It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Reportedly Want to End Father's Day.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
I just reached my limit of absurdity for the day.

OP, at least ask the mods to correct your title.

I bet you're not even getting close to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Gryphon66

What about kids with two daddies?

Should they be excluded from celebrating their fathers?

I haven't argued for ending Father's Day Ketz.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I'm commenting on your posts.

My posts are fine . Try to take away fathers day and it would be fair to say i am not happy . I mean were they sitting around and thought damn men , i know lets take away fathers day . I dont get it , i really dont . There are things in my life you dont attack , Australia day , ANZAC day ,mother/fathers day . Australia is going through some major issues at the moment with for example the same sex marriage postal vote . Going on the people i know it will get an overwhelming yes vote . I am not sexist , i am not a racist i am none of the ists i just dont like stupid for stupid's sake . It gets no one anywhere .
edit on 2-9-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Quit Bickering!!!!!!!!!!

All rules for polite debate will be enforced.
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!

Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I'm not afraid of bananas or Antifa, nor do I take these problems seriously...

But you take seriously a couple of harmless morons in Australia advocating for taking away Father's day?
This really should be on the cover of Breitbart, the outrage. I hope Trump is going over his military options at this point.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I didn't say you did.

I am asking you if you think kids with two daddies should be cut out of celebrating their parents to appease this group who apparently think kids without daddies feel too bad on father's day.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: Plotus

I'm not afraid of bananas or Antifa, nor do I take these problems seriously...

But you take seriously a couple of harmless morons in Australia advocating for taking away Father's day?
This really should be on the cover of Breitbart, the outrage. I hope Trump is going over his military options at this point.

It's not necessarily about taking people seriously.

Then again, not so long ago, no one was taking it seriously when we were talking about tearing down statues too. That sort of thing only happened in third world countries when they toppled evil dictators or something. Now it happens overnight here.

So I guess it's hard to judge when the crazies are really just true fringe lunatics and when they are actually the first harbingers of a sudden popular zeitgeist.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

I did say it is the sort of thing that has come to be expected from a certain grouping.

You seem to think it's a liberal thing. It's not. It's a crazy thing.

Canada is a mostly liberal country, we have Mother's Day, Father's Day, and Family Day (February- some provinces call it something different). We basically just needed a holiday between Xmas and Easter....so family day was added a few years ago.

If anything, liberals would likely be for adding another holiday, if we can just figure out what to name it.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I think we should ban anything with "Day" in it.

It is offensive to albino's and vampires. And Gingers. But Gingers don't have souls, so they don't really matter.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think we should ban anything with "Day" in it.

It is offensive to albino's and vampires. And Gingers. But Gingers don't have souls, so they don't really matter.

Nope.
More holidaze.......Celebrate the Night Day.
Have it the day after or before the winter solstice.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Sigh.

"Liberals" meaning a small group of possibly unhinged activists?

I'm a liberal and I'm not for this, and most liberals are not extreme identity politics police. Don't blame all of us for this stuff.

If they want another day for Special Persons I'm sure Hallmark and the retail industry would be glad to oblige a new market.

Here is what I see - some small insignificant group wants to do something most people think is cray, and it becomes a hyper-partisan example of "the entire other side" and the outrage meter springs to life thus reinforcing all the reasons why "liberals" are something triggering you while they are being triggered and PC blah blah blah argue rage taunt rinse and repeat.

Can we all just say to these folks "I see you are angry at the cultural norm of Father's Day. Rather than everyone change to your point of view perhaps you could advocate for a new holiday that better fits your own cultural viewpoint and that you could celebrate instead." End of story.

edit on 2-9-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Either that or we have a day called The Rest of Us Day and make it for everyone who feels bad they never had a day celebrating them.

link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: hutch622

Ever noticed how this crap usually comes out of the mouths of women that no man can get drunk enough to be with .

How could anyone who says crap like this EVER be accused of sexism.
How unfair.

True...
But ya gotta wonder, who trolls through the interwebs looking for this kind of stupid stuff. I mean, it's given that some people are damn fools and it doesn't matter what their political orientation might be. But who seeks this stuff out and posts it with a flourish, saying "Liberals...J'accuse!" ?
Give your heads a shake, you're being played. And it ain't the good guys working at turning you against your neighbour!

I didn't have to go looking for it. It came up on a social feed through none of my doing. I brought it here for the purpose of discussion of the reasons I stated in the OP. That, after all, is the purpose of this forum. Those that come out with this sort of anti- male lunacy almost always identify themselves as liberals. If you can find evidence that refutes the article, and that those calling for this ban do not title themselves as liberals, I will accept it.
edit on 2-9-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
People actually believe this? What happened to the good ole days when an OP that wasn't factual was treated as such? Instead of people dog piling on to defend it?

Now, since a woman in Australia says this, it must mean all liberals think this. In America, no doubt.

And people actually believe that. And defend it.

In todays political climate, mental midgetry knows no bounds.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

That's what most sane people would say, but I think it has well established that the same people are not running our culture lately.

Can you deny that the hyper-PC forces of SJW land wouldn't look at this and attempt to see merit in it?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Why not Create an End All Liberals Day?

Would that counter the prior? I think it would.
If i'm out of line please tell me. The last thing i want is to dance the tango over it. Today's not a good day, i've got a headache.
edit on 2-9-2017 by Sapphire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Sapphire

Nah, we need a certain degree of liberalism.

I think what needs to go is the idea of critical this or that theory that attempts to make everyone a victim based on what identity groups he or she belongs to. Too many people, like this women in the OP, are looking for ways in which people are made to feel bad and victimized (buzzword "excluded") by society because of critical theory.

Then they take up their banners and march with their new cause. It's a sick philosophy and needs to be rooted out. It doesn't make things fair for anyone and only a creates a society of warring tribes.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Can we all just say to these folks "I see you are angry at the cultural norm of Father's Day. Rather than everyone change to your point of view perhaps you could advocate for a new holiday that better fits your own cultural viewpoint and that you could celebrate instead." End of story.

Makes sense to me

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It is as you say now, I agree. Case in point, the typical fervor in the original OP.

Everything on the internet blows up because individuals allow themselves to not only be labeled but to be integrated and become "family" with a broad stroke of an idea which they gladly propagate.

And that generalization that the internet provides, if thought on long enough, may not even speak to who they are at all. But they own it regardless.

My current idea I'm propagating is based on long winded somewhat incoherent sentences, apparently. But I'm posting it because I haven't really thought it out.

edit on 2-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
People actually believe this? What happened to the good ole days when an OP that wasn't factual was treated as such? Instead of people dog piling on to defend it?

Now, since a woman in Australia says this, it must mean all liberals think this. In America, no doubt.

And people actually believe that. And defend it.

In todays political climate, mental midgetry knows no bounds.

If you read the OP you will see I did not claim that it was true or that I believed it to be so.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join