It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Reportedly Want to End Father's Day.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

HA! so its sexist to say someone is ugly? what planet are you from again?

link   

originally posted by: Sapphire
a reply to: underwerks

Why not Create an End All Liberals Day?

Would that counter the prior? I think it would.
If i'm out of line please tell me. The last thing i want is to dance the tango over it. Today's not a good day, i've got a headache.

Hey, all we need is a guy in Australia to say that on TV, and now all conservatives think that, right?

I mean, going by the logic of the OP..

link   

originally posted by: hutch622
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Ever noticed how this crap usually comes out of the mouths of women that no man can get drunk enough to be with .

My point above .

Yeah, she is nasty.

I'd be fine with some holiday to celebrate all the people that raise kids that aren't their own. They're great people! Robbing father's is just sad.

Sorry about my penis everyone! Clearly makes me incapable of being a good guardian when I decide to have kids.

There are so many wonderful fathers out there. Mine was awesome, I've known tons of awesome fathers.

My Dad read to me every night for at least an hour until I was 10 (and I probably still bugged him to after). Worked incredibly hard to give me a wonderful life and opportunities. He was always there for me, taught me to read, taught me how to ride a bike, taught me how to fight, took me on backpacking trips (just the two of us), taught me to love dogs and if I asked him a hard question never lied. I miss him a lot.

He deserves a day. So do all the other great Dads out there. Some PC monster shouldn't be trying to rob fathers of their day. There can be different days for different people. Mother's day isn't on Father's day for instance.

link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thank you, well said.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens
a reply to: ketsuko

It is as you say now, I agree. Case in point, the typical fervor in the original OP.

Everything on the internet blows up because individuals allow themselves to not only be labeled but to be integrated and become "family" with a broad stroke of an idea which they glad propagate.

And that generalization that the internet provides, if thought on long enough, may not even speak to who they are at all. But they own it regardless.

My current idea I'm propagating is based on long winded somewhat incoherent sentences, apparently. But I'm posting it regardless.

What fervour exactly?. It was a reported article and I never claimed it's indisputable validity. Far from it in fact.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: AboveBoard

That's what most sane people would say, but I think it has well established that the same people are not running our culture lately.

Can you deny that the hyper-PC forces of SJW land wouldn't look at this and attempt to see merit in it?

Thank you. We agree!!

Hyper-PC forces do exist and sure, they might jump on this bandwagon but they would be a tiny minority of folks. Due to social media they get more attention than they deserve, and some of that is because people use them as examples of "liberals."

In my opinion, this is more about those few folks creating their own little tribe of rebels who want the world to bend to their own personal views and who enjoy railing at us "unwoke" people that look at them funny while they are screaming at us.

If they refuse the offered sanity, that is their choice. It's up to them if they want to live in a misery of their own making.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I bet these ladies are swell dinner company. But it is nice to see some on the far left finally notice the absurd behavior of their clansmen. Too little too late unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'd say this has a "fervory" type of feel to it:

All the usual insane liberal anti-male boilerplate; non-inclusive, offensive to children that dont have fathers bollocks, (Newsflash dip#s, no child is created without a father) blah blah blah.

And no deranged liberal campaign is complete without the requisite ugly, female mouthpiece. Is it for real? I don't know, but signs saying Dad's don't deserve a day certainly sounds like the sort of crap that the man hate movement would come up with.

edit on 2-9-2017 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColoradoJens

I'd say this has a "fervory" type of feel to it:

All the usual insane liberal anti-male boilerplate; non-inclusive, offensive to children that dont have fathers bollocks, (Newsflash dip#s, no child is created without a father) blah blah blah.

And no deranged liberal campaign is complete without the requisite ugly, female mouthpiece. Is it for real? I don't know, but signs saying Dad's don't deserve a day certainly sounds like the sort of crap that the man hate movement would come up with.

Really? I was going for a withering disdain.
edit on 2-9-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience

originally posted by: underwerks
People actually believe this? What happened to the good ole days when an OP that wasn't factual was treated as such? Instead of people dog piling on to defend it?

