It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M 6.3 Explosion - 24km ENE of Sungjibaegam, North Korea

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DirtyBizzler

I never liked china

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
Got an emergency warning earlier on my IPhone, and so did everyone on a beautiful day at the beach.. Kinda soured the mood truth be told, while most of my patrons thought something should be done, none had an answer as to what...most Japanese are averse to fighting wars ...especially involving nukes.

Damn you lil Kim for fking up a great fall's day with blue skies and white clouds with a gentle ocean breeze..pls keel over and die.

A beautiful fall's day with blue skies was also fked up some 16 years ago.

At least you got a warning - if the shtf, do you and your loved ones have somewhere safe to go to?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

But was there any proof it was a US led strike?

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: auroraaus

It wasn't even acknowledged as a strike. It was claimed that it was a construction site accident near where the nuclear lab was.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Refering to the recent explosions in 2017.

No i got my hopes up on that one although expect something interesting to happen there in the future. Mattis chose his words, One specifically, during his press conference very carefully.

But 2004 we did do something nsughty and it set back north koreas nuclear ambitions a bit. Obviously weve been a little soft on north korea the last decade but i think thats about to change.
edit on 3-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Any signature intel on this to truthfully determine what exploded?

excuse me I'm tired
edit on 3-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

They for sure go it from somewhere. Not like they just read Sum of All Fears 90 times and figured it out on their own.

link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
en.wikipedia.org...

Any signature intel on this to truthfully determine what exploded?

excuse me I'm tired

I have a coffee here you can have!

Actually - I'm wondering if there's been any activity on the known Numbers Stations

link   
a reply to: toysforadults

It takes time to figure it out. Think hurricane modeling, on a grand scale. It can take a couple of weeks to figure out what size and type it was.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

It wasn't even acknowledged as a strike. It was claimed that it was a construction site accident near where the nuclear lab was.

Claimed by NK yes. There's multiple explanations but no concrete proof of any of them.

At this stage.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It takes time to figure it out. Think hurricane modeling, on a grand scale. It can take a couple of weeks to figure out what size and type it was.

ahhh ok thanks Zaphod, been waiting for it before I jump to conclusions. I mean obliviously something big happened but we just don't know what really.
edit on 3-9-2017 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: auroraaus

Claimed by NK yes. There's multiple explanations but no concrete proof of any of them.

At this stage.

a construction site accident that can register at a 6.5 on the ritcher scale?

wtf are they constructing there hydrogen bombs??

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

And there wouldn't be. That would be an act of war if anyone admitted it. It's not like someone is going to come out and say "Yes, we did it" and expect no consequences from it.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

No, we're talking the 2004 incident. There was an explosion near the primary nuclear facility that conveniently took out almost all of their prepared nuclear materials, and killed several of their top engineers.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

oh, like I said I'm tired.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Even with actual earthquakes the closest seismometers are never the most accurate. You can pull any 10 US sensors up and see the events then it is just math. When the USGS says the 6.3 range it's pretty close.

The goal is obviously to down play the size of the H-Bomb. You can debate charts but not documented events.

The US did a series of Nuclear tests in the Aleutian islands in the 1960's. The Milrow blast as documented in declassified records was a 1.2 Megaton event and was recorded globally as 5.75 on the Richter scale. The Cannikin blast was between 5.0 and 5.3 megatons and was recorded globally as a 6.9 to 7.0 seismic event.

So with our own tests in a similar part of the world and a seismic event of 6.3 we are looking at a 2-3 megaton blast not the 120 kilo tons this Norway group claims. Some people forget the Richter scale is logarithmic not liner.

Cannikin was detonated at a depth of 6,104 ft. The subsidence of the cavern created following the event registered over 4 on the Richter Scale. The ending depression left an eventual lake that was 1 mile wide.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: meagerhair

Very good sources are saying likely in the kiloton not megaton range and that the test isnt so successful. But they admit theyre still waiting on the numbers to fully come in. But it looks like north korea is exagerating.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: meagerhair

The waves are also affected by rock density. A previous test was a 5.1 on the Richter Scale, and was determined to be a 10 kt event.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Japan has launched a T-4 with an air sampling device, to collect radioactive samples. That will help a lot with determining more information about the device.

posted on Sep, 3 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   

The most important thing is Kim Jong's INTENT. Most experts say that he merely wants to be a member of the elite nuclear countryclub. I think there are only 5 members at the moment.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join