It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: SNAP EBT Down For Much Of The Country

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
This has happened before:

NBC 10
Ben Johnson, a spokesman from the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services, said the issue was related to a technical problem at a Xerox facility. EBT cards in several states, including Pennsylvania and New Jersey, are powered by a company that Xerox owns called ACS, Inc

It's probably more of a function of it being a national holiday today and people aren't at work to fix it right away.

But go ahead and preemptively get triggered by no one blaming Trump. lol

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

Xerox also manufacturers fake snap cards if you have enough money to pay for them.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
wow, lot of assholes in this thread talking # about poor people. god bless, hope you're never in a truly dire situation. your little heads would probably explode.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Take a camera, you never know what you might witness these days

Upset and hungry families?

Aren't hungry and upset families hilarious?

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
wow, lot of assholes in this thread talking # about poor people. god bless, hope you're never in a truly dire situation. your little heads would probably explode.

But if they were in a dire situation, they'd pull themselves up by the bootstraps and whatnot. Just like Trump did after one of those Chapter 11 adventures. That guy had it rough. If he can do it, poor people can do it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
But if they were in a dire situation, they'd pull themselves up by the bootstraps and whatnot. Just like Trump did after one of those Chapter 11 adventures. That guy had it rough. If he can do it, poor people can do it.

i anticipate some replies along those lines, for sure

(post by aethertek removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Considering most of us have to plan with our money and our food supplies against the possibility that we may come up short before our next pay period ...

Sure, hungry and upset families are hilarious.

Last I checked, no one cares one way or the other, including the fine people who hand out SNAP, if I have to go hungry a few days because I make too much for them to care.

So shove it.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
People just do not realize what is coming down with cutting off welfare .
First millions of people will be layed off ( Don't need them to prosses the paper work ( computer ) any more now do we ?

Second the Grocery stores take A billion dollar hit ( yea someone is making money from it alot of money )
So some close some lay off people .

Third and not least what little money people can scrap up will no longer go towards any thing BUT food .
Cell phone company's prepare to take a few 100 million dollar hit .

What no one bothers to think about is welfare is something like 500 billion dollars of the economy now jsut what do you think is going to happens when that influx is suddenly going .

So you see now the welfare bubble is about to burst and you think it will not effect you .
You are dead wrong it will effect every thing .

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Considering most of us have to plan with our money and our food supplies against the possibility that we may come up short before our next pay period ...

Sure, hungry and upset families are hilarious.

Last I checked, no one cares one way or the other, including the fine people who hand out SNAP, if I have to go hungry a few days because I make too much for them to care.

So shove it.

I was responding because somebody recommended pulling out cameras to capture the entertainment of hungry families.

You know me better than to not pick up on my sardonic tone.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I find the black mamma with six kids bitching about her EBT card not working pretty funny.
"Who's gunna take responsibility for feeding my kids?!?"
Those are the ones that need filmed.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

EBT does not necessaril mean poor people. I live near Philly. I see "poor people" use an EBT card to pay for chips, soda, Tastycakes, etc. then hop in their newer model Lexus and drive away. Who's paying for the Lexus, future diabetes treatment, as well as the EBT? Oh, I forgot, I am. Through my taxes while I bust my ass doing 60 hour weeks, while some, not all, of those freeloaders are sitting on their obese rumps watching The View.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

EBT does not necessaril mean poor people. I live near Philly. I see "poor people" use an EBT card to pay for chips, soda, Tastycakes, etc. then hop in their newer model Lexus and drive away. Who's paying for the Lexus, future diabetes treatment, as well as the EBT? Oh, I forgot, I am. Through my taxes while I bust my ass doing 60 hour weeks, while some, not all, of those freeloaders are sitting on their obese rumps watching The View.

... but you're just fine with those same tax dollars that you're working so hard for going to line the pockets of the big corporations and CEOs whose pockets are already filled with millions ...

Sure, that makes sense.

EBT is the least of our worries.
edit on 4-9-2017 by Gryphon66 because: Noted

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

... but you're just fine with those same tax dollars that you're working so hard for going to line the pockets of the big corporations and CEOs whose pockets are already filled with millions ...

Sure, that makes sense.

At least those CEO's are off their asses working.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Sure, that makes sense.

Right. Working.

How do you know the folks that ground your gears aren't working? Did you follow them home?

It's a typical "right-wing" mindset ... let's make the rich richer with our hard-earned dollars but make the poor poorer.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Many people on EBT are working.
And I hope there isn't any riot.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Interesting perspectives here. I find that folks who talk the loudest about following Christian principals here there and yonder on the site are always all too glad to ignore the words of Jesus when it comes to helping to feed the hungry, caring for the sick, helping children, widows and so forth.

At the very most, EBT and similar programs takes a few pennies out of each dollar you pay in taxes. Which, for most of you, is a fraction of what the poorest have withheld from them every paycheck.

Even for someone who puts no stock in religion, I'm not sure if I'd want to be in any of your shoes on Judgement Day.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Sure, that makes sense.

Right. Working.

How do you know the folks that ground your gears aren't working? Did you follow them home?

It's a typical "right-wing" mindset ... let's make the rich richer with our hard-earned dollars but make the poor poorer.

Then if they're working, they must be double dipping if they can afford a Lexus and the requisite insurance payments, while on food stamps.

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MajorAce

It's labor day son..

You know, a National Holiday where people stay home from work..

posted on Sep, 4 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Sure, that makes sense.

Right. Working.

Then if they're working, they must be double dipping if they can afford a Lexus and the requisite insurance payments, while on food stamps.

Either they borrowed cars from relatives or friends or drug dealers, or they are drug dealers themselves, or they have committed a fraud.
You do not know. If they have done something wrong they will be found out anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join