It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, there are banned books

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Ok, I did a google search for another topic and was amazed by how many links are just "No banned books, catholic church is right, bible is perfect, we going to kill you for not doing what we tell you."

Anyways, there are Banned Books from the Bible that are banned mainly for giving women power or explaining things. If these books were left in, hell, I would probably be a christian. They explain how Adam and Eve have three kids, all sons, who did they have sex with to populate the earth? Or if the only way to go to heaven is to follow Jesus's teachings, then what about all the good people who died before Jesus was born? What did Jesus do when he was growing up? And that Mary Magdeline was not a prostitute, but the wife of Jesus and the leader of the 7 female disciples.

reluctant-messenger.com...
www.ecmarsh.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by James the Lesser
there are Banned Books from the Bible that are banned mainly for giving women power or explaining things.

No black humor or satirical comment I could provide would improve that sentence.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well Jonna, I am serious, they explain so many questions. And as I said I would probably be a christian if they had left this stuff in the bible. I mean, I have so many questions, and almost all of them are answered by the books banned from the bible by the church. I mean, all the good people of the world went to hell before Jesus died, unless you read the book banned by the bible that tells you that when Jesus was crucified he went to the underworld to get the good people of the world who had died and bring them to heaven with him.

There would be millions, if not billions more christians if these books were left in the bible. Who knows, maybe the dark ages may not have been so bad, women would have been equal to men, no need to fight for the right to vote for they would have already had it. Who knows, why the church considers explaining things evil IDK.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I believe its referred to as Apocrypha.

That should help your searchings.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I believe some of what you are looking for can be found here...

www.gnosis.org...

Look through the Nag Hammadi, the Gospels of Thomas, Gnostic Scriptures

You might find what you're looking for.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

If these books were left in, hell, I would probably be a christian. They explain how Adam and Eve have three kids, all sons, who did they have sex with to populate the earth? Or if the only way to go to heaven is to follow Jesus's teachings, then what about all the good people who died before Jesus was born? What did Jesus do when he was growing up? And that Mary Magdeline was not a prostitute, but the wife of Jesus and the leader of the 7 female disciples.

I grew up in a small town with only a fundamentalist church - then went to confirmation classes with a small town Minnesota Lutheran pastor. Wow. What an eye opener - and an education. No forbidden questions. Any doubts allowed.

IMO - true Christianity is not afraid to ask hard questions, or bring any uncomfortable truth into the light of day. Kind of like true democracy....

Good work James. Thnx.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Well Jonna, I am serious, they explain so many questions.

So am I. The bible was changed over time to fit an agenda. It is just too bad that not everyone realizes it.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I believe its referred to as Apocrypha.

Apocrypha is no where near banned. They are relics from the Dead Sea Scrolls that is widely known amongst the Jewish Mysticism community. The apocrypha is also apocalyptic in nature (hence the name).

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Nice hysterical post.

No there are no banned books. (How can they be banned when you can buy them in a shop, or even get them from some churches?

Why are they not in the bible?

Some are forgeries that came after the new testament - Gospel of Thomas
Some are mainly historical and don't talk about God - Apocrapha.
Some are just extra teachings - The Desert fathers
None are banned.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Nice hysterical post.

No there are no banned books. (How can they be banned when you can buy them in a shop, or even get them from some churches?

Why are they not in the bible?

Some are forgeries that came after the new testament - Gospel of Thomas
Some are mainly historical and don't talk about God - Apocrapha.
Some are just extra teachings - The Desert fathers
None are banned.

forgeries.... do explain to me with your vast knowledge how you came to the conclusion it is a forgery...

Jesus said himself.. you will know me by my words.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Yes, not banned, just not allowed in the bible or else.... Semantics NC, you say not banned just not allowed, I say banned.

Odd

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Essenes

And Jesus answered: "Seek not the law in your scriptures, for the law is life, whereas the scripture is dead.

well hot damn.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Many churches have bible study classes that cover these books. They aren't banned, though it is a much better conspiracy

Too bad they aren't that "conspiratorial"

From a presbyterian church bibly study class
www.firstpresnville.org...
Approximately one-half an hour a day for study, written lessons and prayer is a
priority and a covenant you make personally with God. The Disciple Study Manual
is $30. The recommended ecumenical Study Bible, The New Oxford Annotated
Bible with Apocrypha -Third Edition, is $35. Red informational handbooks
are available upon request and in the sanctuary pews and Boll Hall in August.

The KJV version has a version with the apocrypha included. All of these books that you mention can be bought at Christian book stores

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Now. What about 100 years ago? Also, if they aren't banned, then why not in the bible? The books that answer the quetions aren't allowed, why? Ok, NC says forgery, prove it. Or did the church say it was? Well, there you go, proves it real, if the church says it is a forgery then obviously real. Just more lessons? Well, looking at the christian past, maybe they needed those extrra lessons.

Yes, not that conspiratorial, just been banned for hundreds of years, and only recently known. Also, again, why not in the bible? How come only the books that give women power or actually have answers instead of just questions are "forgeries" or extra lessons? How come th only books not allowed in the bible are the ones that show women more than a piece of f*ck(I bought the censor removed thing, but still think it a good idea to censor that word) meat to be used by their husband? You have to admit, it looks like a damn conspiracy when only the books that designate man above woman are allowed in the bible, that any book that has answers is not in the bible, that the church only allowed books that put anyone different down as satanists.(women, blacks, jews...) Gee, wonder why, it couldn't be the bible is written by man, put together by man, and edited by man, now could it?

Also, using a new word, found these sites.
www.sacred-texts.com...
www.comparative-religion.com...
www.gnosis.org...

[edit on 9-2-2005 by James the Lesser]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I beleive that God is just mass conciousesness, not as the church depicts it.
I don't mean to be insulting ,but they way the church was built, it was just meant for control!

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Where in the bible does it say that women are to be used by their husbands as no more than a piece of @%%?? Find where it is taught that and I will consider it.

I know there has been bible study classes in my Methodist church that dealt with these "non canoninzed" books and studied them. I don't have a link for that though.

Presbyterian churches are not way out there or anything, very mainstream.

MEN have taken bits and pieces from the bible and *decided* to treat their women badly. That isn't from God's direction that is perpetuated by bad men. By humans who twist and turn the bible to suit their needs

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Gee, wonder why, it couldn't be the bible is written by man, put together by man, and edited by man, now could it?

Am I sensing some hostilities? If you don't believe in Christianity or the Bible don't follow the religion. Move on, find some peace for yourself.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   
not banned, just not "in"...

www.gospels.net

Netchicken---

gospel of Thomas is a forgery???

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

as posted by Simulacra
The apocrypha is also apocalyptic in nature (hence the name).

Umm, how do you figure that the Deuterocanon. or Apocrypha (Hidden Writings) are apocalyptic in nature? Not all of them are.

seekerof

[edit on 9-2-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:38 PM
link   
When the bible was compiled many text where added and many others where left out.

This came as discretion of the church and the church at the time did not recognized them as being part of the bible once the final product was completed.

Remember the bible at the time was only to be read by only a chosen few.

It was prohibit for any body else to rea from the sacred books.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join