It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, there are banned books

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Somewhereinbetween: I was speaking, as I read James the lesser speaking IN PRESENT TENSE. There are MANY things that happened in the past that were conspiratorial, suppressing of the truth ect; and so on. Many things today also.

The books TODAY are not banned. I personally am leery of the KJV of the bible not to mention is difficult to read. The modern version flow much better making them more accessible to the common man.

I am sure there are some mistranslated words, but the message is still intact. I do not rely on church leaders for all my information(at this time in my life none, but that is not because I am smarter, but lazier)

If you read the bible, and take in the whole book, not just passages, the meanings are clear. Reading the apocrypha is not illegal or frowned upon. The next class my church gives on it, I will probably join. This thread has piqued my interest that much

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
You don't rely on a bunch of hypocrits to tell what to believe? Wow, if I hadn't used up my votes, I would have voted you fro WATS. You appear to be more smart then millions of the people in this country.

Anyways, they were banned, and still are, for they are not in the bible. Ok, so, why in the past were the only books that were banned were the ones that gave women power and explained things?

Also, KJV, only the truelly "faithful"(the ones who don't need a crutch, but a wheel chair) believe in that. That thing is so full of hate and vileness, what happened to that book turned it from a book with great stories of moral values to a stephen king novel.(if stephen king was evil and wanted to contrrol the masses)

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:11 PM
link   

It is clear, nevertheless, that Gos. Thom. was subject to redaction as it was transmitted. The presence of inner-Coptic errors in the sole surviving translation, moreover, suggests that our present Gos. Thom. is not the first Coptic transcription made from the Greek. The ms tradition indicates that this gospel was appropriated again and again in the generations following its composition. Like many other gospels in the first three centuries, the text of Gos. Thom. must be regarded as unstable.

the same can be said for/about the included writings and some of the writings of paul.

the church isnt that powerful / influential anyway...

it was until the 18 century and in places still is. as I recall in Italy and Spain
no law can be passed that contradicts church teachings.

The Bible as we know it was completed waaayyyy back in the first century.

actually it was the 4th century CA. 332 it was passed because Constantine
banished all who opposed it. In one case that i know of a desenter was beaten unconsious before the vote.

for they are not in the bible.

there is discussion going on at the present to rework the bible and add some of the Gnostic works.

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Well Jonna, I am serious, they explain so many questions.

So am I. The bible was changed over time to fit an agenda. It is just too bad that not everyone realizes it.

THANK GOD...I'm not alone

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Which one Amelia?

Anyways, the church still has power, how do you explain 25,000+ priests rape little boys and not even 1% are in jail. Or that they are trying to wipe out the population of Africa by teaching them that condoms are evil, that they have to have sex and have more kids, spread aids, starve to death, all in the name of the catholic church.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlumboSomewhereinBetween, Stop going to the false teachings of men to justify your unbelief in the truth. This is only a veiled excuse.
Oh? and what exactly is that veiled excuse? What false teachings would they be? Do you object to my presenting to you the false teachings of the Christian church? If so take it up with them, for I proffer no fables designed by me, I show you that which is written. The truth hurts, I understand.

Beneath the grievance, I see hatred of men. Hatred of God. Jesus loves women. Women love Jesus.
You may think you see, but in fact your are blind. I have said nothing you can dispute as having been written. If those written words offend your sensibilities, then you had better take them up with the men who wrote them.

Stop excusing disobedient behavior by exposing the evil oppression of man. We are all accountable for our own sins. This does not give you the right to justify yours'.
Dear sir/madame, I suggest you recalibrate your compass, for I excuse nothing when it comes to bad behaviour within the Biblical text or the churches. If you feel that I have, then please dispense with the diatribe and attest to same.

You were created beautifully and wonderfully. Life is a gift. Start soaking in the blessings of it. You have so much potential, (I wish I had your intelligence) yet you waste it on crying for so-called equality and justice.
Why yes I was, it is, and no offense to you, one cannot tell another whom they feel has superior intellect that they waste same. You have first of all defined that you are not capable of theirs and therefore have not the ability to judge their thoughts. But I will be humble and tell you that were you to dispense with the platitudes, do away with whatever your reason for trolling me, speak freely and actually debate, you may be a worthy opponent.

