It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking now. Explosion on Underground train Parsons green

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
a reply to: kamatty

Lithium batteries may explode in case of charger malfunction. They should not explode "per se" or if they are short circuited.

May first thought was that somebody was transporting petrol in the bucket. Petrol may explode in some plastic containers, but if 10 liters of petrol explodes in subway carriage, almost everybody there would sustain significant burns if not other injuries. But passengers report a "wall of fire" ... may be firecracker near of half liter of some organic solvent may do this effect.

Or small can of lighter gas (propane). It is consistent with almost no burn marks on the plastic bucket. Liquid explosive would probably set the bucket and near objects on fire .

Why are people posting silly stuff.

It was an IED with wires and timer. A packed train.

I reckon this was supposed to go off a few stops later when it reached Earls Court or something. The guy probably got a bit nervy and left the tube early or he did it at that point on purpose.

I'm speculating on what I see ... if this was meant as IED, some kid did it. I do not know what is inside bucket but for sure it is not triacetone triperoxide often used by terrorists because it is highly unstable. If some professional (military or mining) explosive was inside, it was not properly initiated. Initiators itselfs are not capable of "wall of flames" ...
edit on 15-9-2017 by JanAmosComenius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: gps777
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yep true, but as someone would have us believe we should be much more worried about the IRA.

the problem we had with the IRA was they actually made proper bombs.

they had a lot of own goals though.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Which leads me to suspect amateurs.

Even the idea of a bomb on public transport, whether it works or not, delivers terror. Fear. Panic.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

As I stated earlier, I did better in his age

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

As I stated earlier, I did better in his age

and as i said many ways to make a bomb and a lot simpler than your wanting to make it out to be. also i dare say that a plastic water bottle has much less compression strength than a 5 gal plastic paint bucket.

it was just luck that who ever made this bomb didn't do it right, or didn't pay attention to bomb making in terrorist bomb making.
edit on 15-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: gps777
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Yep true, but as someone would have us believe we should be much more worried about the IRA.

the problem we had with the IRA was they actually made proper bombs.

58 dead 7 July 2005 London bombings are just amateurs?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: JanAmosComenius

I'd suggest a slight exageration on there being a huge fireball engulfing the carriages. More than likely it was a small flame fire which maybe spread about 6x6 feet which is why only 15 to 20 people got burns.

In any case it was definitely intended to cause major probs on a packed cummuter train.

Children going school aswell.

It seems these guys don't care if they attack children.

This (had it gone off properly) would have caused mass deaths at that time. And now the carriages are open access all the way through so more people would have died for sure. They used to be closed off carriages!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

So you think its stupid to assume Islamic terrorists? I think its perfectly acceptable and in the current climate a very normal logical reaction. The police and MI5 have declared it a terrorist attack....who are the well known terrorists of the day? Yup Muslims not exactly a giant leap of the imagination to assume this attack is also Islamic in nature

Name one recent terrorist attack in Europe that WASN'T Islamic Jihadists whether lone wolf or otherwise

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
a reply to: TerryDon79

So you think its stupid to assume Islamic terrorists? I think its perfectly acceptable and in the current climate a very normal logical reaction. The police and MI5 have declared it a terrorist attack....who are the well known terrorists of the day? Yup Muslims not exactly a giant leap of the imagination to assume this attack is also Islamic in nature

Name one recent terrorist attack in Europe that WASN'T Islamic Jihadists whether lone wolf or otherwise

Could you define recent?

Also is "lone wolf" not a term to explain anyone who does commit a terrorist act but is NOT a Muslim these days?
edit on 15/9/2017 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/9/2017 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

I have said what ever I could from my "professional" viewpoint. It is based on personal experience and theory which I gained at chemistry high school (lessons started with quantum mechanics as it is foundation of chemistry, it was good school and lot of students were really interested in how explosives works).

I'll refrain from posting in this thread until official report (what and how exploded in the bucket) will emerge.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Could be nazi types or some type of Irish attack too. But leaning towrds it by Islamic based is the best bet from previous attacks worldwide

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Does President Trump know something we do not know? He has said similar before.

Are the intelligence services being too casual like the U.S President says?

From The Mail (this is supported by other MSM and both President and Prime Minister did make the tweets):

www.dailymail.co.uk...

"'Another attack in London by a loser terrorist,' Trump tweeted. 'These are sick and demented people who were in the sights of Scotland Yard. Must be proactive!'
A former adviser to British Prime Minister Theresa May chimed in almost immediately on Twitter to insist Trump doesn't know what he's talking about when he suggested police missed the chance to stop the bomber."

TOO MANY PEOPLE ARE DYING AND BEING INJURED! The British Government and security services/police are not protecting people properly. Start protecting us NOW.

