It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking now. Explosion on Underground train Parsons green

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: nonspecific

I just don't get it. Every single time there's a bomb, or suspected bomb, there's cries of "Muslims did it!" when there's not been any details released about who did it. It's almost like people have to be the first to say it.

But I'm done here now. I made my point.

The bit that saddens me is if it turns out not to be a Muslim and you can see that people are really dissapointed and then just wander off grumbling that they don't get to rant about it.

No fun if it's a white guy or a Christian is it?

You ever think that maybe it seems less threatening when it's some other group, since they don't go around doing this all the time. People are tuned into it being jihadis by experience, hell, when I was a kid, Irish people often got viewed with suspicion, not because everyone is racist against them, but because they were the most likely people to blow stuff up.

I spent a very scary night in the countryside of Antrim once, beautiful place, a lot like my home, but I was on alert the whole time because there was something to be worried about, much like now.

Sadly not. I think it is because people like to be allowed to hate Muslims and when something gives them the chance to vocalise it they pounce on it.

I know what you mean about the Irish thing though.

No doubt there will be some who just want to reinforce their hatred for muslims through attacks like this, to paint everyone who looks at the nature of an attack and takes a position that its jihadi terror as a far right nut job is no different to the bloke who thinks every single muslim is out to get him.

I don't think most people are extreme right wing nutters just that the media is bombarding eveyone with "the threat of muslim terror" and it sinks in and people just expect it to be so and then feel less guilty about there inherent desire to dislike something that is different to thier own cultural upbringing.

Bob lists a bunch of IRA incidents this year yet they do not get much media attention. A dissilusioned young kid gets a knife and tries to do something stupid and its all over the news like the next 9/11 but the IRA get caught with a huge lump of cemtex and little is said as it does not suit the current agenda.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: slider1982

What confuses me is CCTV should've picked this up earlier as Britain has one the highest rates of surveillance in the world.

'Never mind me folks, I'm just carrying this totally non suspicious bucket with wires and volatile substances, carry on.'

Honestly with the amount of builders using the network both Underground and Buses you would not batter a eye lid at someone carrying this, everyday people board transport with some fairly heavy tools and equipment, a Bucket in a Lidl bag would not raise any concerns..

Regarding the location as questioned above by "Pinkwolf" that line if it was central bound into London is very very busy at that time of the morning as a lot of the city workers come in from Putney and Wimbledon, plus it would not be a location that would not be under heavy security such as Kings Cross, Euston, Oxford street etc etc or so I would think??..

Personally although the odds are fairly slim of being caught up in these attacks, targeting commuters really is like shooting rats in a barrel. The buses during rush hour are rammed to the hilt as are the trains.. It takes one person to get through or one event to be successful to do major damage.

Cobra had a meeting at 1pm, and the threat level has not been raised???, I find this odd as no one as far as I know has been caught and we have a London Mayor that is a total piece of sh1t with blinkers on, accident waiting to happen, put up facebook filter with stupid slogan..

RA

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TerryDon79
a reply to: nonspecific

I just don't get it. Every single time there's a bomb, or suspected bomb, there's cries of "Muslims did it!" when there's not been any details released about who did it. It's almost like people have to be the first to say it.

But I'm done here now. I made my point.

The bit that saddens me is if it turns out not to be a Muslim and you can see that people are really dissapointed and then just wander off grumbling that they don't get to rant about it.

No fun if it's a white guy or a Christian is it?

You ever think that maybe it seems less threatening when it's some other group, since they don't go around doing this all the time. People are tuned into it being jihadis by experience, hell, when I was a kid, Irish people often got viewed with suspicion, not because everyone is racist against them, but because they were the most likely people to blow stuff up.

I spent a very scary night in the countryside of Antrim once, beautiful place, a lot like my home, but I was on alert the whole time because there was something to be worried about, much like now.

Sadly not. I think it is because people like to be allowed to hate Muslims and when something gives them the chance to vocalise it they pounce on it.

I know what you mean about the Irish thing though.

No doubt there will be some who just want to reinforce their hatred for muslims through attacks like this, to paint everyone who looks at the nature of an attack and takes a position that its jihadi terror as a far right nut job is no different to the bloke who thinks every single muslim is out to get him.

I don't think most people are extreme right wing nutters just that the media is bombarding eveyone with "the threat of muslim terror" and it sinks in and people just expect it to be so and then feel less guilty about there inherent desire to dislike something that is different to thier own cultural upbringing.

Bob lists a bunch of IRA incidents this year yet they do not get much media attention. A dissilusioned young kid gets a knife and tries to do something stupid and its all over the news like the next 9/11 but the IRA get caught with a huge lump of cemtex and little is said as it does not suit the current agenda.

Look at the nature of the threat though. The version of the IRA that is still active is still bound by their reluctance to kill loads of people and cause maximum hurt. The bomb by a school seems to have been dumped there, rather than targeted at it.
I am on the enemy side as far as the IRA are concerned, but I would be utterly amazed if they decided to blow up a train with women and kids on, or say, a concert venue full of teenage girls.

