me folks, I'm just carrying this totally non suspicious bucket with wires and volatile substances, carry on.'

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: slider1982

What confuses me is CCTV should've picked this up earlier as Britain has one the highest rates of surveillance in the world.

'Never mind me folks, I'm just carrying this totally non suspicious bucket with wires and volatile substances, carry on.'

It was in a supermarket plastic bag so would just look normal before the event but nice and easy to find on cctv afterwards.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I am also talking about now.

As your tone does rather suggest you're just trolling for reactions at the moment, I'm not going to put a lot of effort into this. Not that I need to, as all the information is readily available.

-23 January: The New IRA attempted to kill a police officer in north Belfast using an AK-47. He was hit multiple times in the arm at a petrol station on Crumlin road, Ardoyne.

-22 February: A bomb exploded in the driveway of a PSNI officer's home as a bomb squad was trying to make it safe. The bomb was thought to have fallen off the officer's vehicle. Nobody was injured.

-21 March: A roadside bomb exploded as an armoured PSNI vehicle passed in Strabane. There were no injuries but the PSNI claimed the police officers were very lucky to escape. The new IRA claimed responsibility for the attack.

-22 April: A bomb was left outside the gates of a school after the bomber(s) suspected they were being watched. The New IRA is suspected.

-2 June: The Gardai Siochana found 6kg (13.2lb) of Semtex in Dublin city believed to belong to the group. Two men were arrested.

I make that 3 bombs, 1 shooting, and a bloody great lump of high explosives (which you could arguably discount as it didn't happen in the UK, even though the target was almost certainly the UK) - and that's just from 2017.

Or does it only count if it's in September 2017?

Or does it only count if it's on 15th September 2017?

You might need to clarify how narrowly you are prepared to restrict the focus to finally introduce any validity into your post.

Again, I agree that the vast and overbearing majority of terrorism-related violence in the current world flows from Islam, the numbers certainly do support that, but it's simply wrong to say that no one else is doing it.

XL5

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
An IED does not need to properly explode and or kill people to cause terror. Just like acid attacks are not meant to kill. A wall of fire and first degree burns are not a walk in the park, less so if you inhale the fire.

It seems what the terrorist did was fill the bucket with cloth and some thing like gas and then sparked it so the fumes would make a fireball. All of that could be done without anyone becoming suspicious.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: nonspecific

I just don't get it. Every single time there's a bomb, or suspected bomb, there's cries of "Muslims did it!" when there's not been any details released about who did it. It's almost like people have to be the first to say it.

But I'm done here now. I made my point.

The bit that saddens me is if it turns out not to be a Muslim and you can see that people are really dissapointed and then just wander off grumbling that they don't get to rant about it.

No fun if it's a white guy or a Christian is it?

You ever think that maybe it seems less threatening when it's some other group, since they don't go around doing this all the time. People are tuned into it being jihadis by experience, hell, when I was a kid, Irish people often got viewed with suspicion, not because everyone is racist against them, but because they were the most likely people to blow stuff up.

I spent a very scary night in the countryside of Antrim once, beautiful place, a lot like my home, but I was on alert the whole time because there was something to be worried about, much like now.

Sadly not. I think it is because people like to be allowed to hate Muslims and when something gives them the chance to vocalise it they pounce on it.

I know what you mean about the Irish thing though.

No doubt there will be some who just want to reinforce their hatred for muslims through attacks like this, to paint everyone who looks at the nature of an attack and takes a position that its jihadi terror as a far right nut job is no different to the bloke who thinks every single muslim is out to get him.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join