It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Blocks Rand Paul's Bill To Give Money To Hurricane Victims Instead Of Foreign Dictators

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
You know exactly what my point is. :]
US decided it should not cut the financial aid to the Israeli army and give "some" (billions) to the aid efforts for Florida/Texas. Was curious what do liberals think about that.
Are you a liberal? You don't mind it?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 1337Kph
More of a moderate I suppose. I know, it's a dirty word.

But like I said, Texas is getting billions and will get billions more. It really doesn't have much to do with Israel.

But I am starting to get a handle on your actual position. Your type has been in the news quite a lot lately. But telling us you're not a US citizen was not a smart move. You might want to avoid that next time.

edit on 9/9/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

As usual, common sense no longer applies in the Senate. I seriously can't stand establishment Democrats and Republicans who have no ethics or common sense.

there is only one party to blame, they own both houses and could pass things simply, implying the other side with no power whatsoever are equally responsible is a poor attempt to shift blame.
i'm not saying the democrats are squeaky clean or even likeable, their capitalist right wing stance sickens me but, the ball is firmly in the republicans court here.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: myselfaswell

Can I join too?

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   
And to think we had the opportunity to elect this man, and instead we went with Trump, sickening

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

As usual, common sense no longer applies in the Senate. I seriously can't stand establishment Democrats and Republicans who have no ethics or common sense.

there is only one party to blame, they own both houses and could pass things simply, implying the other side with no power whatsoever are equally responsible is a poor attempt to shift blame.
i'm not saying the democrats are squeaky clean or even likeable, their capitalist right wing stance sickens me but, the ball is firmly in the republicans court here.

Well the RINO's are without a doubt Democrats who have fooled the citizens with lies. So yea, one party the D and their sycophants. At this point there is no more than a handful of Republicans who are not leftist.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: growler

Oh, the swamp is vast and both parties are to blame. The Dems had no problem voting with Mitch McConnell to get rid of the issue.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell made a motion to table Paul’s proposal, it passed 87-10.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
And to think we had the opportunity to elect this man, and instead we went with Trump, sickening

I have to say for us that when the primary's came here, DJT was already looking like the leader and he beat Cruz by double digits and Rand by more. The voters wanted DJT. For me it was between Cruz or Paul in that one. Either would be getting the same type of BS from the MSM that the current POTUS has on him. Didn't matter to the MSM liars who they attacked if they could give Hill a pass to do it.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Regardless I wrote in Paul .....

Perhaps if more people did that instead of saying "I want him but he can't win so I'm voting for the lead". We would actually have a decent POTUS

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Perhaps if more people did that instead of saying "I want him but he can't win so I'm voting for the lead". We would actually have a decent POTUS

Not really, we would have had Hillary....

Sorry... had a shiver for a second just at that thought.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: RickyD

Yeah.

heh, Good thing that doesn't happen here at home.

Well, I hate to tell you, but, it does happen here at home.

Fortunately though, for countries that hate us, we are playing with "house money". Not Their money. We can do whatever the hell we want with our money. Including allowing our politicians to steal it. Maybe one day we will get off our ass and do something about it. But that's our business.

Let their politicians steal their money, and our politicians steal our money.

If they don't have any money, well, they better learn nation-building, and hire a consultant to run some studies and see what they have to offer the world, or find a way to make our payments worthwhile by being more of a friend and less of a headache.

Remember, he's talking about people who hate us. Not friends.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I Thought Texas wanted to secede and become it's own country; now they want my tax dollars to repair the damage.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

God bless you!

I didn't this time after doing it the last several elections since the 1st Clinton election for POTUS. Not anymore party affiliations since then. I was an indie when i voted Clinton. Please forgive me world, I didn't realize who he was the 1st time. Crossed over to vote a Paul or a Cruz. But for the General I voted DJT to avoid any chance of Hillary because of the voter fraud we all know is real that the leftist promote.

edit on 9-9-2017 by Justoneman because: ETA

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

If it makes sense then it shall not pass.

Time to audit the entire government.

If "audit" is a code word for fire then I'm good with it.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The damn government is a criminal organization that is enslaving all Americans and We won't ever be free until the liberals wake the hell up.

posted on Sep, 9 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

If "audit" is a code word for fire then I'm good with it.

Actually I would be in favor of jailing the traitors and making a public execution to remind all tyrants what is in store for them.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

I wonder which of those countries would voluntarily send money, manpower and equipment to help our fellow Americans?

Wait, you expect a country which require assistance to provide assistance?
www.nbcnews.com...

listverse.com...

I'm glad that some do offer assistance in some way. This in no way offsets the billions of dollars of foriegn aid which we deliver year after year.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
State introduces bill to bomb hurricane survivors, problem solved.

posted on Sep, 10 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Its as bad here in the UK, we send money to Pakistan who we know will not give it to the people who need it and it will instead line the corrupt officials pockets YET we have a law in place to stop us from not sending it.

Either Pakistan has some major crap on us or we are as stupid as hell...Blocking your own country from stopping sending wasted money...

Bloody unbelievable...

I presume like the US we have some members of the government very much in the pocket of these countries and who get nice little bungs...

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Mexico will no longer send the emergency aid offered to Texas after Hurricane Harvey, to focus on those affected by a deadly earthquake and Hurricane Katia that struck the eastern state of Veracruz last week, the Mexican Foreign Ministry said Monday.
In a statement, the ministry said the decision was taken in light of the changed circumstances in both countries, and the fact that the need for help in Texas had diminished.
Mexico offered to deliver aid to Texas in late August, after the state was struck by Hurricane Harvey and flooding. But Mexico is now grappling with the aftermath of two natural disasters.

Link

Hmmm. Mexico decides it needs to help it people out out after a disaster.

What's wrong with those people.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join