It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: SNAP EBT Down For Much Of The Country

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: fiverx313
wow, lot of assholes in this thread talking # about poor people. god bless, hope you're never in a truly dire situation. your little heads would probably explode.

EBT does not necessaril mean poor people. I live near Philly. I see "poor people" use an EBT card to pay for chips, soda, Tastycakes, etc. then hop in their newer model Lexus and drive away. Who's paying for the Lexus, future diabetes treatment, as well as the EBT? Oh, I forgot, I am. Through my taxes while I bust my ass doing 60 hour weeks, while some, not all, of those freeloaders are sitting on their obese rumps watching The View.

... but you're just fine with those same tax dollars that you're working so hard for going to line the pockets of the big corporations and CEOs whose pockets are already filled with millions ...

Sure, that makes sense.

EBT is the least of our worries.

At least those CEO's are off their asses working.

Right. Working.

How do you know the folks that ground your gears aren't working? Did you follow them home?

It's a typical "right-wing" mindset ... let's make the rich richer with our hard-earned dollars but make the poor poorer.

Then if they're working, they must be double dipping if they can afford a Lexus and the requisite insurance payments, while on food stamps.

So, you don't actually know what their situations are ... these "hypothetical" people on EBT that you want to condemn?

That's not very surprising.

Here's the deal in a similar vein to your complaint. You can let yourself fill up with anger and irritation at the so-called freeloaders that you believe in, but what good does that do when you don't mind even more of your pennies going into some fatcat's Swiss Bank account, or for their fourth Porsche, or third yacht?
edit on 4-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
wow, lot of assholes in this thread talking # about poor people. god bless, hope you're never in a truly dire situation. your little heads would probably explode.

What we're experiencing today with the SNAP outage, is nothing compared to the DECLINED Snap cards that will appear after the government is shut down at the end of this month.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Anyone notice the outage kinda lines up with Sanctuary Cities and States.

Not saying....just saying...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

That's a map of outages, not demand.

Here's a map by state:

That probably doesn't jive with the point you were trying to make, though.

Not saying... just saying...

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Good time for those who don't use EBT to go grocery shopping.
Take a camera, you never know what you might witness these days
I'm sure it will blamed on Trump though.

That's the way it always worked with Obama everything was his fault. But Trump should always get a free pass.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Personally know of someone who lies through their teeth for years about employment and marriage in order to collect benefits not at all due so they can go vacation, afford latest cell phones and designer shoes/clothes and of course drive a newer car.

It's been reported years ago, multiple times, nothing was done, nor changed.

Better part of a decade going on.

Yes some folks actually need it, betting 50% are killing it for those actual needy persons.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phoenix

Personally know of someone who lies through their teeth for years about employment and marriage in order to collect benefits not at all due so they can go vacation, afford latest cell phones and designer shoes/clothes and of course drive a newer car.

Yes some folks actually need it, betting 50% are killing it for those actual needy persons.

And I know of somebody on EBT who took a homeless guy shopping for food and got her benefits revoked. Knowing her story makes stories like yours difficult for me to believe. It makes the "welfare queen" trope hard to believe.

I'm not saying you are lying but some of you with welfare queen stories have to be lying. Because I deal with a lot of impoverished folk and I've never come across that.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Good time for those who don't use EBT to go grocery shopping.
Take a camera, you never know what you might witness these days
I'm sure it will blamed on Trump though.

That's the way it always worked with Obama everything was his fault.

Great observation, Buster2010.

Kudos!

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

And I know of somebody on EBT who took a homeless guy shopping for food and got her benefits revoked. Knowing her story makes stories like yours difficult for me to believe. It makes the "welfare queen" trope hard to believe.

I'm not saying you are lying but some of you with welfare queen stories have to be lying. Because I deal with a lot of impoverished folk and I've never come across that.

And for every story like yours, there are hundreds if not thousands more of fraud. I see it all the time. I live in a state that has a moderate amount of food stamp usage, and I know of tons of people in my area that have been on them for ages.

A lot of people around here live on welfare and sell drugs, while driving a nicer vehicle than me, and eat better than I do.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Here's a map by state:

Gee, there sure is a whole lot of Red states...boasting red (high use percentage) on this map.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Here's a map by state:

Gee, there sure is a whole lot of Red states...boasting red (high use percentage) on this map.

Yep... I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw that other post as ironic.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Here's a map by state:

They don't show the "Blue" voting areas inside the States.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: eXia7

And for every story like yours, there are hundreds if not thousands more of fraud. I see it all the time. I live in a state that has a moderate amount of food stamp usage, and I know of tons of people in my area that have been on them for ages.

A lot of people around here live on welfare and sell drugs, while driving a nicer vehicle than me, and eat better than I do.

Oh yeah?! Well I can post even more anecdotes! Lol.

Lol. None of them mean anything other than to cancel each other out and make chain emails for people to bark at.

Truth is, there is no proof of it. Unless you want to try to cheat the system and report back to us, there's no validity to it.

(post by toysforadults removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Here's a map by state:

They don't show the "Blue" voting areas inside the States.

Yes... the red knows all about gerrymandering, doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Actually, I was referring to the threats to cut off Federal funds to Sanctuary Cites. About 80% of what I post is sarcasm and in jokes for those that catch them.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Actually, I was referring to the threats to cut off Federal funds to Sanctuary Cites. About 80% of what I post is sarcasm and in jokes for those that catch them.

Ohhhh... sorry I didn't take that as face value. If that's the case, well played.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I am a Trump supporter.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Before you guys get to far out with this, here's a little something to ponder.
18% of total sales or 13 billion dollars in EBT benefits were processed by Walmart in 2015.
Its welfare alright, corporate welfare.

Our society has become so convoluted that the benefit receiving class has become part of the working system.
They are necessary as well as needed to make it function.

Just like prisons, counseling programs, drug rehab and all the other nonsense.
It creates jobs.

Buck

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join