Now, since a woman in Australia says this, it must mean all liberals think this. In America, no doubt.

And people actually believe that. And defend it.

In todays political climate, mental midgetry knows no bounds.

If you read the OP you will see I did not claim that it was true or that I believed it to be so.

If the title had said, "Crazy woman wants to end Fathers Day", I wouldn't have an issue. But to hold this one womans comments up as an illustration of how the entire left feels, is patently wrong and false. On all levels.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Ever noticed how this crap usually comes out of the mouths of women that no man can get drunk enough to be with .

How could anyone who says crap like this EVER be accused of sexism.
How unfair.

True...
But ya gotta wonder, who trolls through the interwebs looking for this kind of stupid stuff. I mean, it's given that some people are damn fools and it doesn't matter what their political orientation might be. But who seeks this stuff out and posts it with a flourish, saying "Liberals...J'accuse!" ?
Give your heads a shake, you're being played. And it ain't the good guys working at turning you against your neighbour!

I didn't have to go looking for it. It came up on a social feed through none of my doing. I brought it here for the purpose of discussion of the reasons I stated in the OP. That, after all, is the purpose of this forum. Those that come out with this sort of anti- male lunacy almost always identify themselves as liberals. If you can find evidence that refutes the article, and that those calling for this ban do not title themselves as liberals, I will accept it.

Thing is, you're participating in the lunacy by passing it along with the implication that this is a 'liberal thing.' Insouciance it ain't. It's about as passive/aggressive as that quote by John Stuart Mill..."Although it is not true that all conservatives are stupid people, it is true that most stupid people are conservative."

But you want to play...fill yer boots. It defines you, not me, an actual liberal.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
That's your opinion ... making judgements about the validity of what a woman says because one doesn't like her looks is about as purely sexist as one can get.

Making judgements on that basis might be sexist, but being sexist doesn't automatically make it incorrect.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

People actually believe this? What happened to the good ole days when an OP that wasn't factual was treated as such? Instead of people dog piling on to defend it?

Now, since a woman in Australia says this, it must mean all liberals think this. In America, no doubt.

And people actually believe that. And defend it.

In todays political climate, mental midgetry knows no bounds.

If you read the OP you will see I did not claim that it was true or that I believed it to be so.

If the title had said, "Crazy woman wants to end Fathers Day", I wouldn't have an issue. But to hold this one womans comments up as an illustration of how the entire left feels, is patently wrong and false. On all levels.

In the linked article it is claimed the " crazy woman" is garnering support, and as I have already said those that espouse and support this kind of campaign tend to identify as left/liberal. I will say the same thing to you. If you can offer evidence that the people supposedly behind this reported campaign do not self-identify as such, I will accept it.
edit on 2-9-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

a reply to: Gryphon66

No fathers day , banana peels , the list goes on . Someone let the lunatics out of the asylum .

Yea. How exactly did you escape?

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This story is another example of dumb people being given a forum and then somehow their stupid ideas are used as reason to attack a huge group of people who laugh just as much as you do at these idiots.

I'm just saying there is some common ground here, between the left and the right (so generalized but easy to frame, sorry)

There is no need for so much disdain. It's bad for the kidneys.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Well...every day is Fathers day for me. I don't need a special day, but in the spirit of equality..if Father's Day goes...so does Mother's Day. I only have two girls, and guess what? I am teaching them about the feminist plan, and am grooming them to destroy feminists when they get older. They are 18 years of age now, and are about ready to be unleashed onto the world. My guess is that I am not the only man to send their daughters out to go to war with these man haters.

edit on 2-9-2017 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Nexttimemaybe

Yea. How exactly did you escape?

Well first i got a pick , a small pick like those that rockhounds use , then after gaining their trust i got a poster of Rita Hayworth ............

link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

What do you propose that might actually work? Leaving lunacy to perpetuate unchallenged has cost dearly historically.

posted on Sep, 2 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   

And the conservative preacher who said all gays need to be executed has followers who tend to be conservative. So, genocide of homosexuals tends to be a conservative ideology.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join