Blow up the tory party conference, destroy iconic buildings, but, generally, they stop short of killing large numbers of civilians (Warrington and Enniskillen type events notwithstanding)

ETA those NEW IRA ops you listed were all in another country too, that's why it wasn't huge news.
edit on 19pFri, 15 Sep 2017 10:18:19 -050020172017-09-15T10:18:19-05:00kAmerica/Chicago30000000k by SprocketUK because: addendum

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: kamatty

Right now anything is possible but using a plastic bucket is not going to cause that much damage.

Even if it was filled with ball bearings? Are you an explosives expert?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Sorry I feel your anger believe me but I also get irritated when all we ever hear is about protecting London. What about all the other cities and towns in the United Kingdom. Manchester where l live also had a terrorist attack this year just saying!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here we go again. Another sad day! The perpetrator has been spotted on cameras and I would assume by now they know who he is and as with the others he will be on one of the lists of potentially dangerous Muslim/Jahadi maggots.

And until we address/deal with in some way all those on lists this will continue at the occurrence rate it has been in recent times if not become more common!

If you want to stop these attacks then you have to deal in some way to varying degrees with those who are potential attackers!!!!!!!!!!!!! Broken record but fact!

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

I've never heard as much hatred and anger from Brits (black and white) as I have this past year or so and I'm 50. I have heard complete strangers saying all sorts of things they would probably have never said (or even thought) a few years back. We need someone to stand up and really say and do what most Brits want. If something isn't done soon I dread to think because peoples anger in this Country is like a pressure cooker ready to explode. Trouble is anyone who dares to speak out are demonized or pushed out of their jobs. Take for instance the Labour MP who tried to open up debate about certain paedophile rings a few weeks ago she had to resign.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Am most saddened by the way people treated eachother attempting to get out of the station, trampling over kids and pregnant women. I understand fear does irrational things to people but that is horrifying.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
Am most saddened by the way people treated eachother attempting to get out of the station, trampling over kids and pregnant women. I understand fear does irrational things to people but that is horrifying.

Its easy to say when your sat in your armchair watching the t.v

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Justify being a coward if you want to. Your assumptions don't mean a great deal to me.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015

Justify being a coward if you want to. Your assumptions don't mean a great deal to me.

Form a orderly queue if you like, I'll use your head as a stepping stone.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Looks like a failed IED, the bucket is probably full of glass and nails.

They are saying it is larger than the one that went off at the concert, but it failed....

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

The bucket could just be the outer casing to hide an inner one that might be metal, or even tightly wrapped layers of tape embedded with nails bearing etc...

Who would have thought a pressure cooker would make a great bomb, as example... There are many many ways to do it...

edit on 15-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: WhyDidIJoin

originally posted by: thesaneone

Right now anything is possible but using a plastic bucket is not going to cause that much damage.

I never said it wouldn't harm people, I'm saying it wouldn't cause as much damage as something as strong as a pressure cooker or similar.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   
The bucket is a nonsense story invented by western media to distract the attention from Intelligence operations.
Similar to the suicide vests in Brussels airport

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flanker86
The bucket is a nonsense story invented by western media to distract the attention from Intelligence operations.
Similar to the suicide vests in Brussels airport

anything to support your dismissal of this incident other than your anti west syndrome?

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JanAmosComenius
Huh, I was better in bomb making when I was 10 years old. I was in to chemistry a lot at that time and substances were readily available at common drugstores. Later my laboratory (hidden in abandoned small water station) was raided by police chemical squat. I had luck, because I was only 14 years old so there were no legal troubles despite fact they recovered kilo of black powder, few grams of explosive mercury and few construction pipes turned to shrapnels. Thanks God computers came in. Otherwise I would end without eyes, fingers or hands.

BTW I tested my homemade shoulder rocket launcher. Rocket exploded in the barrel and from that time my right ear is weaker.

LOL was doing the same at 12 to 17 in the 70's
Even fired off an old WWII anti-aircraft canon by our legion hall one night
was going true a case off explosive ever summer blowing up beaver dam LOL

I use D engine rocket and replace the parachute with a stick off 40% dynamite
launch from a 3 inch suna tube use a old drill switch and battery to light up the rocket awesome

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
UK to deploy troops to enhance security

BUT, there is still no problem. We're not letting them change our way of life at all. And if you think there's a problem with this, you're probably Islamophobic and need to be investigated and/or possibly jailed.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
The threat level has now been raised to critical (the highest level) meaning an attack may be imminent.

www.bbc.com...

Which tells me they dont know who left the bomb this morning or where they are now.

Or, they know who it was but they are unable to him/her now.

posted on Sep, 15 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty
The threat level has now been raised to critical (the highest level) meaning an attack may be imminent.

www.bbc.com...

Which tells me they dont know who left the bomb this morning or where they are now.

Or, they know who it was but they are unable to him/her now.

Searching for the culprit as we speak.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join