It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mattis goes against Trump.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: [post=22617700]

Sick of these idiots not serving the President. Ifthey are not on board with his agenda they need to leave

I agree totally. There's nothing else to say.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...and Mattis remains the only member Don's cabinet that I have any modicum let alone the utmost respect for. Semper Fidelis!

edit on 29-8-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Aazadan

Respectfully, I think a lot of what you just said is all in your mind.

The generals are moving against Trump now? I don't see that at all. How do you know they're calling the shots? Are you at the cabinet meetings?

What reports say Mattis is furious with Trump? This is ATS, man! Post an article, a tweet, a speech transcript....something showing this fury.

I would imagine Mattis may be a bit grumpy because two of our Naval destroyers have been damaged by collisions. Whatever the reason, it's not a good reflection on the DOD, I would think.

There's a lot of indications. I'll start with Kelly because he's the most visible, and likely has the highest impact.

Kelly has started censoring Trumps Tweets. Censoring the files given to Trump in briefings. And being very particular about who gets into the Oval Office. In addition he has kicked out Bannon, Gorka, and a whole host of other alt right people. The President now gets his news stories (printed ones) from CNN, NYT, and so on. Not from Brietbart and Infowars, which is where he was getting his information.

All in all, Kelly is doing what he was supposed to do. But in doing so, he's also now shaping Trump. The people that influenced him on the campaign are all gone.

Then there's Mattis. His sole concern is the military. He wants the military to be funded, operational, and usable at all times. Including for foreign policy threats. Trump is making ridiculous claims though like using the military on NK with red lines. That's not a solution, and just makes everyone look weak. Now, Trump is going after service members, and Mattis isn't going to stand by and let that # go down.

Last, is McMaster. I know less about him. But I do know that 3 weeks ago Trump wanted to pull out of Afghanistan. Now we have a troop surge.

I'm not saying the generals are doing bad things either. I approve of every action taken that I just listed. But it's definitely coming from outside the chain of command. Trump is a weak leader. He's weak like a baby. Adults are stepping into the room now to fix things.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
www.usatoday.com...

In the third break with Trump in the past 3 weeks, and this one being pretty vocal. Mattis has ordered the Pentagon to not implement the transgender ban.

Essentially, he ordered a study on it, with the intention that this issue will get fast tracked to the Supreme Court and squashed rather than implemented.

Whatever your thoughts are on this, it leads to a larger issue. Trump appointed a lot of generals and right now those generals are doing everything in their power to go against Trump. Mattis is now finding loopholes in orders coming directly from the President. Kelly is booting people from the White House and filtering what information Trump gets. McMaster dictated an Afghanistan policy to Trump, that Trump followed... as a complete 180 from his previous view.

While I have to admit that it's nice having adults in the room and being sane about running things I have to wonder: Are we seeing an outright military coup in action here?

Not to take the wind out of Aazadan's fantasy, but there is an possibility. That this is coordinated with the WH and puts it, news-wise, on the back burner pending the usual Pentagon paper mill. In this wise, Trump maintain the support of the average Military personnel and Mattis chills the other camp with a straw to grasp onto.

No better or worse an explanation than Aazadan's....

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
What reports say Mattis is furious with Trump? This is ATS, man! Post an article, a tweet, a speech transcript....something showing this fury.

I'll give you more in the morning, my tablet at night isn't really good for this stuff. I can barely type on it, much less find links,

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

you know all trump has to do is say your fired right, he is commander and chief, and therefore mattis boss. he can pick a new secretary.

and besides that trump gave him the discretion to implament the plan how he see fit inside six months.

WASHINGTON — President Trump signed a long-awaited directive on Friday that precludes transgender individuals from joining the military but gives Defense Secretary Jim Mattis wide discretion in determining whether those already in the armed forces can continue to serve.

Mr. Mattis’s decisions will be based on several criteria, including military effectiveness and budgetary concerns, a senior White House official said in briefing reporters.

Left unclear was how many of the thousands of transgender service personnel estimated to be in the military might keep serving. By putting the onus on Mr. Mattis, the president appeared to open the door to allowing at least some transgender service members to remain in the military.
Trump Gives Mattis Wide Discretion Over Transgender Ban

edit on 29-8-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Trump is widening it, because he knows it's going to get shot down in court. He's trying to prevent that from happening.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The DOD does not ask for someone's gender when they enlist. They ask for sex, and they don't ask if someone enlisting is transgender. The point is moot. Trump is playing the MSM like a fiddle with his DOD transgender ban and the MSM is getting played like a fiddle.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

No. No coup.

