It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portlandia: Portland Deletes Its Gang List for Having Too Many Blacks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: muzzleflash

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
Mods move threads to trash bins except this one.
WTF?

It doesn't matter. Never does. Bark bark bark. Oh, the story is misrepresented? But... can I still bark? Yay! Bark bark bark.

I don't think it's misrepresented.

But it is.

It was represented as Portland police caving to SJWs and shredding a list of known gang members.

But I've shown the facts (from the local police department) that this list is nothing close to a list of known gang members at all and is being removed because it is causing more problems than it is solving.

But none of that matters. And it never does on ATS.

bark
bark
bark

In my careful assessment over the years, anytime an ATS bias member from the left or right says "Facts" I have to take a step back because I know they abuse that word so much it is essentially meaningless.

I only know the reality of the streets in the inner city anymore, and I know how all this gang stuff goes down.

The only reason there are any problems is because they let these people out on probation or parole. Frankly.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Funny, I thought they were criminals first and ethnic types second.
They won't bother writing up a description of you unless you get arrested.
Stop breaking the law and nobody will give a # about your melanin content.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The White Supremacists have already done the damage to your party.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

Who are you talking to?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: muzzleflash

Don't you know the guy with the most flags wins?

Yes.
Pisses me off.
hahaha

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
attempting to disassociate .... antifa,

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa wait
back the train up just a bit here.

Antifa gets on this "list" ?????

NO WONDER THERE IS A HUGE OUTCRY.

Omg
Now I Get it!!!!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

You are a moderator.

Please set an example by looking a bit further into a click-bait thread (from this OP, no less) and at least acknowledge:

1 - It's not about criminals.
2 - The description is written, regardless of arrest.
3 - Not breaking the law does not protect you from this list.

This thread falls into that category of historical fiction where the time, place, and people are all facts but the representation of context is entirely made up for entertainment and virtue signalling.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Apparently the Portland Oregon police are stopping their policies of "gang affiliations" because over 20 years, it has placed too many minorities in that "classification".

Over 50% of murders are commented by blacks that make up 13% of the population. 90% of those murders are Black on black.... the black population was once 18%...

This makes one wonder the agenda in all this. Blacks are not gaining ground in anything but they take up a huge chunk of our news and time.

I live near Portland and all the murders are basically black on black out side of a few nut case killings...Being here 10 years it has gotten a lot worst as there are shooting weekly...I wonder how long before we become Chicago.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I responded to one of his threads about that, he makes approx 10,000 flags per year at a rate of around 7 posts per day or so. We need a forum here for flag competitions with golden trophies for the winners lol.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

The White Supremacists have already done the damage to your party.

Ok, so I'm a white supremacist now, I must be special hell I didn't even vote for Trump..

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I was so ignorant of what was going on.

If Antifa gets on the list, which they are terrorists not gang members, I can understand why this list needed to be dropped.

We need to separate terrorists from gangsters. Terrorists are very upset misled ignorant political zombie types, whereas gangsters are born and raised thug killer c-murda drug pushing types.

Totally different animals, though I could see a few gang bangers joining antifa it's not really their thing and I'd consider it a pure coincidence.

Antifa and BLM definitely should be on the list with ISIS and Al-Q and the Nazis or KKK.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I live near Portland and all the murders are basically black on black out side of a few nut case killings...Being here 10 years it has gotten a lot worst as there are shooting weekly...I wonder how long before we become Chicago.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess... Gresham?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255

I responded to one of his threads about that, he makes approx 10,000 flags per year at a rate of around 7 posts per day or so. We need a forum here for flag competitions with golden trophies for the winners lol.

How does one pay rent when every waking moment is spent on ATS...
Hmmmmmm....
Oh

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

He's a billionaire.

No not really.
edit on 12-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

If I was a betting man that's where I would put my money...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

The news and stats are pretty much the same here in Nashville TN, give or take.

I'd guess it's similar all around the entire country.

Isn't this one of the biggest problems in our nation?
Hate, anger, and violence rule this world.

Everything we've done as a nation has failed to solve this.
I think we're doing everything wrong.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ADSE255

What if he is the Trump himself?

Wouldn't that be so cool? hahahah

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

a reply to: xuenchen

Facts are not racist. If there are more blacks on the list than what should be, based on population, deleting the lists won't change a thing. That's something that needs to be addressed by those communities, and corrected, or things will only get worse.

This particular list isn't a list of "facts"; it's a list of subjective conclusions with very little criteria.

Can you show evidence for that?

I already did. This isn't what you think it is.

People can be put on this list for having knowledge of gangs, wearing the wrong clothing, having a picture taken with a gang member, or even using "gang related" language.

It's honestly not the virtue signal you are looking for.

You made those claims, but I didn't see any links to support them. Happy to read those, if you have the, however.

Still, doesn't explain why they'd toss the lists because of race concerns, instead of accuracy concerns.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash
a reply to: ADSE255

What if he is the Trump himself?

Wouldn't that be so cool? hahahah

That would be weird

edit on 12-9-2017 by ADSE255 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

a reply to: xuenchen

Facts are not racist. If there are more blacks on the list than what should be, based on population, deleting the lists won't change a thing. That's something that needs to be addressed by those communities, and corrected, or things will only get worse.

This particular list isn't a list of "facts"; it's a list of subjective conclusions with very little criteria.

Can you show evidence for that?

I already did. This isn't what you think it is.

People can be put on this list for having knowledge of gangs, wearing the wrong clothing, having a picture taken with a gang member, or even using "gang related" language.

It's honestly not the virtue signal you are looking for.

You made those claims, but I didn't see any links to support them. Happy to read those, if you have the, however.

Still, doesn't explain why they'd toss the lists because of race concerns, instead of accuracy concerns.

Go back and look. I linked. Here's another

And it was because of accuracy concerns, as well. Look down at the list where it shows reasons... it's ridiculously easy to get on the list.

I'm against this sort of list in the same way I am against these sorts of lists for gun restrictions. It is a list without any strict oversight nor accountability. It is up to the discretion of the person putting the name on it.

There are gang lists that are accurate through other agencies, with rigorous definitions and nuances with asterisks galore. But this list isn't one of those.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join