There are many things they can do. Israel does it really well. How often do you here of bombs in Israel now? That is why in Israel they resorted to the knife attacks. It is very hard to get away with anything else other than that. Even car ramming is hard to get away with there now. They have screens at the airports and major commuter stations (train and bus). If it stops people being killed it is worth it. This can't be allowed to continue.

We must be protected. We pay taxes for it. We, the public, are being abused if you are not protecting us. If you can't protect us then you must allow us to protect ourselves.

They are penny pinching again, not willing to invest in security properly. Disgusting government. How low. Look how many incidents there has been in Britain. This is no longer acceptable.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: SprocketUK

a reply to: Power_Semi

The only people who have a history of doing this, and are doing it more and more are the Muslims

That right there is nonsense.

Guess you've never heard of the IRA? Look up the incident counts, deaths and injuries from the early 70s to mid 90s in the UK and compare it to the last 20 years.

To be fair, since 2001 it's been Radical Jihadis that have done the vast majority of killing ordinary people, the IRA don't enter the equation...I expect dentists have killed more folks than the IRA have in the last ten years.

I wasn't addressing that. I was addressing this...

The only people who have a history of doing this, and are doing it more and more are the Muslims

Surely you saw the context in which that statement was made though? I mean, come on, you'd have to be rain man to miss it.

The context where the poster said this?

If people don't want to be called out on their rubbish, they shouldn't post it.

Why the hell are you so bent out of shape over this? It is apparent to most of us that in "RECENT" history there is only one group of people who create terror using IEDs or prefer to blow themselves up, after using any means necessary to terrorise a place.

Get over it, you are gnawing on your own leg.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

What do you suggest they do to protect us more?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: gps777

You'll be accused of using a biased website that is 'anti-islamic' for that.

Regardless, I agree with you. People with blinkers on, prefer to think everyone is the same, so we're all guilty of something and thereby removing guilt from those we point the finger at.

It's like, a bee stung someone at a mall. then a week later 2 bees stung people in a park. a month later a group of bees stung many people at a concert. A year later, bees everywhere were stinging people in crowded streets. Then they were orchestrating multiple stingings at the same time in different places. But today, someone said they got stung, and everyone says "How do you know it was a bee? That's just ignorant."

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf
a reply to: gps777

You'll be accused of using a biased website that is 'anti-islamic' for that.

Regardless, I agree with you. People with blinkers on, prefer to think everyone is the same, so we're all guilty of something and thereby removing guilt from those we point the finger at.

It's like, a bee stung someone at a mall. then a week later 2 bees stung people in a park. a month later a group of bees stung many people at a concert. A year later, bees everywhere were stinging people in crowded streets. Then they were orchestrating multiple stingings at the same time in different places. But today, someone said they got stung, and everyone says "How do you know it was a bee? That's just ignorant."

could have been a wasp though.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: Revolution9

What do you suggest they do to protect us more?

Read my post. I just told you.

There are many things that can be done. The security services can monitor Mosques they deem to be a threat. They have many Muslim agents, believe it.

They can build the security screens.

They can have greater camera monitoring hot spots.

Rapid response units, armed and situated in central London ready for swift deployment. Stealth monitors among the public at rush hour times.

I would do any of those jobs in London if it meant the public don't have to live in fear every morning and evening going to work to earn their living and work for the state.

Greater screening of refugees, not this abusive charade. Recently it emerged at processing centres the asylum seekers and refugees are being abused by the contractors who provide this service for the government. How to make someone hate you and want to bomb you; do that to them. I would work in a refugee centre, giving kind and compassionate care to these people.

It is a sham and the government are not taking proper responsibility if this is happening with the kind of frequency we are experiencing.

edit on 15-9-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   

a reply to: nonspecific

I just don't get it. Every single time there's a bomb, or suspected bomb, there's cries of "Muslims did it!" when there's not been any details released about who did it. It's almost like people have to be the first to say it.

But I'm done here now. I made my point.

in "RECENT" history, every time there has been a targeted bombing, mass stabbing, truck driving into crowds, is HAS been muslims.

You didn't so much make a point, as point out how nothing will ever be done with people poking their fingers in their ears and closing their eyes to every day events on this idiotic planet.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

This is what is making the British more racist. it must be addressed. The attitudes in British society now are awful. It is cause and effect, action and consequence. It is all obvious.

Sort it out, mate Theresa!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

a reply to: nonspecific

I just don't get it. Every single time there's a bomb, or suspected bomb, there's cries of "Muslims did it!" when there's not been any details released about who did it. It's almost like people have to be the first to say it.

But I'm done here now. I made my point.

in "RECENT" history, every time there has been a targeted bombing, mass stabbing, truck driving into crowds, is HAS been muslims.

You didn't so much make a point, as point out how nothing will ever be done with people poking their fingers in their ears and closing their eyes to every day events on this idiotic planet.

link

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join