It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portlandia: Portland Deletes Its Gang List for Having Too Many Blacks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

I think his name means "explain again" or "speak revolution" or "say it over and over".
Not sure.

Here, since it's rude to speak about someone in 3rd person in front of their face, I'll just ask him.

Xuenchen, are you Donald Trump?
ATS is dying to know.
*teehee*

Oh, and did I translate your name properly?? I'm good with the Chinese-speak.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

What other agency do you speak of?
The ATF or DEA?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

There's a good chance he's Mark Cuban, Xencheun are you Mr. Cuban, online Flag king of Tx?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You know, the OP is really cool.

Hopefully he'll invite me to hang out at his place soon.
I have a small footprint. Won't even notice me there except for good small talk during dinner.

Wait, what's the topic?
Oh yeah, Antifa cried really loud and got the gang list dropped because the cops screwed up and put Antifa on the wrong list. Maybe.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Yeah he's cool, and really good humor wise.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
I really like that theory:

SJW Antifa types go cry really loud to make the list go away, cops see it's basically their own teenagers there crying so decide to at least pretend to drop the list for now until the fury subsides. Agrees to give the kids another chance so long as the antifa thing is less violent next time.

I mean it makes sense.
I don't have any evidence that's true but I don't really have much evidence of anything directly, most information is gathered via context and circumstantial clues or inference or deduction or whatever other ways we figure stuff.

SJW types are the biggest loudest crybabies in all of history of all of mankind. People cave into them just to make them stop being so loud and obnoxious. Purely just to make it stop.

You know, the SJW's could go into a bank and cry about how their bank account is zero and the bank manager would cave in within an hour and give them 5000 $ to stfu.

So sure, why else would they drop a "gang list".
We do know as a fact that Antifa has been very active in Portland in the last 60 days.
We do know the cops would probably construe them as a "gang" because they aren't very clever about how to characterize new fads and trends. They'd be like "but these are our kids, we can't compare them to ISIS, it's more like a gang right?" to go easy on them since they are actually just stupid kids (who happen to dabble in a lil terrorism).

It all would make a lot of sense.

And since nearly everything the MSM posts is way outta context and twisted beyond recognition, and because the media almost always seems to coverup for and side with the SJW side, than it could be plausible that they'd coverup the real reasons behind the dropping of the list - and give their typical "its racist" line.

All the clues are there - we just need 1 piece of evidence to confirm this hypothetical supposition.

Can anyone confirm that Antifa plays into the dropping of this list?
(And therefore that the racial reasoning is bogus - cuz it sure sounds bogus)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
We are so about to crack this one open.

Why did they really drop this list?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: xuenchen

What would you call a group of blacks, whites and chinese guys standing together in a group?

A.Unlikely
B.A revival meeting
C.

C. A possible "conflict of interests".

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It's kinda cool when people who are sooo worried about the "thought police" (and all their little lists) go off and use twisted "thinking" to counter the "thought police".

And no I'm not Trump or Cuban (at least I don't "think" so).

But I do know the secret of Schweppes.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess... Gresham?

Ya, that community has had a huge influx of gang activity in the last 5 years or so, with weekly gun fights now. Go back 6 or 7 years and it was a quite community...sad

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I get the outrage here...but think about this in terms of "adverse impact" (which is the federal standard for what is and is not a racist policy). If the folks showing up on a list of bad people tend to all be from the same race, then you should quit looking at the list and instead look at the laws and policies that created that situation to begin with.

This is the major point people keep missing. All our race relations issues are because of law makers (well intentioned or not) and enforcement agencies meddling in creating and enforcing laws and policies. Whether it be the criminalization of minority cultural behaviors, or reconstruction still sticking in the craw of the southerner....it all goes back to a lawmaker and their enforcement agencies.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

Isn't this one of the biggest problems in our nation?
Hate, anger, and violence rule this world.

Everything we've done as a nation has failed to solve this.
I think we're doing everything wrong.

