It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: dontneedaname

There's apparently an argument going on about just what the size and type of weapon it was. About the only thing anyone can agree on is that it was a respectable yield, but if there was a secondary, it either fizzled or didn't go off at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
It seems the PRC has greenlighted the use of force.

There official statement a short time ago.

“China will work together with the international community to comprehensively and completely implement the relevant resolutions of the Security Council of the UN, unswervingly push forward the denuclearization of the peninsula, and unswervingly maintain the peace and stability of the peninsula,”

Buck

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I wonder if apps like facebook or whatsapp would work after EMP strike above USA. I'm not worried about internet. It was designed to survive nuclear attack and major catastrophies.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

from wikipedia..nice graphic

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
This is my new laptop, pickup, farm tractor and best friend.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

They'll work..
Areas affected by an EMP would not get anything that requires electricity. Wires would fry, but if the main server is in the way... look out. As long as the receiving end of the internet wasn't hit.
Knowing Facebook like Google, there are backups around the world to take over.

If an EMP hit San Francisco or Mountain View California, it would be severe to their home bases. Take out NASA, Apple and many tech companies.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: KiwiNite
I wonder if apps like facebook or whatsapp would work after EMP strike above USA. I'm not worried about internet. It was designed to survive nuclear attack and major catastrophies.

I don't think you would be worrying about your apps after 3 days of no power/no transport in large urban areas.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
One thing is for certain, no one source has all the answers. Neither does the "public crowd" (Crowdsourcing).
Crowdsourcing is only as good as those who choose to participate. But...by correlation and cross-analysis.....and it also depends on your definition of crowd I reckon.

August 30th, 2017 post from 38north - "well respected NK analysis site"

North Korea’s Punggye-ri Nuclear Test Site: New Media Reports of an Imminent Sixth Test Again Cannot be Corroborated

Well...not saying they are inaccurate....but they are just people with certain amounts of info. We are all fallible and limited in certain ways. August 30th --> blast a few days later.

Time to resurrect some North Korea - EMP threads from long ago?
edit on 3-9-2017 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2017 by dontneedaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
When is trump going to make his official announcement?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Avicennewell first you find out exactly where lil kim is at then hit him and all his launch facilities with precision weaponry like tomahawks and if his butt hiding in a bunker then use advanced bunker busters to make sure he does not crawl out. and before you bring up that fubar in syria we really were not trying to do anything there but make a point. we don't have to nuke lil kim to disable him and his launch capabilities and if we did this in a rapid and well placed manner civilian collateral damage should be minimal

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
There were 2 quakes though.
1.@ 5:30 a 6.3 earthquake.usgs.gov...
2.@ 5:38 a 4.1 earthquake.usgs.gov...

The second probably being caused by the first and probably a collapse of some structure.
edit on 3-9-2017 by Daalder because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: cnoland

Hopefully after the international community decides that doing nothing isn't an option anymore.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Personally ,I don't think there will be any type of nuclear event.

The PRC 15th Airborne Army is massed on the Norks northern border and these are the guys that would do a decap operation.
(Airborne don't do refugee control fellas, these are their best covert operators.)

There's no overwhelming evidence to indicate that the satellites are a true threat to the western hemisphere.
(Those assets would have been taken out long ago had they been bonified.)

Little Kimmy will do a Keyer Soze move, ........poof and he's gone.

Buck

edit on 3-9-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Even if we take a broader picture...this is the SIXTH detonation. In numerology, six has a certain meaning. 7 is a holy number. Certain number patterns are all over in history and present day. Seven is all over in religion....more on this in another thread perhaps.

www.biblestudy.org...

7 continents...lots of 7 in Islam.

8 has lots of meaning in asia

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: flatbush71
Personally ,I don't think there will be any type of nuclear event.

The PRC 15th Airborne Army is massed on the Norks northern border and these are the guys that would do a decap operation.

There's no overwhelming evidence to indicate that the satellites are a true threat to the western hemisphere.
(Those assets would have been taken out long ago had they been bonified.)

Little Kimmy will do a Keyer Soze move, ........poof and he's gone.

Buck

China and NK are in bed....partners. no attack by PRC on NK.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: dontneedaname
Even if we take a broader picture...this is the SIXTH detonation. In numerology, six has a certain meaning. 7 is a holy number. Certain number patterns are all over in history and present day. Seven is all over in religion....more on this in another thread perhaps.

www.biblestudy.org...

7 continents...lots of 7 in Islam.

8 has lots of meaning in asia

en.wikipedia.org...

Religion has nothing to do with this.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
to quote the most horrid thing a man has to hear "size doesn't matter"
a nuke is a nuke and Kim shot a big one off,that's all that matters
now...

If Kim does anything outside his borders would China be true to her word and remain neutral? or would they turn and say it was provoked enough to be justified and pick a side? I don't think the Norks are going to risk a full scale war as this would bring the major powers of world into their country on one side or another and it only ends in fire.
We have 2 options only

1.does the world accept a threatening nuclear armed north Korea?
2.does the world accept a nuclear war?

My bets are on the powers that be letting north Korea fester until it pops then deal with it,kicking the can down the road until someone foots the bill here.
edit on 3-9-2017 by modified device because: one time I peed on a lion at the zoo and it respected me and became my loyal companion in crime fighting.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Avicenne

There is a way to save SK residents.

The US, Japan, Philippines, and Australia would have to begin a mass exodus evacuation assistance effort by sea and air for SK residents. SK and allies would have to hold the DMZ without adding more troops or weaponry.

A mass exodus may trigger KJ into attacking first, as it would be a bone chilling harbinger of what is to come. That is the only move left to draw KJ and NK into striking first. I believe with the assistance from all US allies and their emergency response assets, SK could be evacuated within a month to Austrailia and the Philippines. It could be done, but it would require perfect execution, and contingency for a NK attack mid-evacuation.

edit on 3-9-2017 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-9-2017 by Boscov because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Apropos of the big discrepancy between the Norwegian and USGS readings (mentioned on previous page), can I suggest someone taps our resident seismologist TrueAmerican for his input?

Reason being: A month or two ago, he started a thread called "I feel sick" or something very similar, in which he relayed claims he had heard about, that the USGS had been subverted for military purposes and its readings were therefore suspect.

It could just have been a coincidence. But...

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Boscov

There is 25 million people in Seoul alone, evac is out of the question.

Do you realize how many surfaces vessels that would require ?
Let alone the amount of food, water and medical during transit.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join