It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portlandia: Portland Deletes Its Gang List for Having Too Many Blacks

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: Abysha

You could theoretically disprove me though by showing me that such a thing actually occurred more than once.

"GANG KNOWLEDGE" IS LITERALLY ON THE LIST OF REASONS!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I know about gangs, does that put me on the list?

It could, depending on the officer questioning you.

Do you see a problem yet?

Figuring out if someone is gang affiliated or should be considered dangerous isn't difficult.
I've actually been in the slammer, I know what's up.

Example: people with tattoos all over their face that don't know how to pull their pants up.
You might call it prejudice but I call it common sense.
If you were in that situation you'd understand.

If a cop sees one of these people, it's natural he'd think they were 'gang affiliated', because whatever they think they are, it's something like that for sure and they are highly likely to commit crimes.

You can figure this out based off their appearance alone.
Accuracy is probably 98%+ if not 100%.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:20 AM
link   

You could theoretically disprove me though by showing me that such a thing actually occurred more than once.

"GANG KNOWLEDGE" IS LITERALLY ON THE LIST OF REASONS!

Gang Knowledge does NOT = Knowing about Gangs

Gang Knowledge could be like "where they meet up, their signs and codewords, etc".
Which is a pretty good indicator that they are affiliated.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Good lord... you are why this is happening.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

So you're saying Portland will put me on a gang list if I randomly sell another person on the gang list a car?

Or would have 5 years ago, that is.

I'm not admitting anything yet.
I'm setting you up.

If you take a picture of your car with the buyer in it, maybe. Or if he names you in an interview later as the person who sold him the car, maybe. Or if you were wearing the wrong colors while being observed selling him the car maybe.

Do you really not see a problem with this?!

I don't even believe in it.

I think there is way more to it than that.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Mods move threads to trash bins except this one.
WTF?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Good lord... you are why this is happening.

Because when I see a guy with a Swastika tatted on his face that I assume he's in the Aryan Brotherhood?
Or was it because he told me he was? As if I needed to be told?

Don't blame me for the crimes of gangs.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
WTF?

It doesn't matter. Never does. Bark bark bark. Oh, the story is misrepresented? But... can I still bark? Yay! Bark bark bark.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

WTF?

It doesn't matter. Never does. Bark bark bark. Oh, the story is misrepresented? But... can I still bark? Yay! Bark bark bark.

I mean seriously. They trash threads except Xuenchen's threads. Seriously? Most of his threads are proven hoaxes.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

WTF?

Why should it be moved ?

Just quietly, I'm somewhat entertained watching this argument .

The left leaning member is hunkering down and unable to provide anything more than conjecture, and yet still perseveres.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

WTF?

I don't think it's misrepresented.

No one expects profiling to be perfect, I'd know, I was a victim of wrongful profiling and it took two years of heartache and grief to get them to realize that they had it all wrong and climb outta the hole.

But in my experience being wrongly jailed for a very long period of time for a thought crime which later turns out wasn't actually illegal at all in any way, I met a lot of gangstas of all stripes.

It doesn't take a genius to figure them out.
I can spot this "type" of person instantly.
They are such badasses it's impossible to miss it.

You can say I bark, but who let the dogs out?
Could it be people that put their fingers in their ears, hands over their eyes, and say "everyone's super nice good folks! stop being racist!" - meanwhile the cities are overrun with crime, every gas station gets knocked over regularly, pawn shops and locals bar their windows and everyone feels like they need to carry a gun everywhere.

You're gonna figure this out one day.
Certain people are certain ways and they make it absolutely clear.
Gangstas don't hide it. They may tell the cops to take them off a list but they sure as hell don't hide this stuff from anyone on the streets or in the cell block.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

WTF?

Why should it be moved ?

The left leaning member is hunkering down and unable to provide anything more than conjecture, and yet still perseveres.

Many of his threads have been moved to hoax forum. By our very own ATS staff members.
Happy now?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   

WTF?

Why should it be moved ?

Many of his threads have been moved to hoax forum. By our very own ATS staff members.
Happy now?

I don't even know what you are talking about, other than staff members here are weird and move this and that, that shouldn't be moved, I'm not really sure what that has to with this thread though ?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

WTF?

But it is.

It was represented as Portland police caving to SJWs and shredding a list of known gang members.

But I've shown the facts (from the local police department) that this list is nothing close to a list of known gang members at all and is being removed because it is causing more problems than it is solving.

But none of that matters. And it never does on ATS.

bark
bark
bark

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

WTF?

Why should it be moved ?

Happy now?

I don't even know what you are talking about, other than staff members here are weird and move this and that, that shouldn't be moved, I'm not really sure what that has to with this thread though ?

One hint: They remove any thread that is anti-Trump.
Ask me later for more examples not including Trump.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   

WTF?

But it is.

It was represented as Portland police caving to SJWs and shredding a list of known gang members.

But I've shown the facts (from the local police department) that this list is nothing close to a list of known gang members at all and is being removed because it is causing more problems than it is solving.

But none of that matters. And it never does on ATS.

bark
bark
bark

Never thought Trumpkins would be pitbulls.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I realize he unknowingly posts some false information (when you post 20 threads a day there's no time to fact check right?), and I realize the OP is very bias and will always construe things in a certain way, and I also do not trust the OP at all because whatever motive is behind the constant barrage of bias threads on a daily basis cannot be good - but - the claim in this thread (Portland ditches gang list) doesn't seem to be disputed.

Normally the key is to wait and see if any of the websites other ultra-bias posters come and dispute the authenticity of the thread. The claim that the list was being dropped seemed fairly plausible and not contested.

The political slant on if the list should be kept or dropped however, is apparently up for debate.
I think gang lists are good, especially if everyone on it is doing a long stay in prison.
I don't think non-gang members can get on that list very easily and it's a super rare mistake when they do because it's easy to figure out if someone's in a street gang.

Organized crime like the mafia is harder to figure out, you actually have to cross them or do business with them to figure them out because they like to lay low, and as a result I automatically assume this "gang list" is targeting street gangs that sell crack/heroin or pimp prostitutes or steal cars or hit gas stations, etc.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

At least you recognize the OP has been spreading false information. That is what is called a propaganda.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   

WTF?

Why should it be moved ?

Happy now?

One hint: They remove any thread that is anti-Trump.
Ask me later for more examples not including Trump.

Oh please.

Mods remove all sorts of stuff off here, hell I put up a joke that insulted Christians, in the joke forum and it was removed by a mod that obviously took offence to it, it was really funny and harmless yet removed because it hurt someones feelings, mods are people too and they make human mistakes based on reaction.

Anyhow..

Seems to me that the member from the left is attempting to disassociate herself from antifa, it may be too late at this point I'm pretty sure the damage is already done.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Don't you know the guy with the most flags wins?
edit on 12-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join