Ya like 2 million gang members, but lets do large protests for 6000 fascists that live across America...lol

I think it is driven by the dysfunctional family that tends to be so common these days as the kids get pulled into a gang for the family unity they do not get at home and they see that their new life has protection and quick cash. Prison just becomes a part of their normal life cycle and gun battles is a sport to them.

The failing part is people having kids when they are not mentally, emotionally or economically ready. We had a mom just last week that went to get a new tat and brought her 3 and 8 year old with her. The artist said he would not allow the kids there so she took them down the street to a park and left them there. Hours later a woman found them huddled together and called the police and the mom doesn't understand what she did wrong when she was charged with child endangerment. I'm sure that was a normal event to her so it would not be wrong in her eyes...
edit on 12-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Think about how hard it is to have family unity when cultural behaviors are criminalized. Men are extracted from the home and placed into prisons where they are kind of forced to make choices. Meanwhile, back home, the family is being raised in public housing, along side gang members, felons, and sex offenders.

How, exactly, should people find success in that situation? I mean, the extraordinary people likely can. And a few lucky people who manage to stumble into something better. But isolated in project housing, in areas where no businesses really operate and access to the networking the rest of the world has access to is non-existant. How do you succeed when the most successful person you know is slinging dope?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Gangs no longer exist, if you see gangs or AntiFa(sorry to be redundant), they arent a problem, you are for thinking you are in danger.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Think about how hard it is to have family unity when cultural behaviors are criminalized. Men are extracted from the home and placed into prisons where they are kind of forced to make choices. Meanwhile, back home, the family is being raised in public housing, along side gang members, felons, and sex offenders.

I never really understood why someone would want to have kids when they can barely take care of themselves. It is all about life decisions good or bad. Seems like an over abundance of bad choices above, doesn't it?

How, exactly, should people find success in that situation? I mean, the extraordinary people likely can. And a few lucky people who manage to stumble into something better. But isolated in project housing, in areas where no businesses really operate and access to the networking the rest of the world has access to is non-existant. How do you succeed when the most successful person you know is slinging dope?

I think first you do not have a life long string of bad choices, and this all starts young and rarely gets better. Before they are 18 they have a plethora of bad life choices like drop out of school, get pregnant, habitual drugs/alcohol use, get arrested, zero desire to get a skill or continued education of any kind.

After 18 it is just a rinse and repeat of the same bad life choices just more intensified as the evolve into a gang life style. So yes there is no success in all of this. So the question is how does a person who was raised by their siblings (kids raising kids) with very little good parental involvement get out of such a bad situation?

1. Need to not have a string of bad life choices
2. Get out anyway you can..hell join the military, peace corp etc for 4 years...
3. Work on a least one marketable skill

edit on 12-9-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I think most drug laws are ridiculous.

But other than those laws, what part of black culture do you feel is being criminalized that shouldn't be?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

But other than those laws, what part of black culture do you feel is being criminalized that shouldn't be?

Lets just say Pot laws are ridiculous...the rest are good with few exceptions.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I disagree.

I don't think we should construe organized crime as a 'minority culture' and start allowing and respecting it.

You aren't realizing just how bad the inner city has degraded over the last half century.
You can't even walk through half the neighborhoods without fearing retribution (doesn't matter what race you are either). Public streets are claimed as gang territories, the cops are even afraid to go into certain areas in some cities.

This is 2017, how did we let this even happen to our country?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

We did drop the ball with the drug laws.

It's not "black culture", it's "organized criminal culture" that has been glorified and exalted by Hollywood, record labels, MTV, etc - so all the kids don't really know any better. We even banned morality discussions in schools to a large degree.

It's like the Prohibition era - but on Crack - literally!
It really truly is Prohibition on Crack.

Al Capone would be like "whoa this is way off the hook!".

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Its a problem we created.

How did we expect it would go? We shuffled poor people into ghettos, isolated them there with the "white flight" suburbanization, then began to criminalize every day behavior, creating Vice departments within the police world to enforce these cultural laws.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join