The question is, why do you follow me, and what is it you hope to achieve?

[edit on 2/11/05 by SomewhereinBetween]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by llpoolejThe books TODAY are not banned.
They are banned today for all roman Catholics. But they are not banned for all others simply because they have been uncovered, and the world is no longer governed by Rome.

I do not rely on church leaders for all my information(at this time in my life none, but that is not because I am smarter, but lazier)
That is unfortunate, for that is where the history of Christianity lies, and unless you come to know how it was forged, you accept a preconceived notion of same.

If you read the bible, and take in the whole book, not just passages, the meanings are clear.
How many times do you require me to read The Bible? Dare you cite a verse I cannot counter? The meanings are not clear, they are contradictory, and their heritage is very questionable.

Reading the apocrypha is not illegal or frowned upon. The next class my church gives on it, I will probably join. This thread has piqued my interest that much
It may be illegal in your world. In mine, it becomes necessary to understand why they were declared illegal, and frankly, in my opinion, Satan won. You speak of class, which suggests to me that you are young and attending a school with a defined doctrine. Do you honestly believe that you will be presented an unbiased point of view?

Good luck to you.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
Also, alot of women don't like that the bible makes them little more then slaves to man, baby factories and nothing else. With the gospels that were removed, who knows, if not removed maybe more women would fell compelled to become christians, or participate in church instead of feeling like a sub-human for not being male.

[edit on 9-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

Women have babies

Women have traditionally been the home maker, raiser of children etc etc

Men cannot have babies

These "norms" were developed long before the bible, your obsession with this aspect is, in my opinion, pointless

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Oh? and what exactly is that veiled excuse? What false teachings would they be? Do you object to my presenting to you the false teachings of the Christian church? If so take it up with them, for I proffer no fables designed by me, I show you that which is written. The truth hurts, I understand.

hmm, you didn't get this.

I meant that you point out the false teachings of men. You associate Christianity with the gobly gook of their most beloved saints and pseudo-saints, who were sinners no less than you or me.

You may think you see, but in fact your are blind. I have said nothing you can dispute as having been written. If those written words offend your sensibilities, then you had better take them up with the men who wrote them.

ditto on the hmm. See my previous paragraph.

Dear sir/madame, I suggest you recalibrate your compass, for I excuse nothing when it comes to bad behaviour within the Biblical text or the churches. If you feel that I have, then please dispense with the diatribe and attest to same.

uhum, ditto. I never accused you of excusing bad behavior of others. On the contrary,your expose's ARE A GOOD THING. What I'm saying is is that your are rejecting Jesus Christ because his people are irrefutably flawed.
By the way, isn't south up? and north down? alright, I'm playing with ya. sorry.

Why yes I was, it is, and no offense to you, one cannot tell another whom they feel has superior intellect that they waste same. You have first of all defined that you are not capable of theirs and therefore have not the ability to judge their thoughts.

oh boy.....I'm at a loss.

But I will be humble and tell you that were you to dispense with the platitudes, do away with whatever your reason for trolling me, speak freely and actually debate, you may be a worthy opponent.

Thanks, I think that was a compliment. I'd much rather communicate with you open and honestly.

The question is, why do you follow me, and what is it you hope to achieve?

I've already told you. You have potential.
Stop getting so defensive and realize there is a greater plan in this stalking endeavor.

Sir Plumbo

[edit on 11-2-2005 by Plumbo]

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Bluorder, yes they have babies. But a book tells them all they are are baby machines, sub humans, the slaves of man, and they are the reason their is evil in the world.(eating of apple) Gee, think maybe a MAN(not god) that hated women may have had influence on the bible?

Also, to others, how do you know the bible isn't edited? Cause the bible says so! Hahahahahaha, you people are funny. It is edited, entire books were removed for giving women power or explaining things. The books may not have been written days after Jesus died, but last I looked none of them were. Like that Paul guy.(you do remember him, right?)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join