We're just witnessing men doing what they think is right despite the ignorance of the man in charge.

Mattis does not care if he is removed next.

In this rare case I'll back you 1E^100 % int. The whole reason behind
advisors is for their opinions being followed when it falls into their
area of expertise. Old men of war know best how to keep peace...
they want to stay home too.

I heard second hand James Mattis' plea to desist. I rejoiced when he
was affirmed as SoD after that one old quote. Grunt longevity=Job1.
None of us want to die unless it can save many more. Now if only politicians
saw a human life as valuable as a piece of their yellow soft metal.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Why I don't take you people seriously. The outrage/extreme language. Dear God, the hysteria.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

There will be no military coup. But things at the white house do seem to be getting in ship-shape. Kinda funny, Trump had no idea what he was doing in appointing Kelly. For now just enjoy the ride...it's gonna be bumpy for a while, so keep your seatbelt fastened.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Deep. State. Kennedy had the same problems.

JFK, God Bless him, didn't give in. Trump...it's not looking good lately. He might still have a good F.U. up his sleeve. We'll see.

We've been hijacked folks. Well, some of us. The other half have been brainwashed and are cheering the globalists and Antifa-Nazis on.
edit on 29-8-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
The other half have been brainwashed and are cheering the globalists and Antifa-Nazis on.

Awwwwwwww yeeah, son. Star for being a partisan! You know that's what I go for!

Yay my team is not brainwashed! Yay everyone who disagrees with me is! It's the only explanation that makes sense for I am more awesome than sweet Jesus on a Tootsie Roll.

edit on 29-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: Dudemo5
No. A military coup would be if a General led a renegade branch of the military to march on D.C., storm the White House, hang Trump from a light pole, and then gather 'round the perimeter as the general took control of the country.

We still have laws in this country. If what the generals are doing is legal, it can hardly be called a coup.

As far as everyone betraying Trump... Trump is the only common thread in all these dysfunctional relationships.

Not all coup's are violent. Some simply see a weak leader, step in, and take charge until the mess can be sorted out.

Oh goodie. It's the "soft coup" fantasy that followers of Populists all over the globe seem to believe in.

Of course, the problem with Populism is that it's based on the notion that anyone who does not agree with the leader is part of a corrupt organization that seeks only to supplant him; after all, the Populist claims, if THE PEOPLE were truly listened to, there's no way a MAN OF THE PEOPLE could fail.

Any failure is blamed on conspiracy and corruption.

Sound familiar?

It's BS.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:44 PM
link   
a reply to: norhoc

Trump is a business man so when it comes to the economy I'm on his side simply because he will know more about it than most.
But when it comes to international issues , troop movements, war , military recruitment, I am on the side of the generals simply because they know more about it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Mattis and other military personnel know that transgenders are just as capable and effective serving in the military as anyone else. I'm sure they feel anything that will reduce the number of soldiers in our military will only weaken it and not strengthen it. When a lot of his appointed generals are going against Trump's decision, it's a telling sign he never asked for any input from those who had a better insight on the issue, not surprising.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Deep. State. Kennedy had the same problems.

JFK, God Bless him, didn't give in. Trump...it's not looking good lately. He might still have a good F.U. up his sleeve. We'll see.

We've been hijacked folks. Well, some of us. The other half have been brainwashed and are cheering the globalists and Antifa-Nazis on.

Hijacked???

Explain how we've been hijacked? Trump appointed a General as his chief of staff...ever been around a general? Generals run things their way...from the top to the bottom. And if he doesn't like something that Trump says, he's gonna tell it to him. I think that's exactly the wakeup call Trump needs to see out his term. Because the way he was going before....Not cutting it.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Mattis knows how these things work, instead of implementing it and having to reverse it, he is going to wait till after the courts challenge it to see what happens. No need for extra chaos till the law is verified. The people challenging this want turmoil, our military does not need any more tearing apart by political agendas.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

Never ending war for one. And for all the wrong reasons. You haven't noticed that?

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I suspect he knows Trump's days are numbered and doesn't want to the military to have to walk back on this ban.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join